Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will he live up to his contract?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 11.90%
  • No

21 50.00%
  • Too soon to tell

16 38.10%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I would really like to meet the ****** who gives 36 million to a player coming off of major heart surgery. really? how dumb can you be??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    A young Marvin Williams: Both nice guys, high picks, but will only frustrate you so it's best to just lower your expectations and ignore the massive contracts given because the front offices wouldn't admit they made a mistake.
    Green really isn't that bad. he started off slow but he's picked it up. 12/4 in 25 minutes on 45% FG in december. that equates to 17/6 per 36

He won't be an all star player or anything but he's a good role player and a capable #4 MAYBE #3 option on a contender

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    I mean... seriously? Who were thye trying to out bid when they gave him that contract? I would have been like: 20 million, 4 years. Take it or leave it.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    Green really isn't that bad. he started off slow but he's picked it up. 12/4 in 25 minutes on 45% FG in december. that equates to 17/6 per 36

He won't be an all star player or anything but he's a good role player and a capable #4 MAYBE #3 option on a contender
    Well to be fair, I dont think anyone expected Green to play as pitifully as he did to start but Im not going to put more stock into a single month than his entire career to this point. Because to be frank, I dont find that month to be as good as you claim. Not an All-Star is a throw away critique, hes OBVIOUSLY far from reaching that level of play but a good role player is still pushing it. Maybe we have different definitions but I dont consider him a good role player at all. More like a solid 9th man, far from worthy of his salary. Maybe he can develop into a good role player, that still wouldn't justify his salary.
    Last edited by Chronz; 12-29-2012 at 05:29 PM.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan

Can't see it happening. From one NBA fan to another, I'm telling you I've already been through this, the Hawks former GM gave Marvin all that money to save face for a draft bust that wasn't even his pick. Marvin also dealt with a serious back injury the last couple years (which isn't exactly like Green's heart issue but still). Then Larry Drew tried to use Marvin off the bench last season and he had "breakout" games like you're talking about and it gave part of our fan base some false hope. But it didn't last. Like I said, just lower your expectations now so you won't feel wronged later on.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-29-2012 at 06:29 PM.

vCash
    I don't think his contract is that egregious for his age and skill set. I can think of a few off top that are worse.

The jury is still kindof out on him, I like his versatility though....

BRIA MYLES.....SWAG!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12