Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

STAT Back In Sunday's Practice Report...

Like STAT's attitude the interviewers we're annoying...

http://knicksnow.com/videos/2331/sta...t#.UODCNo7P_EN
    [

vCash
    I like that he recognizes that we are hurting and maybe he can't wait until he's 100%. A little over a 1/3 of the season is finished, we need the versatility of having 3 real scoring options.

No doubt the last 1/3 is likely the most important 1/3 of the season and we already crushed the first out of 3; but we really need him.

Our injury proof team, is dependent on having our top players, thus getting away with nagging injuries to our old guys. Right now we're dependent on Kidd, Camby, Rasheed, and Prigs; especially with Felton and Melo out.

We would be a much better with him than without

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    man i dont like this interview at all.....because stat is basically saying hes just not ready...he talks like hes not even 50% ready.. sounds like a lot of " HIDDEN " excuses..all i hear is ( we have to wait and see this...and we have to wait and see that...)
    he sounds like as if he doesn't even know when he'll be back if you ask me... just alota wait and see bs... ef that ....if you gona give a interview after months and months of not talking to anyone or the press or any beat writers at least act like you know when the hell you'll be back or keep your mouth shut... idk about this guy.. i see him back on the injured list again in less than a month... he sounds kinda soft to me...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankstheknicks View Post
    man i dont like this interview at all.....because stat is basically saying hes just not ready...he talks like hes not even 50% ready.. sounds like a lot of " HIDDEN " excuses..all i hear is ( we have to wait and see this...and we have to wait and see that...)
    he sounds like as if he doesn't even know when he'll be back if you ask me... just alota wait and see bs... ef that ....if you gona give a interview after months and months of not talking to anyone or the press or any beat writers at least act like you know when the hell you'll be back or keep your mouth shut... idk about this guy.. i see him back on the injured list again in less than a month... he sounds kinda soft to me...
    Any seasoned athlete gives the same types of answers to reporters. They all know better then to promise a date. If Stat said I'll be on the court Jan. 1st and he held back for 1 more game he would have to listen to peoples crap like yours. If he doesn't come back Tuesday then it will be within a week. No wonder people hate Knick fans.

vCash
    Kind of crazy but I think I just excepted the fAct that Amare will never be the same when he comes back. This guy is breaking down and I don't think he can last much longer. We really need to get the ring this year. I believe it may be our best chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmoney View Post
    Kind of crazy but I think I just excepted the fAct that Amare will never be the same when he comes back. This guy is breaking down and I don't think he can last much longer. We really need to get the ring this year. I believe it may be our best chance.
    Might be... Especially since guys like Kidd and Amare are in the tail ends of their careers.

vCash
    Amares injury was definately worse then they made it out to be. You can just hear the uncertainty in his voice. Guys..hes far from healthy. If he actually sais that he will sacrifice his health for the good of the team means hes not even 70% i presume. I hope im wrong but there is something amare is just not saying.

CARMELOOOOOOO ANTHONYYYYYY!!!

vCash
    double post
    Last edited by Busta; 12-31-2012 at 06:23 AM.

vCash
    He is saying everything. What else could he possibly say?

he still feel soreness in his knee after heavy workouts. he wants to come back and feel 100 percent healthy that's just not logical right now. He may need at least another month. But, if he over compensates too much from soreness, that could just lead to more.

But, unless his soreness becomes pain, he can take it pretty easy and play about 15-20 a night in shorter stints.His stats will suffer, but he can work his way into shape on the court, and I think that's what Woody wants (you can kinda tell from his interview). He and everybody clearly like that they see in all the practices. Perhaps Amare is putting on too much of an athletic display and should take it easier until he recovers

vCash
    He's no more than a week or 2 off from being 100%. More like a week tho

The Future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankstheknicks View Post
    agree, i got a bad vibe from it. Amare was supposed to be out 6-8 weeks, it has been 8 weeks and he's telling reporters he's not even close to 80% yet?

And then he's saying he has to play and "sacrifice his body" because they need bodies?

What happened to all the talk of not rushing and not coming back til he's absolutely 100%? Why the sudden change? If you read between the lines its almost as if he's being pressured to play. Now I don't want him to come back til he's 100%, but at the same time its worrisome that he's saying he's not even close to 80% when 8 weeks was supposed to be the worst case scenario. how much time does he want?

I want amare back but that interview was definitely not good.

vCash
    At least he isn't ducking like Jeremy Lin did last season....
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    Melo was saying the same thing with his lacerated finger....

Melo was saying the same thing with his sprained ankle....

Trust me, the knicks are paying this guy 20 million, he will not be thrown out to the lions and risk further injury at this point. Sometimes all of this instant gratification media is too much. People really need to stop dissecting every interview and each soundbite like game seven of the nba finals is tonite.

vCash
    lol what you guys read into an interview????

Every sport and every injury has a full practice then the next day to determine soreness.

He won't know till he goes 2 straight days then tomorrow when he wakes up he will know if he is stiff, sore etc.........

The good news is he's practicing at a 100% clip, you didn't hear anything about sitting out any drills?

This folks was all good, not one thing bad from what I read or heard.

If you listen closely and stop being negative you know whats, he said if needed and if not 100% tomorrow he would play.

That doesn't mean in another few day or even a week he won't be 100%?

So why keep projecting or telling yourself the worse prepares you for bad news lol?

Relax and take it one day at a time.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QueensG_718 View Post
    Amares injury was definately worse then they made it out to be. You can just hear the uncertainty in his voice. Guys..hes far from healthy. If he actually sais that he will sacrifice his health for the good of the team means hes not even 70% i presume. I hope im wrong but there is something amare is just not saying.
    No, the injury was exactly what we knew it was 8 weeks ago. The injury never changed. The timetable was 6-8 weeks. Its now 8 weeks and there is a chance he is back tomorrow.

You are throwing out percentages like you are his surgeon, or physical therapist, when in fact you have zero idea what your talking about other that reading into part of an interview. If Amare does play tomorrow and scores 18 with 10 boards, is he OK then?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast