Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Allen probably realizes he was a little too early to put a label on Pryor as 'not ready'. I don't think he hates him. He just underestimated him.

Like a whole lot of other people.

vCash
    Maybe he thinks he's going to get canned and wonders if starting Pryor earlier might have saved him.

*Waits for excoriation*

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Can someone please explain the constant use of "hater"? Is that a term peculiar to today's kids? Nothing can be said on this forum without being called a "hater". I find it used mainly by those who are new here. Now DA is a "hater". This forum used to be full of reasonably intelligent discourse but has regressed, significantly, of late.

vCash
    i think your looking too deep into it, the season just ended so he's feeling countless emotions...
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    Palmer really takes a lot of unnecessary heat. You saw Pryor get a taste of what Palmer has been going through all year with some patches of bad play-calling and drops.

Palmer is still the QB next year.
    Last edited by chucklemethis; 12-30-2012 at 09:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    The kid was 3 for 3 in the red zone, and 2 for 2 with goaline success. His touch is probably because he hasn`t played football in 2 years. I wouldn`t toss jump balls to Heyward Bey, he hardly seems coordinated enough to come down with the ball.

I`d much rather suffer if need be with this young man, then watch Palmer choke every week. I`d also try to get Nassib in camp lol.

The Raiders need a youth movement and now is the time.
    You don't seem as bitterly cynical as usual about Pryor. I'm more then a little surprised.

Did I miss something? I thought he played poorly - fun to watch, but far too inconsistent to be relied upon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    he extended plays and provided a spark. He had some accuracy problems
    Why does this remind me of Tim Tebow to me?

vCash
    I'm watching Raiders post game live now and even Norv Terner Chargers HC congratulated Pryor. He even seemed excited to see Pryor. I don't understand how anybody especially our HC could not give credit to a guy who just wants to work and get better.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    Pryor had a good game. He didn't look like Tom Brady but he extended plays and provided a spark. He had some accuracy problems but recivers dropped many catchable balls. Something I noticed during the press conference was Allen not wanting to give any credit to Pryor . He looked mad every single time pryors name was mentioned. He didn't encourage his player. He said Pryor has earned the rite for the raiders to evaluate him? Are you kidding me Pryor has earned the rite to be our number 2 qb and maybe even push Palmer and let him know that he better produce or Pryor is ready. ! What's Allen's deal. I like Allen and hopes he stays but he needs to be a better motivator and bealive in his players instead of shutting them down.
    I didn`t see the press conference, if Allen failed to give Pryor a thumbs up for this effort, it`s possible Allen maybe to immature for his current position.

Pryor wasn`t helped by the Raider running game, yet he found the end zone 3 times inside the 20, something we haven`t seen in a lot of years.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    I gotta tell you, those kids played with some heart today. The defense was confident that the offense could make some plays. The energy on the field was much different than the previous 15 games.

Oakland surrendered fewer breakdowns on defense they were pretty solid. The Raider offense did well in the red zone, they looked confident enough to cross the goal line which they did 3 times, not the usual lost look then Jano boots a 3 pointer.

Nice job today.
    LoL not your usual pessimism...Red Zone offense looked light years better, thats what I loved about Gannon, he could attack paydirt inside the 20 with his mobility.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider in FL View Post
    Can someone please explain the constant use of "hater"? Is that a term peculiar to today's kids? Nothing can be said on this forum without being called a "hater". I find it used mainly by those who are new here. Now DA is a "hater". This forum used to be full of reasonably intelligent discourse but has regressed, significantly, of late.
    Don't be such a 'hater'.

(I don't get it either, but I tend not to understand a lot of what's going on in the world.)

I remember Lane Kiffin and Greg Knapp talking about young QB's back in the early days of the Russell era. Both men spoke bluntly about the dangers of putting a young QB on the field 'too soon' -- this is something I have always remembered, and have always brought up on this forum.

Pryor needs to improve his footwork, throwing motion, reads, etc. It's really hard to read and react to a circumstances on the football field while also thinking about your footwork, throwing motion, arm angle, eye discipline and all the other conjured / manufactured "coach speak" terms for playing QB well you hear on BSPN.

Knapp / Kiffin indicated that most young QB's, when thrown on the field too soon, were liable to forget about all the techniques they were taught, operate on instinct alone and continue to use the bad habits and poor techniques they were allowed to sustain in college.

In summary, I don't think DA 'hates' Pryor. I think DA wanted to keep Pryor off the field, mostly so Pryor could continue to work on developing his skill-set.

I realize people may have missed this, but Pryor had some bad techniques and bad form out there today. It's not the sort of thing a starting QB can get away with week after week.

vCash
    Did DA say "I hate Pryor"?

Then no he doesn't.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Maybe he has to downplay Pryor to fire Knapp!!!!!!!
    A photo from the stands for C. Woodson's return in Indy.

vCash
    Allen has a measured demeanor which can get misunderstood as aloofness.

vCash
    I think he doesn't want to give too much credit so he doesn't look wrong when he made the season long decision to have him 3rd on the depth chart.

McGOAT

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast