Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Not terrible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    I dont agree, if Palmer is released I dont believe it will be because of Pryor played.
    I'm not sayin Pryor deserves to be starter but the raiders would not have scored more maybe even less with palmer out there. 13 million too much, palmer is outta here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Thats a very fair statement, but...Pryor, like Gannon can extend drives with his mobility, a gift Palmer was not blessed with. If you are suggesting that today's QB must be mobile, I won't disagree with you, it can break a defenses back.
    I gotta tell you, those kids played with some heart today. The defense was confident that the offense could make some plays. The energy on the field was much different than the previous 15 games.

Oakland surrendered fewer breakdowns on defense they were pretty solid. The Raider offense did well in the red zone, they looked confident enough to cross the goal line which they did 3 times, not the usual lost look then Jano boots a 3 pointer.

Nice job today.

vCash
    I like TP's ability with his legs. This is the way the league is going, we need to develope TP.

vCash
    I was very surprised by the end. Fact it, he got us in the endzone and made minimal mistake. I'm not a huge fan of his touch, and he could certainly use another year on the bench IMO. This game solidified his role as backup and if Reggie thinks 13 mil is too much, possibly palmers job.

I can tell you now, if that 13 million was two cb's today, we would've won with this QB. The defense has I proved dramatically with terrible players. Another year and some good players and they will win us some games.

vCash
    He impressed me, but there are obvious flaws in his game.

The question is - how hard will he work to get better? Does he have the desire to really face his flaws, recognize both how they happen and how they can be fixed... and then fix them?

Many QB's have had talent over the years, but very few are so exceptionally skilled they become 'franchise' QB's. Could Pryor add his name to that list? Anything is possible. It will be interesting to see what kind of plans the team has for his future.

vCash
    Palmer isn't Reggie's guy. Reggie's gunna wanna bring in his own guy as the franchise qb moving forward. Palmer costs to much. Palmer doesn't put this team in the best possession to win. I believe Palmer will be gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    I was very surprised by the end. Fact it, he got us in the endzone and made minimal mistake. I'm not a huge fan of his touch, and he could certainly use another year on the bench IMO. This game solidified his role as backup and if Reggie thinks 13 mil is too much, possibly palmers job.

I can tell you now, if that 13 million was two cb's today, we would've won with this QB. The defense has I proved dramatically with terrible players. Another year and some good players and they will win us some games.
    I want Palmer back for one more season, but 13 million is a lot of cash and that would help solidify the defense along with Seymours cash as well. I agree with you, we had a little bit better special teams play and better corners instead of practice squad corners....we win this game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    He impressed me, but there are obvious flaws in his game.

The question is - how hard will he work to get better? Does he have the desire to really face his flaws, recognize both how they happen and how they can be fixed... and then fix them?

Many QB's have had talent over the years, but very few are so exceptionally skilled they become 'franchise' QB's. Could Pryor add his name to that list? Anything is possible. It will be interesting to see what kind of plans the team has for his future.
    Well put.

vCash

Question Does Allen Hate Pryor?

Pryor had a good game. He didn't look like Tom Brady but he extended plays and provided a spark. He had some accuracy problems but recivers dropped many catchable balls. Something I noticed during the press conference was Allen not wanting to give any credit to Pryor . He looked mad every single time pryors name was mentioned. He didn't encourage his player. He said Pryor has earned the rite for the raiders to evaluate him? Are you kidding me Pryor has earned the rite to be our number 2 qb and maybe even push Palmer and let him know that he better produce or Pryor is ready. ! What's Allen's deal. I like Allen and hopes he stays but he needs to be a better motivator and bealive in his players instead of shutting them down.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    It was Pryor's first start. of COURSE you're gonna see flaws in his game right now. I was impressed with him putting the ball pretty much on the $, not trying to zip in fast balls in there for an INT (even though he threw 1 trusting DHB to make that play).

I think with a year behind Palmer getting all the #2 snaps and some packages kind of like how SF did with Kaep at first...it's worth not drafting a QB in this draft for sure. Wait another year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SDraiders619 View Post
    Terrelle pryor is a god among mere mortals, oakland is about to witness its franchise qb for the next 6+years, this guy will bring excitement and a winning tradition to oakland, he could part water with a simple motion of his hands, just wait ladies, terrelle pryor will win us this game and at least 8 next year, and dmc will rush for 100+ yards bcuz everyone will be focusing on pryor aka the tebow/mcgahee effect, how ever pryor will actually throw as well unlike teblow, 24-16 oakland and I don't even want to win! But pryor wont let us lose
    I take it predictions are not your strong suit.

vCash
    don't judge by media interviews.
    believing what you believe in. sticking up for your rights and sticking up for the rights of others from time to time. do it your way. don't let the culture tell you what to do. that's being a Raider. -Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post

The kid was 3 for 3 in the red zone, and 2 for 2 with goaline success. His touch is probably because he hasn`t played football in 2 years. I wouldn`t toss jump balls to Heyward Bey, he hardly seems coordinated enough to come down with the ball.

I`d much rather suffer if need be with this young man, then watch Palmer choke every week. I`d also try to get Nassib in camp lol.

The Raiders need a youth movement and now is the time.

vCash
    I dont blame allen...keep these youngster grounded...one game with some flashes...Allen does not have to stroke him....hes still got a lot to learn....but good head coaches know how to control praise for young players....and no im sure he doesnt hate him

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast