Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    10,376

    What Big contract can you see your team moving on from?

    What player do you think your team will give up on that still has a big contract left? Some teams may have none so you can just use other players from the NFL. Obviously thinking about the eagles I'm positive Vick and Aso are going to be released. Using my own team I think Palmer will be a casualty. I can see McFadden being traded even though he just has a year left.

    Now now I know palmer is the goat but oh well. I also know Run Emt is better than AP when healthy. Now with that out the way, what do you guys think?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    What player do you think your team will give up on that still has a big contract left? Some teams may have none so you can just use other players from the NFL. Obviously thinking about the eagles I'm positive Vick and Aso are going to be released. Using my own team I think Palmer will be a casualty. I can see McFadden being traded even though he just has a year left.

    Now now I know palmer is the goat but oh well. I also know Run Emt is better than AP when healthy. Now with that out the way, what do you guys think?
    I would say Darius Heyward Bey's asinine contract should be Oaklands greater concern.

    As for the Eagles: Vick (of course), Demetress Bell Nhamdi Aso if they are unable to restructure
    PSD's c_reinert

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    20,086
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    What player do you think your team will give up on that still has a big contract left? Some teams may have none so you can just use other players from the NFL. Obviously thinking about the eagles I'm positive Vick and Aso are going to be released. Using my own team I think Palmer will be a casualty. I can see McFadden being traded even though he just has a year left.

    Now now I know palmer is the goat but oh well. I also know Run Emtis better than AP when healthy. Now with that out the way, what do you guys think?

  4. #4
    db75 Guest
    I laughed at the Run EMT bit. Hard.

  5. #5
    db75 Guest
    My guess is we shed Julius Peppers after next season.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    71,527
    J Pep

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    18,092
    Peppers and Hester are two. the question is, is peppers worth the money he is making and willing to take less, otherwise, he might have to go.

    Hester, just needs to go, cant return anymore, terrible WR. making something around 7 mil a year.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Linden NJ
    Posts
    23,076
    Flynn I guess
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

  9. #9
    Aust's Avatar
    Aust is offline BUTLER!!!PSD's bye Mamba!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Definitely somewhere
    Posts
    22,000
    Pats don't really have any bloated contracts. We got Chung and Gregory for small money.

    Welker?
    (2/1/2015)
    Alec Sulkin ‏@thesulk 22 September

    If Bill Belichick was one of the joint chiefs of staff in the 70s, we would've won Vietnam 31-14.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    43,749
    Alexander Douglas Smith.



    Blaine Gabbert Stat Tracker - 2016 season
    QBR: 81.1 DYAR: -28 DVOA: -17.1% Yards: 532 TD: 3 Int: 3 C%: 54.9%

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Golovkin/Kovalev/Gonzalez/Rigondeaux/Fury/Ward/Alvarez/Brook/Bradley/Lomachenko


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    11,482
    Pretty much every Raider with an unusually large contract will be gone. The only way any of them return is if they rework for significantly less...and even then the production doesn't warrant keeping anyone, except maybe Palmer and Jano.

    Bye DHB.
    Bye Lechler.
    Bye Seymour.
    Bye Tommy Gun Kelly.
    Bye DMC.
    Bye McClain.
    "Why can't we tell the world that [as the Raiders' coach] you refused to play games in the segregated South, holding out to the point where they were canceled?' And he would stop me dead in my tracks and say, 'Hey, kid -- I didn't do it for publicity. I did it because it was right.' "

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Morganton, NC
    Posts
    5,647
    ^ Yep, all of the above.

    Lechler will find nice money again, but all the rest will be in for a big time paycut.

    Mark Martin
    2017 NASCAR Hall of Fame Inductee

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Coolsville
    Posts
    4,815
    I'm hoping the Dolphins move on from Dansby's contract.

  14. #14
    db75 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Peppers and Hester are two. the question is, is peppers worth the money he is making and willing to take less, otherwise, he might have to go.

    Hester, just needs to go, cant return anymore, terrible WR. making something around 7 mil a year.
    You know, saying this more and more doesn't make it true:

    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/devin-hester/


    Cap hit =/= what a player makes necessarily.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    10,376
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    I would say Darius Heyward Bey's asinine contract should be Oaklands greater concern.

    As for the Eagles: Vick (of course), Demetress Bell Nhamdi Aso if they are unable to restructure
    lol i didn't think i needed to bring up DHB, yes i firmly believe he will be gone. Matter of fact a lot of big contract raiders may be gone.

    Seymour's contract is going to be voided so he will be gone.

    Tommy kelly has to leave.

    Mcclain may be cut or if some team really wants him we can probably get a late round pick, **** ill take a 7th

    Michael huff has a non guaranteed contract with 2 years 16 million left. Although he has played well considering he has switched positions, if he doesn't take a big pay cut hes a goner. On top of that i still think palmer and mcfadden will be gone. So in reality the raiders will have a ton of big contracts out of oakland

    Palmer, Run EMT, DHB, Kelly, Seymour, mcclain and Huff. A couple guys we may get a pick. most will get released.

    Hopefully a team will give up a 3rd for mcfadden. If we traded him last offseason we could have netted a 2nd, but his value has gone really down.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •