Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Enough is Enough! JR needs to start!

I understand what kind of player he was before, but he has come into his own. He is no longer a bench player. That guy is a starter and has the ability to be an all star. He does everything on the court. Scores, asst, stls, and plays hard defense. Then to have to put him in early and have him finish just doesn't make sense to me when our problem is slow starts. You guys be honest and tell me what team has someone coming off the bench that's that diverse?

vCash
    Hell no then who is our scorer on the bench he is getting starter minutes what more do u want. I mean Manu is easily one of the Spurs best players and he is the leader of the second unit. I mean imagine if Melo and J.R. both take a seat then what?

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Then Amare.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by faze38 View Post
    Hell no then who is our scorer on the bench he is getting starter minutes what more do u want. I mean Manu is easily one of the Spurs best players and he is the leader of the second unit. I mean imagine if Melo and J.R. both take a seat then what?
    The Spurs also don't have any liabilities on offense in their starting line up. They have Danny Green who starts ahead of him who is a very good perimeter shooter. We have Brewer who can't throw it in the ocean right now. And besides, we have Copeland and now Amare for scoring off the bench. The slow starts is what's killing us. It's also hurting our defense. Teams are cheating off of Ronnie and its becoming more and more painful to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    Then Amare.
    This

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

vCash
    O you mean the guy who just came off of injury u want to give him the load to carry. I thought the idea was to keep him healthy not put him right back on the bench in a few weeks!

vCash
    O you mean the guy who just came off of injury u want to give him the load to carry. I thought the idea was to keep him healthy not put him right back on the bench in a few weeks!
    I didn't say give him the load, but he can help. I'd feature Copeland off the bench and use Amare as a complementary player to him. At least until Amare is back right. We can't afford slow starts, then we get down and go to the bench looking to get us back in the game. I think we need to make sure we start good and then have the bench try and maintain a lead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmoney View Post
    The Spurs also don't have any liabilities on offense in their starting line up. They have Danny Green who starts ahead of him who is a very good perimeter shooter. We have Brewer who can't throw it in the ocean right now. And besides, we have Copeland and now Amare for scoring off the bench. The slow starts is what's killing us. It's also hurting our defense. Teams are cheating off of Ronnie and its becoming more and more painful to watch.
    Come on now are u serious the Spurs have a system that seems to work no matter who is on the floor ask Miami they almost lost to the Spurs B team. Brewer is not a shooter never was and to expect him to all of a sudden drop 20 a game is a little much there. He has his purpose and role I mean nobody was complaining a few weeks ago. Brewer takes the strain off of Melo and allows him to worry just about O and guarding a weaker offensive player. To me the bigger problem is the lack of intensity to start games. That's what we should be complaining about. I mean if we can hold team to 30 points in the second half why the hell are we giving up 70 in the first!

vCash
    was wondering why jr wasn't d'in up lillard in the 4th...
    "Teamwork makes the Dream work"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmoney View Post
    I didn't say give him the load, but he can help. I'd feature Copeland off the bench and use Amare as a complementary player to him. At least until Amare is back right. We can't afford slow starts, then we get down and go to the bench looking to get us back in the game. I think we need to make sure we start good and then have the bench try and maintain a lead.
    U want to feature Copeland and use STAT as the complementary player. Were will the spacing come from and please don't tell me Novak because then we are talking about the worse defensive bench in the league. Right now we are in a tough spot but to take J.R. out of the bench spot will cripple us! J.R. is our x factor right now and we just need to find our way around this felton injury because we are really lacking dribble penetration right now!

vCash
    I agree. JR needs to start. If you look at our starting 5 currently, i'm not at all surprised we get off to such slow starts. Melo is really the only scorer in our starting lineup as it currently stands.

J kidd
    Brewer
    Melo
    K thomas
    T Chandler

W/felton

Felton
    Kidd
    Brewer
    Melo
    Chandler

Our starting unit relies on carmelo to provide offense and open up the floor with double teams. As of late our 3 pt shooting has been horrible, so we need more offense inside. It's too much of a load on melo him in the first qtr, and starting off the first half. You can't expect him to continue to half 15-20 pt 1st quarters throughout the entire season. He needs some help in his unit. I propose the starting unit as:

Kidd
    JR
    Melo
    Novak
    Chandler

I say Novak because his defense has improved tremendously, and him and Jr on the court at the sametime disables teams from doubleing melo.

Second Unit

Prigioni
    Brewer
    Cope
    Mare
    Camby

Once mare get acclimated, he will provide the scoring the JR did in the second unit. Copeland will help out as well.

Final Minutes

Kidd
    Melo
    JR
    Mare
    Chandler

I think these lineups will solve the slow start issue. Thoughts?

vCash
    Come on now are u serious the Spurs have a system that seems to work no matter who is on the floor ask Miami they almost lost to the Spurs B team. Brewer is not a shooter never was and to expect him to all of a sudden drop 20 a game is a little much there. He has his purpose and role I mean nobody was complaining a few weeks ago. Brewer takes the strain off of Melo and allows him to worry just about O and guarding a weaker offensive player. To me the bigger problem is the lack of intensity to start games. That's what we should be complaining about. I mean if we can hold team to 30 points in the second half why the hell are we giving up 70 in the first!
    No but we had Raymond healthy and was playing very good for us. Brewer also was hitting his shots and playing much better defense. And don't give me that system crap about San Antonio, they have a team full of capable players. Things have changed for us and the teams are playing us different. Now it's time to adjust. You can't play Brewer and Novak and they not give us nothing. You can't rely on Kidd to handle the ball and be as efficient as he was. JR is a starter and one of our best players and needs to start. I may a thread a while back about JR being our second best player and its really starting to look more and more like I was right.
    Last edited by Quietmoney; 01-02-2013 at 11:37 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    was wondering why jr wasn't d'in up lillard in the 4th...
    Agree with this a little but if u did notice he was guarding Batum who was going off until J.R. got switched on him!

vCash
    In a months time we will have RayRay and Shump back and will be 100%. Only 13 games this month so even if we can go 8-5/9-4 get to the 30 win mark by half the season we are in great shape.

Pg - RayRay/Kid/Shump
    SG - Kidd/Jr/Shump

And why does it matter if Jr starts? Like many of said if he starts who is our spark of the bench? Amare?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    U want to feature Copeland and use STAT as the complementary player. Were will the spacing come from and please don't tell me Novak because then we are talking about the worse defensive bench in the league. Right now we are in a tough spot but to take J.R. out of the bench spot will cripple us! J.R. is our x factor right now and we just need to find our way around this felton injury because we are really lacking dribble penetration right now!
    We are already being crippled leaving it the way it is. Melo just had another 45 point game and we lost. JR also had a good game too and we came up short.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast