Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is Dwight howard playing at an All-Star level this year?

Obviously Dwight is a superstar in this league, but his play this year hasn't been all that great, definitely not superstar caliber. I know he will probably make the team because of reputation and the fact that the All-Star voting is flawed, but does he deserve to be there?

vCash
    Damn, should have added a poll

vCash
    I think that nickdymez has a better chance of making it over Dwight.

vCash
    Well, he is the only player right now in the league in the Top 5 in all 3 categories of FG% (4th), BPG (4th), and RPG (4th). No player that is on one of the 3 lists is on the other 2 lists.

So that's still damn impressive by Dwight.

Dwight is not playing "best C" in the league caliber ball, but he'll get there in my opinion by the all-star break when he's close to fully healthy.

vCash
    absolutely not. Marc Gasol and Tim Duncan have been better at the center position. Factor in that, at least until now, the team he plays for hasnt been very good.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post
    I think that nickdymez has a better chance of making it over Dwight.
    One reason why this forum is a joke now. Instead of just staying away from this thread or actually adding something to it, he makes a "nickdymez" joke because he feels thats what will get him accepted around here. Well way to go JNoel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    absolutely not. Marc Gasol and Tim Duncan have been better at the center position. Factor in that, at least until now, the team he plays for hasnt been very good.
    x2.

dwight still isn't himself, and he might not ever be 'himself' for the rest of the season. i think he came back too soon because he's so eager to please. i think he should take a few weeks off. let pau find his groove at center.

vCash
    Exactly the two I have in front of him. I dont know how many true bigs they will carry on this roster. Seeing as though Tim can play both ways, Dwight can make it with that added flexability.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    x2.

dwight still isn't himself, and he might not ever be 'himself' for the rest of the season. i think he came back too soon because he's so eager to please. i think he could take a few games off.
    I think he came back too early as well. He should have rested the first 3 weeks or so. I think he will be fine in the long run obviously, but that is not the same Dwight we saw in Orlando. Simply put, there are a couple players easily outplaying him at the position out west as well right now.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    x2.

dwight still isn't himself, and he might not ever be 'himself' for the rest of the season. i think he came back too soon because he's so eager to please. i think he should take a few weeks off. let pau find his groove at center.
    Yep, best bet for the Lakers. The Lakers are playing in panic mode instead of smart mode, so they wont do it..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    Exactly the two I have in front of him. I dont know how many true bigs they will carry on this roster. Seeing as though Tim can play both ways, Dwight can make it with that added flexability.
    oh, I think he makes it on reputation alone. I just don't think he is playing all star level ball for this season so far. And I have no issue with him making it, its a fans game, and they love Dwight.

vCash
    This.

Both Marc and Timmy D have been playing much better two way ball then Dwight so far this year.

Perfection

vCash
    One reason why this forum is a joke now. Instead of just staying away from this thread or actually adding something to it, he makes a "nickdymez" joke because he feels thats what will get him accepted around here. Well way to go JNoel.
    Whatever you say dude. Any good stuff you put into threads, you will get back, just know that from now on nickdymez.

vCash
    I think he came back too early as well. He should have rested the first 3 weeks or so. I think he will be fine in the long run obviously, but that is not the same Dwight we saw in Orlando. Simply put, there are a couple players easily outplaying him at the position out west as well right now.
    Yep, best bet for the Lakers. The Lakers are playing in panic mode instead of smart mode, so they wont do it..
    yeah, you guys are right.

vCash
    oh, I think he makes it on reputation alone. I just don't think he is playing all star level ball for this season so far. And I have no issue with him making it, its a fans game, and they love Dwight.
    I agree that its a fans game, but I also feel that the league can do better with their brand by exposing other players in smaller markets in particular. Dwight doesnt deserve it, point blank. Put Marc in their again.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast