Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    Pryor* should compete with another vet. Cut palmer and use the money from him to bring in a c or og And Greg Jennings. With the money freed from Seymour being defense. Huff played nice but releasing him frees up8 million with no hit. Release dhb. Release Kelly n McClain. Get a 3rd for McFadden. Trade down the picks. We will have some good money to bring more wheeler type guys on D. In the draft with the first pick 8-12 range get our own watt/miller/smith take D threw out but take a RT in between.
    Doubt they cut Palmer I hear the two are very close and that Pryor refers to Palmer as his team dad. Someone that looks out for him and is trying to bring the best out of him as a man and player.

vCash
    I don't think they'll keep palmer just to make Pryor happy. Pryor hasn't earned anything. I'm just saying Reggie isn't going to pay palmer anything more than 8 million and I don't see palmer taking a 5+ million pay cut. I keep reading his 13 million is non guaranteed next year and if that's true then he's gone for sure IMO.

vCash
    I don't think they'll keep palmer just to make Pryor happy. Pryor hasn't earned anything. I'm just saying Reggie isn't going to pay palmer anything more than 8 million and I don't see palmer taking a 5+ million pay cut. I keep reading his 13 million is non guaranteed next year and if that's true then he's gone for sure IMO.
    Not to make him happy but to help develop him and its not like we have a replacement either

vCash
    Pryor needs another year before he should be given the keys to the team to see if he can be a legit nfl qb

vCash
    I will not say he should be the starter or lets run Carson out of town. What I will say is he played well and if we had some recievers other than Myers and Streater catch the ball we may have even pulled off the win.

vCash
    Yes I'm almost certain palmer is gone I see us making a play for Flynn or smith or Matt Moore on a 2-3 year deal. Develop Pryor more he's only 23. Build the team and give him the reigns in 2 more seasons. We can bring in Flynn for a 4th maybe but he'll cost less than palmer and with that money we can build the D.
    Oh lord.... not only do you suggest cutting Palmer..... but doing it for Flynn lol.

I would absolutely guarantee Palmer does not get cut. Despite people here running around saying "the sky is falling cut our best offensive player" management is a lot smarter than that. Cutting Palmer is literally the dumbest move we could possibly make. Dumber than cutting any other player on the team. Even guys like Wiz. Palmer played very well with a terrible playcaller, no run game, and no O-line. I am simply dumbfounded right now. Palmer is our only shot at Pryor panning out.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    We'll see. I lol at the fact that people lol at the fact that its plausible to get rid of a horrible contract for a 54-66 starter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SlvrNBlack View Post
    TP could be a filler and maybe develop as time goes on, however, question we must ask ourselves, do you see TP being the QB to lead Oakland to the Super Bowl?
    Sure, why not. Not next year, mind you. But in years following,
    as he continues to work and grow. The passion, heart, and
    presence he showed last night are exactly what this team has
    been needing for over a decade. We need to get rid of our
    expensive dead weight (CP/Leinart) and develop this kid.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skyleralan View Post
    Pryor had character flaws,
    So do the petulant prissy men who are in slots #1 and #2. I'd rather deal with Pryor's "character flaws" any day. At least he knows how to be on a TEAM and he understands that QBs must be LEADERS, not starlets.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    First of all, Allen spoke about the 'spark' Pryor provided and noted that Pryor - "like most young QB's" (paraphrasing) - had some good and some bad.

Why is anyone surprised that Dennis Allen - as stoic and bland a head coach as I've ever seen - chose to talk about Pryor in his categorically stoic and bland manner?

Dennis Allen isn't going to do summersaults and cartwheels after wins; he's certainly not about to do summersaults and cartwheels after a loss when talking about a young QB who's still showing his growing pains out there.
    I agree after reading the transcript that is exactly what I took from it. He gave Pryor credit for the good but also mentioned the bad. I'm okay with that his completion percentage was below 50 and he made quite a few throws with bad footwork. Its easy to see the kid is capable but I would love to see more of the Redskins or Panthers style if he starts moving forward. Maybe we find a college coach that knows how to run it well to replace Greg Knapp.
    Last edited by slvrandblkatack; 12-31-2012 at 09:39 AM.
    A photo from the stands for C. Woodson's return in Indy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Allen isn't out of touch, doesn't hate TP, or have any vendettas or secret opinions...

He's a real coach whom keeps his mouth shut and says little. No need to praise people and blow up their ego. We don't need a press conference diva.

I for one like the fact he is stoic. He's a professional and has class, something we haven't had here for a while.
    Couldn't agree with you more,would his comments been different if we'd have won ..maybe but Pryor handled himself as best he could and did some great things on the field...IT WAS HIS FIRST GAME!!! ....and Allen knows this,he was also running a limited playbook to not overwhelm him which is the way any rookie QB should be brought into playing time. Dennis Allen has been consistant all year with his comments on what this team needs to do to improve....nuff'said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    This!

Palmer is the starter as long as he's in Oakland. Pryor CAN and WILL learn a lot from him. Next season should be exciting.
    I have mixed feelings about Palmer, I hope to hell it was Knapp who held Palmer back after watching Pryor I have my suspicions about Palmer. I agree, Palmer will be the starter as long as he's on the team.

vCash
    If he does, I'll certainly be in line, plate in hand, ready for a helping of crow. But I'm doubting that'll happen. He's not a QB. He's a superior athlete. He's kinda like Tebow.

-Stork

vCash
    People, let's take it easy. Pryor played a nice game yesterday....but against the crappy Chargers. He deserves to be the back up. He's not ready to start every day, not because of lack of talent, but due to lack of experience.
    I think he's a year away. I think Palmer will be back due to the fact that he's earned it, not to mention he's a big stability factor. It would be interesting to see how well he and DMC do with a decent O line and an OC with some imagination.

vCash
    I'll say this - I think Pryor has earned himself a very long, very serious look to be a long-term option at QB.

He made some very good reads; he made some very good decisions; he actually has 'leadership' qualities on the field.

After a very poor showing, Pryor rallied the team in the late stages and made a game out of it - even though it was unlikely Oakland would win.

He earned consideration to start. I read a tweet that referred to him as a "developmental QB" - and I'm fine with that. He's under contract for two more years... so he'll remain in Oakland for two more years.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast