Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    Of course we all love seeing the Raiders suck,we sat through Art Shell at 2-14 Norv Turner 5-11 and 4-12 Kiffin 4-12 and 5-11..........We love watching the Raiders suck and so do you if you were on the bus for all those years,so sit back relax and have a beer because according to you they're gonna suck again!
    Why the sarcasm? It's the truth...
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinaraider View Post
    I have a feeling they keep Knapp...I just don't feel like this coaching staff is going to do anything. I expect nothing from them next season...they suck so bad that they will win maybe 1 or 2 more games next season tops, and that is being generous.

I do see a lot of player movement, but they'll keep the same scheme and garbage offense.

Allen, Knapp, and Tarver have done nothing with this team to merit another year, it boggles my mind why most of you would want to see them return next season; either you love seeing the Raiders suck or you love having high draft picks...I don't know because if they come back we'll see the exact same thing with different players.
    Because the coaching carousel worked so great the past 10 years?
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Look at the coaches they brought in though...all similar to Allen, none of those except Turner merited a HC spot. Now if that carousel had house hold names on it, then I would agree with you, but as it stands, all of them were pieces of crap coaching wise.
    GIFSoup

vCash
    The Raiders will be buyers in a buyers market for qualified OC's well versed in WCO/ZBS, which was not the case last season, I do not expect the Raiders to make a change until they have an opportunity to talk to somone like Marty Mornhinweg...Greg Knapp was the best option out there last season for an experienced proponent of this scheme, such is not the case this off-season. Reggie will take his typical methodical approach, all the while this forum will implode at the thought that Knapp will be back in 2013 because he is still employed after next monday. The staff that visits the senior bowl should be a good indication to where McKenzie is leaning.
    Last edited by Snake Plissken; 12-29-2012 at 08:02 PM.

vCash
    Uh, Norv didn't merit that HC position more than I did. He got it because he was one of those people willing to coach anywhere. I have a feeling he would have taking a HC postion at Alcatraz, if it was available. The only coaches that wanted this job under Uncle AL were the "ne'er do wells".

vCash
    Mike Martz for OC, anyone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Cog Neato View Post
    Uh, Norv didn't merit that HC position more than I did. He got it because he was one of those people willing to coach anywhere. I have a feeling he would have taking a HC postion at Alcatraz, if it was available. The only coaches that wanted this job under Uncle AL were the "ne'er do wells".
    Well my point was that everyone seems to preach the coaching carousel issue, but the coaches we had were no where near HC material, they were really really bad..so why keep them?

Now if that list had coaches with house hold names then I would be pointing the finger at the carousel but that's not the case, we've just haven't had anyone worth keeping. Allen and Co need to go plain and simple, the team did not improve one bit the entire season...why would I want to see that again?
    GIFSoup

vCash
    Mike Martz for OC, anyone?
    Yuck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    Mark was lead? By who? Mark Davis didn't create this mess his dad did. McKennzie didn't take the job to be labled a genius,he took the job because Mark Davis ,John Madden and Ron Wolf believed he is the man for the job. They would never say it in public but I gaurantee every one of those men knew how out of touch senior Davis had become in running HIS organization. The fact that you actually believe any onther coach would have faired better this year is funny. Mark Davis hasn't made any mistakes but he does have the responsibility of trying to fix the ones that were left behind........and they are many.
    ^^^^^ THIS..... We got what the Raiders from the past wanted... RM is going to be fine... We have a lot of problems the majority of which have nothing to do with the any of the current coaching staff. We're not reloading as it's been said so many times we are rebuilding and that doesn't happen overnight....

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinaraider View Post
    Well my point was that everyone seems to preach the coaching carousel issue, but the coaches we had were no where near HC material, they were really really bad..so why keep them?

Now if that list had coaches with house hold names then I would be pointing the finger at the carousel but that's not the case, we've just haven't had anyone worth keeping. Allen and Co need to go plain and simple, the team did not improve one bit the entire season...why would I want to see that again?
    The reason why they sucked was because they were the only ones willing to come here and be put under Uncle Al's thumb. That's why none of the good HC canidates would even want an interview. Uncle Al was his own worst enemy, and he was too blind to see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olddude View Post
    ^^^^^ THIS..... We got what the Raiders from the past wanted... RM is going to be fine... We have a lot of problems the majority of which have nothing to do with the any of the current coaching staff. We're not reloading as it's been said so many times we are rebuilding and that doesn't happen overnight....
    Correction, olddude. Uncle Al reloaded every year. Except he used blanks instead of bullets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    Yuck
    It was just a thought......LOL.....

vCash
    Correction, olddude. Uncle Al reloaded every year. Except he used blanks instead of bullets.
    Yea unfortunately I would agree with you... But AL had the right formula for a long time but things changed way faster in the last 10 years than Al did... We are on the right path finally time to stay the course. We have so many more changes coming it's just crazy to get too upset. The Raiders are going to look a lot different next season and again in the next season.

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    When that happens have at it, all those active threads have everyones speculations about Allen, Mckenzie and Knapp over and over and over.

Stop repeating yourselves for god sakes.
    Please quit taking the Lords name in vane...........for God sakes
    I do not CHEER when a RAIDER is HURT
    I will always respect & admire Al Davis
    Win, Lose, or Tie; Raider Fan Till I Die

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    Mark Davis was lead to hire a rookie GM, who hired a rookie head coach. The head coach proceeds to hire a rookie defensive corodinator, the head coach proceeds to hire an offensive coordinator that everyone hates. Mark Davis created this mess therefore he`s the only 1 responsible, no one else until you consider the football players.

We were stuck with Carson Palmer who has a history of getting everyone around him fired. He leaves the Bengals for 2 seasons, and they make the playoffs both years ( red flag ). Palmer lead the Raiders to 3 points in the first quarter the entire 2012 season, this is an NFL first. Palmer had 2 drives the entire season that were 5 minutes or longer. Palmer hasn`t won more than 4 games as a starter in years. Carson Palmer is finished as an Oakland Raider you can bank on that.

Jon Gruden has unfinished business in Oakland, he also has no other interest in working for another team, I imagine he would be working if he did. The good people of Oakland would welcome Mr. Gruden with open arms. The Oakland Raiders need a GM who isn`t looking to be tagged a genius, Rm is my humble opinion doesn`t have the smarts to take possession of the Lombardi trophy. I`m not certain who to replace Rm with at this minute, I do not like seeing him and his bobble head twin brother in the sky booth with chicken wing sauce smeared over their faces I know that.

Mark Davis needs to correct his mistakes, any inexperienced staff would taken those jobs if they were offered.

Widow don`t be mislead by Snake and the other Palmer supporters, theres no other explanation to support that man in Silver & Black.
    You have a lot of nerve telling real Raider fans who they should listen to.
    I do not CHEER when a RAIDER is HURT
    I will always respect & admire Al Davis
    Win, Lose, or Tie; Raider Fan Till I Die

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast