Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1052
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,818
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fin_frenzy_84 View Post
    Or I would even trade Deng to move up and grab McLemore

    Amnesty Boozer

    Sign Smith and Millsap

    Rose
    McLemore
    Smith
    Millsap
    Noah

    That Defense....
    Quote Originally Posted by fin_frenzy_84 View Post
    Yeah I agree Shabazz is going in the top 3 easily but I wouldnt mind seeing us trading Deng and picks to move up to go get him!

    Then Amnesty Boozer and sign Josh Smith and O.J. Mayo

    We should have the money for both after dumping Boozer and Dengs contracts

    Rose
    Mayo
    Muhammad
    Smith
    Noah
    Boozer imo isnt going to be amnesty until 2014...

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,963
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fin_frenzy_84 View Post
    Just throwing this out there... Love said he wanted to start a big 3 with his draft class...

    Rose/Gordon/Love!!!
    When did he say that?

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    14,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fin_frenzy_84 View Post
    Or I would even trade Deng to move up and grab McLemore

    Amnesty Boozer

    Sign Smith and Millsap

    Rose
    McLemore
    Smith
    Millsap
    Noah

    That Defense....
    NOOOOOO, the only reason he is finaly playing well is because he has realized that he isnt a jump shooter. never will be, People forget how bad he was in the playoffs when he decided to just take jumpers all day, and miss everything. he cant play SF in this league. PF, he is a mismatch and defensive presence,


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    14,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFTW View Post
    When did he say that?
    Olympics long time ago, not recently,
    not new news


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,818
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Olympics long time ago, not recently,
    not new news
    And there was also a picture somewhere wearing a bulls hat

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    27,114
    vCash
    56000
    @Kyben...

    trading Deng for Eric Gordon wouldn't be a wash deal at all. If Gordon stays on the court, then it's a win. If he can't, then it was a loss. But saying it's a wash at the end isn't really true considering Gordon is a 2nd playmaker that can bring far more efficient offense than Deng can at this point in his career. Also, it would be getting something out of Deng right now while his value is still really high, and while he still has a couple years on his deal making him just enticing enough to deal a disgruntled 'injury-prone' star for.

    @Touro

    yeah, i know the number of games Gordon has played. But I also saw Phoenix, who routinely has the best medical staff in the league and keeps injury-prone players healthy at a remarkable rate, give the guy a max contract. Also, Gordon hates New Orleans and never wanted to be there, making his return this season from his injury not one that he was looking forward to. People have thought about him actually being 100% healthy already, but he's simply holding out because he doesn't want to return to such a ****** situation where NOH drafted a guy like Austin Rivers. *** one final note, factor in that Deng is 28 and Gordon is 24, and you simply open the championship-contender window by a good 4 years if the trade works out.

    and the whole "offense is less in the front-court" is easily outweighed by the offense given in the backcourt, if that's truly your line of reasoning. Eric Gordon is a much better offensive player than Deng, and he's much more efficient. And there would STILL be offense in the front-court, very efficient offense actually with Butler/Boozer/Noah. That would be good for 32 points a game right there, with Rose & Gordon each getting 20+ individually meaning the starting lineup would be getting ~75 points per game alone. The bench would simply need to get 20 points a game, and this team would become an instant perennial contender once Mirotic comes over and replaces Boozer.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,963
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Olympics long time ago, not recently,
    not new news
    oh ok....i remember that

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,963
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    @Kyben...

    trading Deng for Eric Gordon wouldn't be a wash deal at all. If Gordon stays on the court, then it's a win. If he can't, then it was a loss. But saying it's a wash at the end isn't really true considering Gordon is a 2nd playmaker that can bring far more efficient offense than Deng can at this point in his career. Also, it would be getting something out of Deng right now while his value is still really high, and while he still has a couple years on his deal making him just enticing enough to deal a disgruntled 'injury-prone' star for.

    @Touro

    yeah, i know the number of games Gordon has played. But I also saw Phoenix, who routinely has the best medical staff in the league and keeps injury-prone players healthy at a remarkable rate, give the guy a max contract. Also, Gordon hates New Orleans and never wanted to be there, making his return this season from his injury not one that he was looking forward to. People have thought about him actually being 100% healthy already, but he's simply holding out because he doesn't want to return to such a ****** situation where NOH drafted a guy like Austin Rivers. *** one final note, factor in that Deng is 28 and Gordon is 24, and you simply open the championship-contender window by a good 4 years if the trade works out.

    and the whole "offense is less in the front-court" is easily outweighed by the offense given in the backcourt, if that's truly your line of reasoning. Eric Gordon is a much better offensive player than Deng, and he's much more efficient. And there would STILL be offense in the front-court, very efficient offense actually with Butler/Boozer/Noah. That would be good for 32 points a game right there, with Rose & Gordon each getting 20+ individually meaning the starting lineup would be getting ~75 points per game alone. The bench would simply need to get 20 points a game, and this team would become an instant perennial contender once Mirotic comes over and replaces Boozer.
    I agree with you Shammy. I'd take the risk of trading for Eric Gordon as well. They've targeted Deng so we may have a shot. In my opinion, he's a better compliment to Rose than Deng, if he stays healthy.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,353
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    NOOOOOO, the only reason he is finaly playing well is because he has realized that he isnt a jump shooter. never will be, People forget how bad he was in the playoffs when he decided to just take jumpers all day, and miss everything. he cant play SF in this league. PF, he is a mismatch and defensive presence,
    He is actually shooting pretty decent from 3 this year.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    14,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    @Kyben...

    trading Deng for Eric Gordon wouldn't be a wash deal at all. If Gordon stays on the court, then it's a win. If he can't, then it was a loss. But saying it's a wash at the end isn't really true considering Gordon is a 2nd playmaker that can bring far more efficient offense than Deng can at this point in his career. Also, it would be getting something out of Deng right now while his value is still really high, and while he still has a couple years on his deal making him just enticing enough to deal a disgruntled 'injury-prone' star for.
    becasue your only looking at one side of the ball. Deng is our best defender, he is one of the few in the league that can contain Melo and Lebron, two of the guys we need to watch out for in the playoffs. thats why I would not do it. like I said, I love the idea of trading for him but not for DENG. Deng is arguably our most valuable players, and I think that Thibbs would tend to agree with me on that. defensivly, we will loose our identity with the trading of Deng.

    Also, I hate that word right there. IF. its such a bad term to be spewing around because the word itself means nothing. nobody cares about ifs, its the reality that maters, and if that reality turns out to be the negitive of the two, you just traded our star defender for an injury prone 2 guard whos contract will be impossible to move. and I myself am not willing to say that that is a good idea.

    Also, I cant beleive that people are willing to trade Deng for Eric gordon after all the trouble we have had with another Gordon. We signed Deng and let him go for a reason. I do not prefer undersized lack luster defense guards. its hard to win like that, and we signed Deng over Gordon for a REason,and now you wnat to take that back by trading Deng, for an injury prone (yes better version) of Ben Gordon. if your willing to say that this would be worth it, and it happends. mark my words, we will probably regret the trade.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    14,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fin_frenzy_84 View Post
    He is actually shooting pretty decent from 3 this year.
    still would not trust him at the 3


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    27,114
    vCash
    56000
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    becasue your only looking at one side of the ball. Deng is our best defender, he is one of the few in the league that can contain Melo and Lebron, two of the guys we need to watch out for in the playoffs. thats why I would not do it. like I said, I love the idea of trading for him but not for DENG. Deng is arguably our most valuable players, and I think that Thibbs would tend to agree with me on that. defensivly, we will loose our identity with the trading of Deng.
    I'm not simply looking at one side of the ball. I'm looking at both, and factoring in that a ++ defender in Jimmy Butler would be taking Deng's place in the starting lineup, my point stands. It's a lot easier drafting or signing a defensive-minded player than finding an offensively-talented player like Eric Gordon (when healthy).
    Also, I hate that word right there. IF. its such a bad term to be spewing around because the word itself means nothing. nobody cares about ifs, its the reality that maters, and if that reality turns out to be the negitive of the two, you just traded our star defender for an injury prone 2 guard whos contract will be impossible to move. and I myself am not willing to say that that is a good idea.
    My hold thing was about "if he's healthy." If he's healthy, i'm ****ing 100% correct. If he's not, i'm completely batshit wrong. And remember when everyone *****ed about Deng being injury prone?

    Also, I cant beleive that people are willing to trade Deng for Eric gordon after all the trouble we have had with another Gordon. We signed Deng and let him go for a reason. I do not prefer undersized lack luster defense guards. its hard to win like that, and we signed Deng over Gordon for a REason,and now you wnat to take that back by trading Deng, for an injury prone (yes better version) of Ben Gordon. if your willing to say that this would be worth it, and it happends. mark my words, we will probably regret the trade.
    The other Gordon has no correlation with this Gordon besides sharing the same last name. They're completely different players. Eric Gordon, when healthy which is what this entire argument is about, is a top-15 player in the league. Ben Gordon was top-50 at best.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,818
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    @Kyben...

    @Touro

    yeah, i know the number of games Gordon has played. But I also saw Phoenix, who routinely has the best medical staff in the league and keeps injury-prone players healthy at a remarkable rate, give the guy a max contract. Also, Gordon hates New Orleans and never wanted to be there, making his return this season from his injury not one that he was looking forward to. People have thought about him actually being 100% healthy already, but he's simply holding out because he doesn't want to return to such a ****** situation where NOH drafted a guy like Austin Rivers. *** one final note, factor in that Deng is 28 and Gordon is 24, and you simply open the championship-contender window by a good 4 years if the trade works out.

    and the whole "offense is less in the front-court" is easily outweighed by the offense given in the backcourt, if that's truly your line of reasoning. Eric Gordon is a much better offensive player than Deng, and he's much more efficient. And there would STILL be offense in the front-court, very efficient offense actually with Butler/Boozer/Noah. That would be good for 32 points a game right there, with Rose & Gordon each getting 20+ individually meaning the starting lineup would be getting ~75 points per game alone. The bench would simply need to get 20 points a game, and this team would become an instant perennial contender once Mirotic comes over and replaces Boozer.
    Its a lot of ifs to this matter man.

    Also that point count isnt correct. Well its correct but its not that diferent.
    A) Rose 20 + Gordon 20 + NOAH 13 + JIMMY 10 BOOZER 10 = 73
    B) Rose 20 + RIP 12 + NOAH 13 + DENG 15 BOOZER 10 = 70

    The diference in this 2 teams is the way you make the points. I would say team B is better at defense but team A would have a second choice in a player look a like Rose - Gordon, a guy who doesnt just jump shoot, he can run to the basket like rose. That would be interesting.
    The age factor i agree that Gordon gives you 6/8y of a quality backcourt along with rose. And although DENG isnt old or anything, in is age his trade value will star to diminish.
    I would say that IF (damn this ifs) Gordon makes 10/15 games without a problem with could go for it, but this will always be a risky trade for us.

    We could also look at DENG for the trade of Kevin Love than get OJ Mayo in FA? Rose-Mayo-Jimmy-LOve-Noah?

    Well, i doubt our FO will trade DENG so...

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Posts
    9,678
    vCash
    1500
    What's up guys Suns fan(Bulls supporter) here just wanting to see what you guys thought of this trade:

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b927ahb

    Rose/Hinrich
    Iggy/Brown
    Butler/Radmonovic
    Boozer/Morris
    Noah/O'neal

    Yes losing Taj would be huge but Morris is a poor mans version of Taj with a nice touch from 3 and a much much nicer contract which saves you guys even more money when Booz is gone. As long as Noah is C and Thibbs is coach the defense will never suffer. Now to the real problem with the Bulls IMO the backcourt. Rose is the best PG when healthy and that is that but his companions haven't been too good as of lately on the offensive end. This is where Iguodala and, Chicagos own, Shannon Brown come in. These are guys that can get their shot off whenever and actually make it. Not only that but the defense ain't too shabby. And Butler finally gets his shot.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,353
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    What's up guys Suns fan(Bulls supporter) here just wanting to see what you guys thought of this trade:

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b927ahb

    Rose/Hinrich
    Iggy/Brown
    Butler/Radmonovic
    Boozer/Morris
    Noah/O'neal

    Yes losing Taj would be huge but Morris is a poor mans version of Taj with a nice touch from 3 and a much much nicer contract which saves you guys even more money when Booz is gone. As long as Noah is C and Thibbs is coach the defense will never suffer. Now to the real problem with the Bulls IMO the backcourt. Rose is the best PG when healthy and that is that but his companions haven't been too good as of lately on the offensive end. This is where Iguodala and, Chicagos own, Shannon Brown come in. These are guys that can get their shot off whenever and actually make it. Not only that but the defense ain't too shabby. And Butler finally gets his shot.
    If we did any trade with the suns we would be getting Gortat

Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •