Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    vCash
    I say starting Pryor and getting rid of Palmer would be ideal for the future.

I like Palmer and think he'll win us the most games, but he's not the future. So re-build with Pryor and if we get lucky with Pryor then we stick with him. If not, we get Manziel from sucking horribly while we used Palmer's saved money on other players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    I don't think Allen is capable of giving anyone a straight answer.
    HAHAHAHA that's hilarious!

I like the way he always says "hey listen..." when he's tryna make a point lol
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    Start Pryor and let Carson walk!! use that money on a Tackle. let Pryor have his shot!

vCash
    GOOD READ ON PRYOR! interview...
    http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraider...mment-page-14/
    Second-year quarterback Terrelle Pryor finally got an opportunity to play in a regular-season game this year. He also received his first start, in the regular-season finale against the San Diego Chargers.
    A day after the game, Pryor paused to reflect upon his performance in that game, his two years with the Raiders and how he intends to work on improving during the offseason.
    Here’s the transcript from the 13-minute interview in the locker room before Pryor departed Alameda for the final time in 2012:

Q: Thoughts after watching tape from Sunday’s game?
    Pryor: “Actually, just when I met with, I went into coach Flip’s office, he pointed out a couple of things that I did. The flag we got, I threw a bomb to DHB, he just mentioned that if I would have faked it and stayed back on it, I would have had better vision. Instead of a penalty, we would have completed it. I agreed with him on that. Also, there’s a couple of plays I missed, whether it was miscommunication with me and the receivers. It’s just, I haven’t had a lot of reps with the guys, so it’s tough to be on (the same) page. But, just for going out and having fun and trying to get some plays, draw ‘em up and make them work, I thought we did a decent job. My biggest thing is, before I went to bed I was very mad at myself that I didn’t get out of bounds because we could have had a field goal. D.A. preaches that all the time. All I was trying to do was make him miss. I knew because when I was running, I was looking at the clock. I knew I had to get out but I ended up slipping. I didn’t get out. I was very mad about that because that’s my time where I’m a leader. That’s an example that he can show. ‘T.P. got out of bounds on this play and this is the type of stuff we need.’ I didn’t do it, so.”

Q: You got out of the huddle on time, no penalties, no sacks, plenty to build on?
    Pryor: “Oh, yeah, like I said, them guys had 11 sacks, I was telling you guys on Wednesday about the Jets and stuff like that. I got rid of the ball well. There’s a couple of accuracy things that I need to fix. I was telling you yesterday, when guys are in my lap, with the flick wrist, I need to work on that a little bit. I need to make sure I complete that. That pick I threw, that’s what happened. Them guys were in my lap, but in the NFL you got to make those throws and I experienced that firsthand yesterday. So, I appreciate it more. Definitely it’s something to build off of. I wish we could have won, obviously, but it’s something to build off of. I’m very excited that I started. I can go home and can feel like somehow hold my head up high that I accomplished one of my goals of starting at least one game and lead the guys like I know how to do.”

vCash
    This alone tells me alot about who TP is??? love how humble this kid is, he's a breath of fresh air...

Q: Any part of you that feels as if you should be considered for the starting job?
    Pryor: “I don’t want to get into thoughts of that because I respect Carson as a human being, as a guy that, when everybody counted me out as a quarterback, said I couldn’t do this or that, he’s the one that said, ‘I believe in you.’ He’s told me so many times that he believes in me. No disrespect to you guys, I just don’t want to get into comments about that because I love the guy as a human being, I love him for the father he is to his kids, the husband he is to his wife, and I love him as a teammate. I love the guy and I really don’t want to discuss that.”

vCash
    I threw a bomb to DHB, he just mentioned that if I would have faked it and stayed back on it, I would have had better vision. Instead of a penalty, we would have completed it.
    Lies. He was throwing a bomb to DHB so it wasn't going to be a completion.

whether it was miscommunication with me and the receivers. Itís just, I havenít had a lot of reps with the guys, so itís tough to be on (the same) page.
    Don't start with the excuses already, just put the team on your back.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    Lies. He was throwing a bomb to DHB so it wasn't going to be a completion.

Don't start with the excuses already, just put the team on your back.
    I wouldn't call the reps thing an excuse. Pryor did not take a single first or second string rep until the last week of the season. In fact, he didn't even take the majority of the first string reps the last week either. Leinart was about 75:25 on Wednesday and then it was closer to 50:50 on Thursday and Friday. He got very little quality reps this year.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Seeing that TP is on the cheap, there's no need to get rid of him. I have been bashing him from day one, but I kinda like the kid now. Now, with that being said, he still has a ways to go to be an NFL caliber QB, but his feet will keep plays alive. He just needs to sling it, instead of floating it.

vCash
    As much as we have invested in him, I believe Carson Palmer starts next season. In my opinion, as of now, Palmer gives us the best chance to win. I don't understand the negativity surrounding his name. He gave his best shot last season, and made the most of what he had. With that being said, if next season tanks, by mid season, I think Terell Pryor will be brought in and handed the reigns. Palmer is getting older and makes for the perfect mentor. He's a class act. Pryor still has much to learn if he wants to be great in the NFL. I applaud Palmer for his leadership, and Pryor for his desire. It'd be wonderful to watch Al Davis's last pick blossom into something special in the NFL. Pryor panning out would be Al Davis giving the NFL the middle finger one last time.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    As much as we have invested in him, I believe Carson Palmer starts next season. In my opinion, as of now, Palmer gives us the best chance to win. I don't understand the negativity surrounding his name. He gave his best shot last season, and made the most of what he had. With that being said, if next season tanks, by mid season, I think Terell Pryor will be brought in and handed the reigns. Palmer is getting older and makes for the perfect mentor. He's a class act. Pryor still has much to learn if he wants to be great in the NFL. I applaud Palmer for his leadership, and Pryor for his desire. It'd be wonderful to watch Al Davis's last pick blossom into something special in the NFL. Pryor panning out would be Al Davis giving the NFL the middle finger one last time.
    Yup, well said...

vCash
    [QUOTE=bigjunior559;25018341]GOOD READ ON PRYOR! interview...
    http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraider...mment-page-14/
    Second-year quarterback Terrelle Pryor finally got an opportunity to play in a regular-season game this year. He also received his first start, in the regular-season finale against the San Diego Chargers.
    A day after the game, Pryor paused to reflect upon his performance in that game, his two years with the Raiders and how he intends to work on improving during the offseason.
    Hereís the transcript from the 13-minute interview in the locker room before Pryor departed Alameda for the final time in 2012:

Q: Thoughts after watching tape from Sundayís game?
    Pryor: ďActually, just when I met with, I went into coach Flipís office, he pointed out a couple of things that I did. The flag we got, I threw a bomb to DHB, he just mentioned that if I would have faked it and stayed back on it, I would have had better vision. Instead of a penalty, we would have completed it. I agreed with him on that. Also, thereís a couple of plays I missed, whether it was miscommunication with me and the receivers. Itís just, I havenít had a lot of reps with the guys, so itís tough to be on (the same) page. But, just for going out and having fun and trying to get some plays, draw Ďem up and make them work, I thought we did a decent job. My biggest thing is, before I went to bed I was very mad at myself that I didnít get out of bounds because we could have had a field goal. D.A. preaches that all the time. All I was trying to do was make him miss. I knew because when I was running, I was looking at the clock. I knew I had to get out but I ended up slipping. I didnít get out. I was very mad about that because thatís my time where Iím a leader. Thatís an example that he can show. ĎT.P. got out of bounds on this play and this is the type of stuff we need.í I didnít do it, so.Ē

Q: You got out of the huddle on time, no penalties, no sacks, plenty to build on?
    Pryor: ďOh, yeah, like I said, them guys had 11 sacks, I was telling you guys on Wednesday about the Jets and stuff like that. I got rid of the ball well. Thereís a couple of accuracy things that I need to fix. I was telling you yesterday, when guys are in my lap, with the flick wrist, I need to work on that a little bit. I need to make sure I complete that. That pick I threw, thatís what happened. Them guys were in my lap, but in the NFL you got to make those throws and I experienced that firsthand yesterday. So, I appreciate it more. Definitely itís something to build off of. I wish we could have won, obviously, but itís something to build off of. Iím very excited that I started. I can go home and can feel like somehow hold my head up high that I accomplished one of my goals of starting at least one game and lead the guys like I know how to do.Ē[/QUOTE

Every time this kid speaks I become more and more impressed with him. He really says some intelligent things and sounds like a leader. Palmer is going to help make him our 2014 starting quarterback. I can see it in him.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617