Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 91
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,758
    vCash
    1500

    Is Dwight howard playing at an All-Star level this year?

    Obviously Dwight is a superstar in this league, but his play this year hasn't been all that great, definitely not superstar caliber. I know he will probably make the team because of reputation and the fact that the All-Star voting is flawed, but does he deserve to be there?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,758
    vCash
    1500
    Damn, should have added a poll

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    C Florida
    Posts
    6,336
    vCash
    1500
    I think that nickdymez has a better chance of making it over Dwight.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Parade Down Figueroa
    Posts
    16,785
    vCash
    1500
    Well, he is the only player right now in the league in the Top 5 in all 3 categories of FG% (4th), BPG (4th), and RPG (4th). No player that is on one of the 3 lists is on the other 2 lists.


    So that's still damn impressive by Dwight.


    Dwight is not playing "best C" in the league caliber ball, but he'll get there in my opinion by the all-star break when he's close to fully healthy.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    59,514
    vCash
    1500
    absolutely not. Marc Gasol and Tim Duncan have been better at the center position. Factor in that, at least until now, the team he plays for hasnt been very good.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,758
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post
    I think that nickdymez has a better chance of making it over Dwight.
    One reason why this forum is a joke now. Instead of just staying away from this thread or actually adding something to it, he makes a "nickdymez" joke because he feels thats what will get him accepted around here. Well way to go JNoel.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    12,888
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    absolutely not. Marc Gasol and Tim Duncan have been better at the center position. Factor in that, at least until now, the team he plays for hasnt been very good.
    x2.

    dwight still isn't himself, and he might not ever be 'himself' for the rest of the season. i think he came back too soon because he's so eager to please. i think he should take a few weeks off. let pau find his groove at center.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,758
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    absolutely not. Marc Gasol and Tim Duncan have been better at the center position. Factor in that, at least until now, the team he plays for hasnt been very good.
    Exactly the two I have in front of him. I dont know how many true bigs they will carry on this roster. Seeing as though Tim can play both ways, Dwight can make it with that added flexability.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    59,514
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    x2.

    dwight still isn't himself, and he might not ever be 'himself' for the rest of the season. i think he came back too soon because he's so eager to please. i think he could take a few games off.
    I think he came back too early as well. He should have rested the first 3 weeks or so. I think he will be fine in the long run obviously, but that is not the same Dwight we saw in Orlando. Simply put, there are a couple players easily outplaying him at the position out west as well right now.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,758
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    x2.

    dwight still isn't himself, and he might not ever be 'himself' for the rest of the season. i think he came back too soon because he's so eager to please. i think he should take a few weeks off. let pau find his groove at center.
    Yep, best bet for the Lakers. The Lakers are playing in panic mode instead of smart mode, so they wont do it..

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    59,514
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    Exactly the two I have in front of him. I dont know how many true bigs they will carry on this roster. Seeing as though Tim can play both ways, Dwight can make it with that added flexability.
    oh, I think he makes it on reputation alone. I just don't think he is playing all star level ball for this season so far. And I have no issue with him making it, its a fans game, and they love Dwight.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,739
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    absolutely not. Marc Gasol and Tim Duncan have been better at the center position. Factor in that, at least until now, the team he plays for hasnt been very good.
    This.

    Both Marc and Timmy D have been playing much better two way ball then Dwight so far this year.


    Perfection

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    C Florida
    Posts
    6,336
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    One reason why this forum is a joke now. Instead of just staying away from this thread or actually adding something to it, he makes a "nickdymez" joke because he feels thats what will get him accepted around here. Well way to go JNoel.
    Whatever you say dude. Any good stuff you put into threads, you will get back, just know that from now on nickdymez.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    12,888
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I think he came back too early as well. He should have rested the first 3 weeks or so. I think he will be fine in the long run obviously, but that is not the same Dwight we saw in Orlando. Simply put, there are a couple players easily outplaying him at the position out west as well right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    Yep, best bet for the Lakers. The Lakers are playing in panic mode instead of smart mode, so they wont do it..
    yeah, you guys are right.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,758
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    oh, I think he makes it on reputation alone. I just don't think he is playing all star level ball for this season so far. And I have no issue with him making it, its a fans game, and they love Dwight.
    I agree that its a fans game, but I also feel that the league can do better with their brand by exposing other players in smaller markets in particular. Dwight doesnt deserve it, point blank. Put Marc in their again.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •