Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Dwight Howard Trade - Draft Picks

I know we're long past this but watching the early part of this season with the magic and other teams it got me thinking about the Dwight trade. It was the overwhelming conclusion that this was a terrible trade for the magic, and being a magic fan (don't mind the name lol) I wasn't overjoyed with it either. But I was thinking about the draft picks were getting and I am encouraged ...wanted to hear your thoughts ...we'd get

14 pick from Denver (really Knicks pick)- so this will most likely be a bottom 10 pick but we've seen hennigan pick Ibaka late in the draft ..overall nothing great

17 pick from lakers- this one is 50-50, they're a top team but with Kobe retiring soon and Dwight not committed this could be a lottery pick

15 sixers pick- this is the one I'm excited about, with Bynum dealing with injuries that could plague him and not being signed the sixers could be heading toward a rebuilding process and this could be a very valuable pick potentially top 5

I'm unsure if these picks are protected or not but any thoughts ???

vCash
    Unless a pick is a top 5-10 then it's nothing special to me. 1st round pics have always been overrated in terms of trade values. They sound better then what they are. Sure you can find a gem after the 10th pic but they are few and far between.

My fav part of the trade was getting the financial flexibility in the near future. Chances are we're going to get a top 5 pic in next years draft with the possibilty of being able to sign 1 max contract next off season or 2 max contracts in 14. Just depends in Hennigan wants to spend our extra cap now or later.

To me that is the best part of the trade. I don't care about a 17th pic we're going to get 4 years from now.

vCash
    Here's the picks.

1: The lesser of Denver's two first round picks in 2014 (theirs or the Knicks).

2: A future pick from Philly. It's confusing though. It's top 14 protected in 2015 and 2016, top 11 protected in 2017 and top 8 protected in 2018. Orlando gets a 2018 second rounder if Philly is awful forever.

3. A future pick from LA, and it will be their pick in 2017, unless LA somehow is a lottery team this year.

4. 2013 2nd rounder from Denver

5. 2015 2nd rounder from LA, unless the pick is between 31-40 (doubtful).

The Magic's best picks the next two years will in all likelihood be theirs.

vCash
    I agree our best picks will be our own , knowing that about the sixers pick is a buzz kill lol anyway trying to get some conversation going in this forum

Back to the trade i feel harkless could be a nice piece if he can develop and maybe we can add some more picks with in season trades , I know picks are a crap shoot but the more we have the better the odds of hitting

You think JJ and big baby will be on this team at end of year? I think Harrington and JJ will be our best trading pieces

vCash
    Baby might stick around. I was hoping he'd play amazing this year, or at least put up respectable ppg/rpg numbers, even if it was just from high volume. He's not a part of this team's future IMO. I'd like to see him moved too, but I'm not sure what we could get back for him.

JJ has to be traded. I love the man to death, but we shouldn't plan on re-signing him. Some team is gonna give him a lot of money (maybe 9-10 a year), we shouldn't even consider it for anything that close. He's our most valuable asset too.

Harrington needs to get back and play well. He should definitely be traded as well, and probably could have some nice value.

McBob too. I'm not upset when he plays (I see lots of Magic fans complaining on twitter). Give him minutes to strut himself and ship him off for whatever we can get.

Really, I'm all for trading anyone besides Vucevic, Nicholson and Harkless. Afflalo is fine to keep around. Nelson is iffy...depends on our cap figure next year. Davis, Redick, Moore, Turk, McBob and Ayon probably don't have a future with this team. Smith, O'Quinn and Jones don't have trade value, and they're afterthoughts to me.

It's scary, but I really think our only long-term pieces right now are Vucci, Moe and Nicholson, and they're all question marks. But bottoming out, getting high draft picks and shedding the rest of the bad contracts can turn things around in a hurry

vCash
    I don't know about JJ. It probably makes more sense to trade him, but he's a huge fan favorite ever since he's been here and now that he is better makes him even more likable. Plus I heard an interview with Rob talking about JJ and he said he is what they are looking for in terms of a player. Hard worker, stays late, focuses on all aspects of his game and he wants to play for this team. Obviously not word for word what he said, but he sounded very fond of JJ. Unless something blows him off his feet in terms of a deal, i'm unsure what happens to JJ.

vCash
    Would you want JJ back at 3 years 30 million? 4 years 36 million? I'm sure some team will offer him that.

Fan favorites are nice and all, but building a winning team isn't in anyway related to "fan favorites".

He's gotta go, unfortunately.

vCash
    I think we try to get rid of Redick, but we're not gonna just give him away. If anything, his contract isn't guaranteed. We need to rid ourselves of Big Baby and Harrington immediately. They are not at all in the plan moving forward and hopefully some contender doesn't mind trading young pieces/draft picks for either.

Idk about Nelson though. He seems to be a fan favorite. I'm not in love with him but I don't see any other options at this point. If we can find one in the draft between the next 2 seasons, maybe Jameer can mentor him.

Harkless and Vucevic are complete unknowns at this point. While some are quick to anoint them as saviors, the jury is still out for me. And while I like Afflalo, I'm secretly hoping we land Shabazz Muhammed this summer
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash

JJ should stay

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Would you want JJ back at 3 years 30 million? 4 years 36 million? I'm sure some team will offer him that.

Fan favorites are nice and all, but building a winning team isn't in anyway related to "fan favorites".

JJ is a special player to me, hes a fan favorite for a reason. He wants to be here, he has exceptional work ethic, and does not shy away from the big moment. Its hard to replace a player like that. Right now hes averaging 14pts and 5 asts in 10 games basically off the bench. I can almost say without hesitation those numbers will increase. maybe 17pts and 7. He is the only guy on the team right now besides nelson and possibly ish who can confidently spread the ball around the team.I like Moore but he still needs some work on spreading the ball around. Redick wants to be in
    Orlando and we might even owe him a contract like that for his loyalty every year he has gotten better. Do I think he has superstar status of course not but if he keeps getting better on defense who can say he wont be as valuable as Rip Hamilton was to Detroit.

JJ is a pure shooter those are hard to find. There are too many chuckers in the NBA. And not enough shooters JJ is a guy we can count on even if his shot is off he still tries to do other things to make the team better. Unless hes packaged in a deal to get some kind of star I believe it would be a mistake getting rid of him.

vCash
    On another note people need to stop calling the Dwight Howard trade horrible it was the best deal on the table. The rockets wouldn't have taken all of our big contracts and unless we got parsons that trade was bust. Bynum would have been nice but look where he is now still injured and on the Sixers bench and not for nothing wed be in the same position trying to convince a immature great center to stay in Orlando. and did you really want to pay Brook Lopez 4 years 60 mill. I like brook but not for 15 mill a year. Yes the trade wasnt ideal but long term it worked out the best. We have guys now that actually want to be part of Orlando. Afflao was quote excited about joining Orlando. Give this team a couple of years before we judge them. Its all about patience its all we can do at this point. I like this team, obviously I would like to be wining but its nice to focus on the team and not one player this year.

vCash

I'm sorry I can't see any team throwing that kind of money at JJ. Who even has the cap space to pay that to a 6th man type possible starter. I can see jJ resigning in Orlando next season if he's not traded with a 4 year 24mil contract max. Henny won't overpay him. We need to get rid of this girlfriend mentality of "they might leave, so get something back"... That kind if attitude is what continuously gets us in these messes. When trying to make a team and attract players you have to approach it with the mindset that were going to win if said player wants to be here this is the deal on the table. What could we possibly get back for JJ that makes it worth it let alone killing any chance of keeping a good role player and ticket seller by shipping him out mid season. A late first rounder or second site isn't worth it. Let him play it out geeze the guy is saying all the right things and WANTS to be HERE! You need players like that on teams to attract players

NO KOOL-AID ZONE

vCash

I don't know if he would be getting 10M a year, but everyone is overpaid nowadays.

We'll see, I can be right, or you can be as right as you were about your Q-Rich assumption.

vCash
    Baby might stick around. I was hoping he'd play amazing this year, or at least put up respectable ppg/rpg numbers, even if it was just from high volume. He's not a part of this team's future IMO. I'd like to see him moved too, but I'm not sure what we could get back for him.

JJ has to be traded. I love the man to death, but we shouldn't plan on re-signing him. Some team is gonna give him a lot of money (maybe 9-10 a year), we shouldn't even consider it for anything that close. He's our most valuable asset too.

Harrington needs to get back and play well. He should definitely be traded as well, and probably could have some nice value.

McBob too. I'm not upset when he plays (I see lots of Magic fans complaining on twitter). Give him minutes to strut himself and ship him off for whatever we can get.

Really, I'm all for trading anyone besides Vucevic, Nicholson and Harkless. Afflalo is fine to keep around. Nelson is iffy...depends on our cap figure next year. Davis, Redick, Moore, Turk, McBob and Ayon probably don't have a future with this team. Smith, O'Quinn and Jones don't have trade value, and they're afterthoughts to me.

It's scary, but I really think our only long-term pieces right now are Vucci, Moe and Nicholson, and they're all question marks. But bottoming out, getting high draft picks and shedding the rest of the bad contracts can turn things around in a hurry
    Redick has to be traded. I could see some teams giving up some young pieces or draft picks for him.

Trade Big Baby for Gortat

Moe Harkless, Vucevic, Nicholson are good pieces to have. Need to get the stars around those guys though. Nicholson could be a good piece off he bench if we can get a stud PF and hopefully we can land a stud SG and then have Afflalo as a trade asset as well. Were in very good shape at the moment. Just need to players to develop
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Redick has to be traded. I could see some teams giving up some young pieces or draft picks for him.

Trade Big Baby for Gortat

Moe Harkless, Vucevic, Nicholson are good pieces to have. Need to get the stars around those guys though. Nicholson could be a good piece off he bench if we can get a stud PF and hopefully we can land a stud SG and then have Afflalo as a trade asset as well. Were in very good shape at the moment. Just need to players to develop
    I'd rather see us land a stud PG like Bledose or even Calderon rather than a SG through free agency or trades. SG are a dime a dozen, especially if we're in a position to take Shabazz Muhammad Plus Jrue Holiday and Eric Maynor will be restricted, so who knows what'll happen.

I won't comment on Harkless or Nicholson because I don't want to open up yet another can of worms, but I do like Vucevic moving forward as long as we have a banger at the 4 like Greg Monroe, Zach Randolph or Paul Milsap.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    I'd rather see us land a stud PG like Bledose or even Calderon rather than a SG through free agency or trades. SG are a dime a dozen, especially if we're in a position to take Shabazz Muhammad Plus Jrue Holiday and Eric Maynor will be restricted, so who knows what'll happen.

I won't comment on Harkless or Nicholson because I don't want to open up yet another can of worms, but I do like Vucevic moving forward as long as we have a banger at the 4 like Greg Monroe, Zach Randolph or Paul Milsap.
    Everything we have on this team right now is a complimentary piece. Nothing to build around
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast