Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradytoMossTD View Post
    If we have a chance to get cousins for anyone besides the big 3, you have to do that deal if youre DA. At some point we have to start looking at the future, and a combo of Rondo and Cousins is an ideal way to build a championship team. You'll have arguably the two most important positions in basketball covered for years to come.
    you wouldn't trade pierce for cousins , is that what you're saying ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jfezz22 View Post
    http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/12/29/3814176/rumor-celtics-very-interested-in-demarcus-cousins

I would be very interested in him if I were D.A. He's a young guy but under the tutelage of KG and others I feel like he could really be a force here in Boston. What could we offer without giving up Avery, Sully, or Fab?
    How 'bout you start with Avery, Sully, Fab, and 2 unprotected 1st -- then call Sac' and listen to them hang up the phone

vCash

I Love How

There are so many homer fans chiming in about how great Bradley and Sullinger are.

Big Celtics fan here.

They are both FAR from great. You are all probably the same people on the Patriots blogs touting how "great of an RB" Woodhead is in the NFL.

Woodhead is good at what he does for his current team, in their offense. On most teams, he is a 5'8 guy who would get smashed constantly.

Bradley is great at one thing; perimeter defense. He is far from a "great" and complete NBA player, and will likely never be considered an all-time "great."

Sullinger has been playing "great" for about 3 weeks, and after visiting Celtics blogs, you would swear he is the next Tim Duncan, scoring in droves in the post.

Am I arguing either of their upsides, or that they are great young talents, with more to develop in their games? No.

But if you think for one second, that Demarcus Cousins is not BY FAR, the best player in a trade that would include BOTH Bradley & Sullinger (which still doesn't even seem fair in getting back a talent like Cousins), then you are very high, and please let me take a Skype-hit of whatever it is that you are smoking.

Bradley's biggest strength is his D, and we aren't really certain that his arms aren't going to fall off. Modern medicine has vastly improved success rates for shoulder surgery, but he is a professional athlete who throws his arms to D-up, to dunk, pass at high velocity, handle the ball.....anyone get where I'm going with this? He had the lesser half of the 2nd part of ONE SEASON playing at that level, and people swear he is the Boston Celtics reincarnation of Andre Tippett for our defense.

Take another hit of that good stuff.

Just because Rondo said something about his importance, doesn't mean that the team doesn't have an even greater weakness....a starting Center. KG is getting way too much burn at Center, and we will be lucky to have him playing at a high level in the playoffs if this continues. Did you watch the Clippers game? KG was only dominant on offense when Griffin/Jordan were off the floor. No way we can hang with most of the Western Conference, as is.

We need another scoring big-man, who can carry some of the load in the paint on defense.....oh and there's this thing called rebounding. Our team is horrible at that too. Cousins is a 24/10 All-Star potential player, and you guys are worried about giving up too much by sending them freaking Sullinger???

vCash
    I don't think Boston has anything to offer the Kings. This is the best I could come up with (except draft picks), and if I was Sacramento's GM, I'd probably have better offers.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b4zease

Or would Boston risk trading Lee, Bass, Sullinger, Terry or Green? Which would probably throw in Tyreke Evans, too.

I've seen Boston make big trades before, so we'll have to see.
    Last edited by kobe4thewinbang; 12-31-2012 at 02:01 AM.

She can turn my "Paige" anytime!

vCash
    Kings fan here. Super facepalm at the notion we'd give up Cousins and Tyreke for any of the mentioned players above. I wouldn't give them both up for everyone on your team combined. You guys need to blow it up for as many draft picks and young players as possible.
    Last edited by Kings Faithful; 12-31-2012 at 03:27 AM.

vCash
    if we want to have cousins we woluld likely have to take back a bad contract aswell (salmons and/or outlaw/garcia)

but right now I would rather have gortat cause we need defense rebounding and shotblocking rather than offense.
    Last edited by YoungOne; 12-31-2012 at 06:35 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kings Faithful View Post
    Kings fan here. Super facepalm at the notion we'd give up Cousins and Tyreke for any of the mentioned players above. I wouldn't give them both up for everyone on your team combined. You guys need to blow it up for as many draft picks and young players as possible.

That's why you're not the Kings GM. The bolded part is sig worthy.

vCash
    I think Bradley does have the potential to be great. He could be a legit 15 ppg scorer with good percentages from the field and 3 and all world defense IMO. And he did enough last year where I really don't think that's all that unrealistic. He was that and more for the latter part of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Bradley is exceptional good at one thing - on the ball defense.

It just so happens that is one of two primary weaknesses the Celtics have.

DA is not going trade from a position of weakness to shore up another position of weakness. He's made some questionable decisions, but the man is not an idiot.

If a guard goes it will be from Terry, Lee and Barbosa.

Nothing else makes sense unless DA is ready to pull the plug on the season and begin the rebuild in earnest.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Bradley is exceptional good at one thing - on the ball defense.

It just so happens that is one of two primary weaknesses the Celtics have.

DA is not going trade from a position of weakness to shore up another position of weakness. He's made some questionable decisions, but the man is not an idiot.

If a guard goes it will be from Terry, Lee and Barbosa.

Nothing else makes sense unless DA is ready to pull the plug on the season and begin the rebuild in earnest.
    Close - but if you have to make salary and roster spots work, then Bass, Wilcox, Collins at the very least are on the block, and I'd go deeper if needed.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Close - but if you have to make salary and roster spots work, then Bass, Wilcox, Collins at the very least are on the block, and I'd go deeper if needed.
    Most Likely - Bass, Lee, Barbosa, Sullinger, Melo, Joseph, Draft picks

Less Likely - Green, Terry, Wilcox, Varnado, Collins

Not Likely - Rondo, Pierce, Garnett, Bradley

Nobody is untouchable, some are more likely than others.

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    BRADLEY / BAYLESS / JOHNSON
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS
    BASS / HUMPHRIES / FAVERANI
    SULLINGER / OLYNYK / ANTHONY

vCash
    If the teams speculated to be in the Cousins hunt are Boston, Mavs, Wiz and Magic I don't see DA having a leg to stand on... Maybe we can at least become a 3rd wheel for a transaction...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    If the teams speculated to be in the Cousins hunt are Boston, Mavs, Wiz and Magic I don't see DA having a leg to stand on... Maybe we can at least become a 3rd wheel for a transaction...
    I think Utah a much more likely trade partner. Not necessarily for Al but Favors or Kantner. Not sure either would be enough... maybe both? But that's wishful thinking.
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 12-31-2012 at 05:07 PM.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    David Aldridge
    Many execs around the league have the Celtics and Pistons at the top of the list of Cousins admirers, even after this latest episode. The Boston Scenario goes like this: surely Cousins would straighten up and fly right if he was surrounded by winners; if he had Doc Rivers barking in one ear and KG barking in the other, he'd have no choice but to give in to the Mystique.
    Okay.
    Still, the Celtics are willing to take the gamble, according to another league source, and embrace the challenge of keeping Cousins on the right path. But if Petrie can't add any payroll, it's hard to see a scenario with Boston that would be enticing for the Kings, unless they're enamored with rookies Jared Sullinger or Fab Melo as centerpieces of a deal.
    Including guard Avery Bradley might get a conversation going, but the Cs love Bradley's two-way game and have imagined him a cornerstone of their rebuild; Bradley's rapid development the second half of last season before his shoulder injuries put him on the shelf in the playoffs made it much easier for Boston to absorb Ray Allen's departure.

from what i read, celtics are hesitant to include bradley

vCash
    Given the choice, I'd rather keep Sully and Bradley and tank our way to a big man. Same result

The only reason I considered Cousins as a possibility was because of the suspensions. Now he's back and playing well so we don't have a prayer

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast