Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I did notice the leadership role Pryor took. I like the way he played, I know he isn't starter material yet, but I think the harder he works the better he'll become. The biggest problem I saw yesterday, which will be corrected, was he floated the ball a lot. He had too much of a soft touch on his throws.

vCash
    It's obvious Pryor has a lot of respect for Palmer,keep Palmer another year,get rid of Matt Lienert and make Pryor your #2,we've already seen how absolutely garbage Lienert is and Pryor came in a made a case for himself,also Pryor knows he's far from taking the starting position and I respect that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    If he does, I'll certainly be in line, plate in hand, ready for a helping of crow. But I'm doubting that'll happen. He's not a QB. He's a superior athlete. He's kinda like Tebow.

-Stork
    He was much better then I expected.

His accuracy was inconsistent, but he did make some good reads, he kept his eyes downfield even when scrambling and he made some very good decisions.

I liked everything about what I saw... except his ability to throw an accurate football on schedule. That's still somewhat important for a QB, lol...

Still, flaws aside, there were some things to like. I was pleasantly surprised by his performance. In his post-game interview, he talked about what he did wrong fundamentally - and, I must admit, I was very impressed listening to him talk about how he used his wrist incorrectly, causing his passes to sail off target incompletions.

We'll see if he can develop further. He was certainly better yesterday - against first team competition - then he was at any point in the pre-season, against the scrubs.

vCash
    Palmer is a poor mans Tony Romo...lol goyod in games but when the game is close throws a interception and losses the game for you never wins the close game. pryor played a good game and if given the chance I think he could be just as good as the cam & rg3 of the league. He was up there with them in College if not better
    Last edited by bigmark716; 12-31-2012 at 10:52 AM.

vCash
    How do you say lack of experience rg3 rookie Wilson rookie luck rookie... Let him play he is very capable makes defenders miss where if Palmer was in there would have been at least 3 more sacks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    He was much better then I expected.

His accuracy was inconsistent, but he did make some good reads, he kept his eyes downfield even when scrambling and he made some very good decisions.

I liked everything about what I saw... except his ability to throw an accurate football on schedule. That's still somewhat important for a QB, lol...

Still, flaws aside, there were some things to like. I was pleasantly surprised by his performance. In his post-game interview, he talked about what he did wrong fundamentally - and, I must admit, I was very impressed listening to him talk about how he used his wrist incorrectly, causing his passes to sail off target incompletions.

We'll see if he can develop further. He was certainly better yesterday - against first team competition - then he was at any point in the pre-season, against the scrubs.
    He played a lot better than I expected too. Much better. But it'll take him years of dedication to get his throwing mechanics straight...and even then, will he ever be accurate? I'm overwhelmingly pessimistic on that front.

He does belong on the field though, thats obvious. And if its not here, it will be somewhere else where they get him doing that Brad Smith thing.

I say go get Tebow and play him at fullback with Pryor as the H-back/wild-card kind of thing. At least on short yardage.

Back to the point...I too saw a lot of positives out of yesterday. The kid did well for himself.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmark716 View Post
    How do you say lack of experience rg3 rookie Wilson rookie luck rookie... Let him play he is very capable makes defenders miss where if Palmer was in there would have been at least 3 more sacks
    This. There was many plays where Palmer would have been sacked, but Pryor kept alive. I still question his accuracy/zip on the ball, but there is something to be said about a player who can keep drives alive by getting out of jams and making plays.

vCash
    Bad qb`s get Head Coaches and General Managers fired, I`d rather see that kid getting real time experience on the field, than the Carson Palmer circus.

I`m good with anything other than Palmer, that show is beyond reckless and the results are never going to change, we`ve seen the best he has to offer.

With Palmer under center 2013, Allen would be fired at the end of the season. Allen going in a different direction will only buy him time to right the ship, lets see if they pass the stupid test.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    Bad qb`s get Head Coaches and General Managers fired, I`d rather see that kid getting real time experience on the field, than the Carson Palmer circus.

I`m good with anything other than Palmer, that show is beyond reckless and the results are never going to change, we`ve seen the best he has to offer.

With Palmer under center 2013, Allen would be fired at the end of the season. Allen going in a different direction will only buy him time to right the ship, lets see if they pass the stupid test.
    We'll have to see how things shake out with the offensive coordinator.

Marty Mornhinweg found a lot of very creative ways to get Michael Vick in positions to win games. IMO, if the Raiders hire Mornhinweg... maybe they should think seriously about getting rid of Palmer and promoting Pryor.

Time will tell. Change is coming, no doubt about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    We'll have to see how things shake out with the offensive coordinator.

Marty Mornhinweg found a lot of very creative ways to get Michael Vick in positions to win games. IMO, if the Raiders hire Mornhinweg... maybe they should think seriously about getting rid of Palmer and promoting Pryor.

Time will tell. Change is coming, no doubt about that.
    There`s no logical reason to keep Palmer here, I just asked Spock.

1. Palmer is never in position to win anything, the evidence is beyond clear.
    2. Palmer had 2 drives over 5 minutes the entire season, Pryor had 2 in 60 mins.
    3. Palmer led Oakland to 3 total points the entire season in the first quarter.
    4. Palmer averaged 1 point every 75 minutes played (225) 1st quarter minutes.
    5. Palmer hasn`t won more the 4 games per season since 2009.
    6. Palmer has 1 playoff game after years of service, 0 -1.
    7. Palmer leaves the Bengals, they make the playoffs both years.
    8. Palmer fizzles out in the red zone, 3,6,9,12 Jano
    9. Palmer throws the most critical interceptions, over and over.
    9. Palmer gets junk production after the game is out of hand.

Those aren`t exaggerated I stopped at 10 ( double 9`s ) hoping to get those on Letterman. I didn`t mention his lifetime losing record as the field leader, I don`t understand the forum support for Carson Palmer he`s a terrible qb, I also pray we`ve seen the last of him.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheKing30 View Post
    This. There was many plays where Palmer would have been sacked, but Pryor kept alive. I still question his accuracy/zip on the ball, but there is something to be said about a player who can keep drives alive by getting out of jams and making plays.
    This is something that will be taken care of through working more frequently with the starters. I have seen a lot of posts down playing what this kid did yesterday. He was the emergency 3rd string QB for the majority of the year with the exception of yesterday and a few plays out of the year. Pryor really impressed me yesterday with how comfortable he was in the pocket even though he was pressured quite a bit. He didn't look to just scramble every time he felt a little pressure. Made good reads, even on the int. it was single coverage just a little off and DHB miss timed the jump for the ball a lil.... Pryor played well! Just needs more reps with first team to get timing down. Don't know about starting but I think he has a future as our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    So do the petulant prissy men who are in slots #1 and #2. I'd rather deal with Pryor's "character flaws" any day. At least he knows how to be on a TEAM and he understands that QBs must be LEADERS, not starlets.
    Regardless, you have to keep players who have had issues in the past on a tight leash. It is just a way to ensure he continues to develop. Of course every person is "imperfect", that is a given. I truly think Pryor is a good kid, but you have to make sure you keep him in a structured environment/system.

vCash
    I really hope he is our number 1 next year and we part with both Palmer and Leinart and draft a rookie to be our #2 and sit behind Pryor for a year or two. Honestly, I think Pryor could have won 4 games as well this year on a much smaller salary and salary cap impact.

vCash
    I do not get it.

Pyror got blown out all game long and throws like a girl. The game ended up being closer however TP had like 60 yards passing all game until "Garbage Time"

Thats right people you criticize Palmer all year but when TP gets a few stats when we are down 24-7 he is a serious player? No its garbage time remember so it doesnt matter. This guy looks like a turnover factory in the making and has no arm strength

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulevard View Post
    Raider Fan here.

Don't chat much, but read a lot of stuff you guys type.
    Pryor deserves to be taking serious coming into camp next year.
    HE DOES?????? WHY?? He looked like a deer in the headlights yesterday! His decision making was terrible. He was the same Pryor we saw at Oho State. If it weren't for the fact that he can run it would have been lot worse! I hope the front office views yesterday as a showcase for a possible trade during the off-season and nothing more. He is NOT the answer.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast