Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 81
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    15,074
    vCash
    1500
    Couldn't you guys offer Vucevic, Reddick, Harkless, and a 1st? Not saying you would have to give up that much, but you guys could put a solid offer on the table forsure.


    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    13,777
    vCash
    500
    That's seems like the actual deal if it would happen tbh. But I would probably pass. And lol at your sig bet. Do these people actually leave when they lose?

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    4,344
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Amare has 2 years left and is an enormous expiring that year. He's better than Al Harrington, we can have a competitive team, our young guys can develop, then in two years, when our young players are coming into their own, Amare and Nelson are both gone freeing up 30+ million dollars. That'd be huge for us. Or hell, we could trade Amare as an expiring and perhaps get a stud player in return for it. Could benefit us
    But the way we're set up is to have enough cap space to offer a NEAR-max contract for the next two off-seasons. With Amare on the books, that virtually eliminates any chance of that and handcuffs us until 2015. We're gonna suck anyway, even with Amare and his injuries. I'd rather potentially get a high draft pick then be the 8th seed in the playoffs.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,549
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    But the way we're set up is to have enough cap space to offer a NEAR-max contract for the next two off-seasons. With Amare on the books, that virtually eliminates any chance of that and handcuffs us until 2015. We're gonna suck anyway, even with Amare and his injuries. I'd rather potentially get a high draft pick then be the 8th seed in the playoffs.
    We arent going to be good or have surrounding talent to bring in that Max contract. We bring in Amare, were not going to be awesome, and we'll have a top 10 pick still, most likely. We then draft a guy with potential (obviously) and hope with in 2 years he's ready to go. Then we have Vuc/Nicholson/Harkless/Draft choice with a year under his belt, and can add 1 or 2 max contracts with Amare and Jameer coming off the books. We'd have young talent to pair with Max players. If Nicholson continues to develop, I see him being a Paul Millsap type player. Which is good for us. Vuc is a 15-10 guy, Harkless looks to be a solid defender, hopefully he can get that offensive game going a bit though...take a SG or a PG in this upcoming draft (McLemore, McCollum, Carter-Williams) I assume one of them will be available with our pick with the amount of big men in this draft and we go from there. I'd like to take Carter-Williams to be honest...big point guard with great passing/penetrating abilities, then look to sign a big name to go with a young group
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,544
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    We arent going to be good or have surrounding talent to bring in that Max contract. We bring in Amare, were not going to be awesome, and we'll have a top 10 pick still, most likely. We then draft a guy with potential (obviously) and hope with in 2 years he's ready to go. Then we have Vuc/Nicholson/Harkless/Draft choice with a year under his belt, and can add 1 or 2 max contracts with Amare and Jameer coming off the books. We'd have young talent to pair with Max players. If Nicholson continues to develop, I see him being a Paul Millsap type player. Which is good for us. Vuc is a 15-10 guy, Harkless looks to be a solid defender, hopefully he can get that offensive game going a bit though...take a SG or a PG in this upcoming draft (McLemore, McCollum, Carter-Williams) I assume one of them will be available with our pick with the amount of big men in this draft and we go from there. I'd like to take Carter-Williams to be honest...big point guard with great passing/penetrating abilities, then look to sign a big name to go with a young group


    In other news..... Harden is 5th in the league in scoring at 26.3 ppg (10 straight games with 25 +) while shooting just under 47%. 4.3 rebounds, 5.3 apg and 1.8 spg. Though you're right, def doesn't look like a #1 scoring option to me

    Derrick Rose's stats last year

    21.8 ppg - 3.4 rpg - 7.9 apg - .9 spg on 43.5% shooting. Shhhh don't tell anyone, but Hardens stats are better then Roses....also Chicago is still winning without Rose, just like they were when Rose got injured.

    Add to that he's only 23 years old and still another 4-5 years away from his prime. On top of that he has his team 4 games over 500 at 18-14 record. That's with players like Asik, Delfino, Lin, Parsons, Anderson around him.

    Off topic I know but I just wanted to check in on you to see how much you like that crow, since you've been eating alot of it. Also keep my quote up. I like people seeing I saw it coming well before he was a #1 option.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,549
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by macc View Post
    In other news..... Harden is 5th in the league in scoring at 26.3 ppg (10 straight games with 25 +) while shooting just under 47%. 4.3 rebounds, 5.3 apg and 1.8 spg. Though you're right, def doesn't look like a #1 scoring option to me

    Derrick Rose's stats last year

    21.8 ppg - 3.4 rpg - 7.9 apg - .9 spg on 43.5% shooting. Shhhh don't tell anyone, but Hardens stats are better then Roses....also Chicago is still winning without Rose, just like they were when Rose got injured.

    Add to that he's only 23 years old and still another 4-5 years away from his prime. On top of that he has his team 4 games over 500 at 18-14 record. That's with players like Asik, Delfino, Lin, Parsons, Anderson around him.

    Off topic I know but I just wanted to check in on you to see how much you like that crow, since you've been eating alot of it. Also keep my quote up. I like people seeing I saw it coming well before he was a #1 option.
    And Houston is still hovering around the 6-8 seed like they were last year at this same exact time.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,544
    vCash
    1500
    Rap do you like the fact that you're getting eaten up in the main forum on this exact same topic? Like I said, keep my quote up. I like seeing you look like a dumbass in here everyday.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,549
    vCash
    1500
    You said you'd take Harden over Rose, and I'm the dumbass? Right...
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,544
    vCash
    1500
    Rap just stop it. You always made it sound like Harden wasn't a #1 option and he didn't even belong in the same catagory as Rose, now that he is a #1 option and putting up better stats then Rose while leading his team to victories you're still being stubborn.

    Here's Raps quote in the main forum which he is now getting crap for by ever poster who has any type of common sense.

    The Rockets are beating bad teams and losing to good teams...lots a teams do this. He's putting up good numbers, no doubt. But he's not exactly beating good teams (and thats hard because no one is around him really) Put a guy thats lesser than he is, I still don't see them being able to compete with the big boys. Get him a player better than him, they'll be right up there. He's not a number 1 on a contending team. Have always said it, and will continue to say it

    Put that next to my quote and we'll see who gets more laughs. Btw you disappeared from the main forum.....to many people calling you out at once????

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,549
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by macc View Post
    Rap just stop it. You always made it sound like Harden wasn't a #1 option and he didn't even belong in the same catagory as Rose, now that he is a #1 option and putting up better stats then Rose while leading his team to victories you're still being stubborn.

    Here's Raps quote in the main forum which he is now getting crap for by ever poster who has any type of common sense.

    The Rockets are beating bad teams and losing to good teams...lots a teams do this. He's putting up good numbers, no doubt. But he's not exactly beating good teams (and thats hard because no one is around him really) Put a guy thats lesser than he is, I still don't see them being able to compete with the big boys. Get him a player better than him, they'll be right up there. He's not a number 1 on a contending team. Have always said it, and will continue to say it

    Put that next to my quote and we'll see who gets more laughs. Btw you disappeared from the main forum.....to many people calling you out at once????
    I went back in there, don't you worry. Elite number 1 options lead there teams to 1-2 seeds. Not 6-8 seeds, especially when the talent around you is playing lights out.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    4,344
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    We arent going to be good or have surrounding talent to bring in that Max contract. We bring in Amare, were not going to be awesome, and we'll have a top 10 pick still, most likely. We then draft a guy with potential (obviously) and hope with in 2 years he's ready to go. Then we have Vuc/Nicholson/Harkless/Draft choice with a year under his belt, and can add 1 or 2 max contracts with Amare and Jameer coming off the books. We'd have young talent to pair with Max players. If Nicholson continues to develop, I see him being a Paul Millsap type player. Which is good for us. Vuc is a 15-10 guy, Harkless looks to be a solid defender, hopefully he can get that offensive game going a bit though...take a SG or a PG in this upcoming draft (McLemore, McCollum, Carter-Williams) I assume one of them will be available with our pick with the amount of big men in this draft and we go from there. I'd like to take Carter-Williams to be honest...big point guard with great passing/penetrating abilities, then look to sign a big name to go with a young group
    We don't need to be a great team to lure a big free agent. The year after Heart and Hustle we signed Hill and T-Mac. You just need lots of money and a desirable situation. When we've had the cap space we've never had a problem at all luring free agents. Warm weather combined with no state income tax is a big draw in itself. Plus I don't see anyone that's gonna be excited to play with Amare Stoudemire. He won't be the deciding factor if someone is potentially interested in playing for us.

    There's not really any huge-impact free agents over the next couple of years that will leave their team anyway but having Amare cripples us financially and developmentally for a few more seasons. We're gonna be bad with him but not bad enough to secure a high pick. And who knows how his knees will hold up.

    I like Vuc, Nicholson and Afflalo. Not sold on Harkless yet. I think Nicholson could be a Jeff Green-type player when he was on OKC. I'd like to sign Bledsoe when Nelson expires and draft a PF this summer like Anthony Bennett of Alex Polythress or maybe Shabazz Muhammed for insurance if we trade Afflalo. Or we could even look at signing Gay, John Wall or Danny Granger if we want a star.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,544
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I went back in there, don't you worry. Elite number 1 options lead there teams to 1-2 seeds. Not 6-8 seeds, especially when the talent around you is playing lights out.


    Lol Rap you're to much man. Ok now you're going from he's not a #1 option to he's not an ELITE #1 option. You keep back peddling so much it's tough to keep up with you.

    Incase you haven't noticed, noone called him a Lebron James or a Kevin Durrant. If you're talking "elite" there are only roughly 4-5 players who can even be in that catagory. Harden isn't there yet, "maybe" one day.


    edit: Rap one more thing, if you can't even find ONE person to agree with you in the main forum, then that should tell you something.
    Last edited by macc; 01-03-2013 at 12:56 PM.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,549
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by macc View Post
    Lol Rap you're to much man. Ok now you're going from he's not a #1 option to he's not an ELITE #1 option. You keep back peddling so much it's tough to keep up with you.

    Incase you haven't noticed, noone called him a Lebron James or a Kevin Durrant. If you're talking "elite" there are only roughly 4-5 players who can even be in that catagory. Harden isn't there yet, "maybe" one day.


    edit: Rap one more thing, if you can't even find ONE person to agree with you in the main forum, then that should tell you something.
    I'm not back pedaling at all. Not even half way through the season yet, Houston will be fighting for their playoff lives come the end of the season.

    And I'm saying best player on the team. As like Dwight, Lebron, Wade, Kobe, Dirk, Rose, Durant, Melo (this year) everyone is categorizing Harden with this group of players, and he's just not one of them
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    13,777
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I'm not back pedaling at all. Not even half way through the season yet, Houston will be fighting for their playoff lives come the end of the season.

    And I'm saying best player on the team. As like Dwight, Lebron, Wade, Kobe, Dirk, Rose, Durant, Melo (this year) everyone is categorizing Harden with this group of players, and he's just not one of them
    I mean his stats definitely say different. I just feel you're thinking like that because he isn't the household name those guys are. When those guys were drafted, they had those expectations to be great players. But seeing how Harden was used as a 6th man and now a starter you wouldn't think he would be capable of this kind of performance. At least that is what I think. I would even say he's having a better year than Bryant right now. Kobe is averaging 4PPG more but he's also taking more shots than Harden. But when you look at the other stats Harden is beating Kobe in many of them.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    13,777
    vCash
    500
    The Orlando Magic were rumored to be one of the teams most likely to make a trade for Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins, according to a report from Kentucky Sports Radio, but Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel reported Monday that the report is false, and that Orlando is "not interested" in such a trade.

    Cousins, 22, fell to the Kings with the fifth pick in the 2010 NBA Draft due in large part to concerns about his maturity. Sacramento suspended him indefinitely for a confrontation he had with coach Keith Smart, whom the Kings hired in part for his ability to reach the Mobile, Alabama native. The suspension lasted only one game, but Smart held him out for another contest anyway, indicating that he may not have supported the decision to lift the suspension so soon.

    Tom Ziller of Sactown Royalty believes that a package of second-year center Nikola Vučević and rookie forward Maurice Harkless could be good enough to entice the Kings to deal Cousins to Orlando; Robbins' report indicates, however, that the Magic aren't even the slightest bit interested in Cousins. The 270-pounder owns career averages of 15.9 points, 9.6 rebounds, 2.2 assists, and 1.3 steals on 43.5 percent shooting.
    I guess they feel his character isn't worth it. But if it took Harkless and Vuc I'd definitely be all ears.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •