Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

LA Gun Buyback Nets 2 Rocket Launchers

Now this is getting out of hand...

2 Rocket Launchers Turned In During LAPD Gun Buyback
    By Dennis Romero
    Thu., Dec. 27 2012 at 2:27 PM

Yesterday's LAPD gun buyback was so successful that two-hour waits and gift-card shortages were reported.

The department says it picked up 75 assault weapons as part of its no-questions-asked effort that saw $100 dollar cards handed out for handguns and long guns and $200 for the kind of rifle used in the Newtown tragedy. The LAPD says 901 handguns, 698 rifles, 363 shotguns will also be destroyed.

Good stats. But this is the one that got us saying WTF:

Cops picked up two -- count 'em, two -- rocket launchers (!) (and not one, as other outlets are reporting), an LAPD official with close knowledge of the program told us. Holy hell why do people on our streets have military grade rocket launchers?

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2...un_buyback.php
    Back in the 70s I remember some of the vets returning from 'Nam with caches of grenades in addition to M-16s and AK47s and such, but rocket launchers have now found their way onto the streets of LA in 2012??? Is there some new Jurassic Park hunting ground that I don't know about where you can actually hunt cloned Brachiosaurus?
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Thats pretty awesome lol. Those rocket launchers are pretty much a one shot thing. Once they've been fired once, you can no longer use them and are really just something that belongs on the wall to brag about having.
    #Chow!

vCash
    That......is.......awesome

vCash
    Zombie apocolypse...you never know

vCash
    Taking guns away from people?!?! Why!? I thought more guns was the solution.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Rocket launchers for everyone!!!

vCash
    i say we arm everybody and overthrow the gov't and eliminate taxes and corruption and... wait... i feel like this has been done before...

vCash
    sources tell me that the zombie king was waiting for this moment to strike

he is in allegiance with the mole people as well

and the north koreans

vCash
    May I ask where can you even find rocket launchers and how do they even get into the US?

vCash
    Taking every thing to one side and taking it way out of context to prove a point that wasn't asked FTW.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by H-MYK View Post
    May I ask where can you even find rocket launchers and how do they even get into the US?
    You can get them legally, just go to any Gun Show and they sell them in bundles,

I got 10 and they gave me the 11th free! That's how easy it is to get guns in this country right?..

(NOTE: That was sarcasm)
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Considering Rocket Launchers are illegal I wonder how these guys obtained them?
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You can get them legally, just go to any Gun Show and they sell them in bundles,

I got 10 and they gave me the 11th free! That's how easy it is to get guns in this country right?..

(NOTE: That was sarcasm)
    Well, assault rifles I can see, but rocket launchers?

vCash

ewing

Quote Originally Posted by H-MYK View Post

o, you want a rocket launcher. i'll get you a rocket launcher

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Taking every thing to one side and taking it way out of context to prove a point that wasn't asked FTW.
    Meh. More like "stupid, unoriginal and petty semi-political jokes that serve no purpose posts FTW".

But your point stands.

As for getting a rocket launcher....everything is attainbale when you have money and connections. I'd imagine if you're in some poorer LA community and really wanted a rocket launcher, you could get your hands on one through a few connections.

And seriously, this program has always been a great thing...and it's awesome they bumped it up. They got a lot more guns than they are used to, and that's ALWAYS a good thing. Wish more cities had these programs. They certainly can't hurt. (Is this political comment OK with you, BMD?)
    Last edited by ManRam; 12-28-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast