Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

The 2nd unit & improved pg play???

So did stuckey & bynum become better pg that fast or is it the 2nd unit ??? Tay Max and (Monroe until he plays with Drummond) slows the game up for our point guards. We all know knight stuckey,bynum likes to push the ball & play up tempo. Notice once Stuckey (asked) to come off the bench he started playing point guard way better than with are starters. Now look at how suddenly bynum is playing like a pg. And It also appears cv & dayes defense has gotten better but that's (Drummond) & lil better effort on their part.Knight is going through the same thing. When Knight plays with the bench he performs better. Even Singler plays better with the bench players. Moose needs to step up & consistenly hit the 15ft jumper & stop turning the ball over. I never thought Bynum would play like this. But stuckey has been balling too so its no coincidence. Now let's Get rid of Max Tay,Maggette by trade deadline. Then we can start Drummond & move Singler to the sf. Stuckey can play pg off the bench & we can test out English or middleton at sg. What do yall think???
    Last edited by mike 810; 12-29-2012 at 05:01 AM.

vCash
    Its been two games..

vCash
    Looks good so far but its still a small sample size.

Catches: 3 Yards: 38 TDs: 0

vCash
    Yea true...but its been our best two games against one good team & the defending NBA champs.

vCash
    That is also true. That at least gives us some hope that it can continue. I'd be more apt to completely dismiss it if it happened against crappy teams but Miami and ATL are not that. I just want more than 2 games to be 100% confident.

Catches: 3 Yards: 38 TDs: 0

vCash
    I know our record is crap but we had big 4th qtr leads on the Thunder, Rockets twice i believe. It just shows you need a floor general and closer to win big games.

vCash
    We actually had a few games where the bench played good. But frank always took them out then we ended up losing.
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL:24893678
    That is also true. That at least gives us some hope that it can continue. I'd be more apt to completely dismiss it if it happened against crappy teams but Miami and ATL are not that. I just want more than 2 games to be 100% confident.

vCash
    I'm starting to think Bynum should've been out starting point guard all along

vCash
    Yea we did. But bynum is NOT a floor general & we don't have a closer. It's the shooters we put around him & the super athletic above the rim defensive big man drummond. He catches everything & makes it easy to drive to the rim, u can't leave him or its a easy alley oop. Max is not a threat on offense & Tay won't shoot without pumpfaking. Now if knight can't run a offense when drummond starts & plays with shooters then I will judge him. But its hard playing with those two players when you are a uptempo point guard & those two slow the offense way down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink:24893868
    I know our record is crap but we had big 4th qtr leads on the Thunder, Rockets twice i believe. It just shows you need a floor general and closer to win big games.

vCash
    Nooooooo....knight is way better & 12yrs younger. It's the shooters he is playing with so other teams can't leave them open & same with drummond. That's why the clippers are winning they have shooters & high flyers. Which basically makes the game so easy for Chris paul. But I'm sure we don't want to win & lose our pick so we mite have to just deal with the weak starting line up.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotMayo:24894097
    I'm starting to think Bynum should've been out starting point guard all along

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike 810 View Post
    Nooooooo....knight is way better & 12yrs younger. It's the shooters he is playing with so other teams can't leave them open & same with drummond. That's why the clippers are winning they have shooters & high flyers. Which basically makes the game so easy for Chris paul. But I'm sure we don't want to win & lose our pick so we mite have to just deal with the weak starting line up.

with all due respect sir, BK is garbage. (probably too harsh but...)
    He does not see the floor.
    He's shoot first, but too small to be a 2. It's easy to get in his head.
    He may end up being a good spark off someone's bench, but a PG is what he will not be in the future.
    I said this about 2 months ago...."Knight will not be in the league in about 3 years"......that may be a little too harsh, but I know he wont be starting in 2-3 years.
    flame on....

vCash
    I don't think BK is garbage, but I do think he is young and not progressing as quickly as we had hoped. I think we got spoiled with how fast Greg Monroe improved and with how Drummond has been playing and now we want BK to do the same. I'm not saying he is going to be amazing, he could be a bust for all I know... but I'm not ready to panic yet because players develop at different speeds. I like the way the second unit has played together, the starters just don't seem to have the same chemistry and I think thats a lot of our problems. If I were Frank, However, I wouldn't change anything until they lose a game... the last 3 games have been good evidence that the second unit should stay together as is.

vCash
    I like bk at the starting 2 guard spot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HotMayo View Post
    I like bk at the starting 2 guard spot
    Could be, but he may also learn to get it together. The one thing I dont want is to go through with BK what we have been for years with Stuck... I can't take more of the SG/PG argument! LOL

vCash
    Brandon knight is a combo guard. Plus he is way better than stuckey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast