Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

DeMarcus Cousins

http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/12/29/3814176/rumor-celtics-very-interested-in-demarcus-cousins

I would be very interested in him if I were D.A. He's a young guy but under the tutelage of KG and others I feel like he could really be a force here in Boston. What could we offer without giving up Avery, Sully, or Fab?

vCash
    Triple take...???
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Triple take...???
    Someone must be excited about Cousins haha.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    The Boston Celtics and Detroit Pistons are two teams that have made it clear they are highly interested in DeMarcus Cousins if and when he becomes available, according to front office sources.

Still, Cousins assuredly has plenty more teams interested in acquiring him from the Sacramento Kings.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN
    Meh, we knew they would be interested. Doesn't mean kings will make a deal with us.

My question is why the **** does Detroit want DMC? They have a very nice upcoming frontcourt with Monroe and Drummond. Why **** it up with a cancer like DMC?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    Meh, we knew they would be interested. Doesn't mean kings will make a deal with us.

My question is why the **** does Detroit want DMC? They have a very nice upcoming frontcourt with Monroe and Drummond. Why **** it up with a cancer like DMC?
    If they could get Cousins without trading Monroe that would give Detroit a very nice front court at C and PF.
    El Presidente

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jfezz22 View Post
    http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/12/29/3814176/rumor-celtics-very-interested-in-demarcus-cousins

I would be very interested in him if I were D.A. He's a young guy but under the tutelage of KG and others I feel like he could really be a force here in Boston. What could we offer without giving up Avery, Sully, or Fab?
    Zero Chance. I'm done trying tell/convince people you are not getting a star player for scrubs/average players. Fab Melo, Lee, Bass, Green can get you Varejeo or Gortat but not Love or Cousins. To get good players you have to include Bradley and Sully.

vCash
    This has already been discussed a few days ago... in the roster thread?

I don't know why everyone thinks KG can be a miracle worker with every immature malcontent idiot that comes into the league. KG is famous for shunning anyone that doesn't listen / do as he instructs and he doesn't give second chances. As headstrong, arrogant and full of himself as Cousins apears to be, the KG / Cousns relationship would last all of 2.5 seconds. Then where would the C's be?
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post

I don't know why everyone thinks KG can be a miracle worker with every immature malcontent idiot that comes into the league. KG is famous for shunning anyone that doesn't listen / do as he instructs and he doesn't give second chances. As headstrong, arrogant and full of himself as Cousins apears to be, the KG / Cousns relationship would last all of 2.5 seconds. Then where would the C's be?
    Look at Rondo. He has the same stubborn DMC attitude (probably not to the same extent, but similar) and now he adores KG.

And it's not just KG. Pierce's presence, Doc being a players coach, Rondo and Cousins were at the UK camp together over the summer. The winning atmosphere in Boston. That can help him.

It's not like he gets into fights with his teammates. Sacramento's coaching just sucks and he knows it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post

X2... With rookies and the Ryan Hollins of the world KG may help and in the end if it doesn't work out you could always dump em for a 2nd rounder... The only good thing about Cousins is his contract is cheap and he only has 2 yrs after this one which could end up being a nice trade piece if he doesn't work out...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

vCash
    I would be a huge fan of bringing Cousins to Boston. Anyone that Sacramento wants besides KG Pierce and Rondo they can have. Bradley, Sullinger, Melo, 1st, another 1st.. if they want Jeff Green for some reason then him too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMetros View Post
    I would be a huge fan of bringing Cousins to Boston. Anyone that Sacramento wants besides KG Pierce and Rondo they can have. Bradley, Sullinger, Melo, 1st, another 1st.. if they want Jeff Green for some reason then him too.
    I have no problem with trading Bradley and filler for Cousins. Sooner the better, we need someone who can rebound.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMetros View Post
    I think that is 1 too many assets. Bradley, Sullinger and Melo and draft picks. Pretty sure I'd do 3 out of those 4 but not all 4.

ps...I have no problem including Jeff Green though.
    El Presidente

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missionh1llpart View Post
    I have no problem with trading Bradley and filler for Cousins. Sooner the better, we need someone who can rebound.
    All Rondo keeps talking about is how good they are going to be when Bradley gets back. You think he pouted about Perkins leaving, he'll be worse if he sees Avery go.

Not a good move to trade Bradley in a deal for Cousins, IMO. Not just for the Rondo melting if this happens factor, but for the fact that we already let Tony Allen go and a defensive stopper like Bradley is more important in the playoffs than a rebounder.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Sacramento has been in the cellar long enough and if they want to move Cousins it won't be to free up money or to get younger...

They want to win and to win you eventually need solid vets...

The C's just don't have those pieces unless you want to trade Pierce or Rondo...

Highly doubt Cousins ends up in Boston unless it's an away game for Sac...

Reggie Lewis

vCash
    how are we and our future draft picks? anyone knows?

i found this:
    http://www.prosportstransactions.com...re/Celtics.htm

but i still can't know how we stand

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast