Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    skiles is not better then corbin. players hate skiles which is why he can't keep a job

vCash
    He lost this job, because the Bucks offered him a long term, and he said no, so they fired him. And the bucks have Ellis and he bought into Skiles system, and Monta is a down right chucker. That says something, not to mention Skiles is great on defense, and think of what he would do with Favors.

So yes, Skiles is much better than Corbin
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumba View Post
    Scott Skiles anyone?
    Maybe as an assistant.

vCash
    He lost this job, because the Bucks offered him a long term, and he said no, so they fired him. And the bucks have Ellis and he bought into Skiles system, and Monta is a down right chucker. That says something, not to mention Skiles is great on defense, and think of what he would do with Favors.

So yes, Skiles is much better than Corbin
    and his teams have are some of the worst offensive teams in the league and really his teams defensive numbers are inflated because his teams play at such a slow pace

vCash
    We can agree to disagree Jumba. I think Corbin is doing a terrific job. If this team were playing like a doormat I'd get your argument but they've played more road games than most of the west; the obvious exceptions being SA and Denver.

Let's take a quick walk down memory lane for a moment. Having watched Sloan's teams for roughly two decades you could see the Jazz start slow in seasons where there was a lot of roster turnover. It usually took them a few months to gel. This season has been impressive to me because the Jazz have played something like 22 of their first 37ish games on the road, have a better than .500 record, and are doing it despite the lack of true elder statesmen and in the face of a dramatic roster turnover. There is no John (Pasty Gangsta) Stockton or Karl (DirtyBastard) Malone to take charge, the majority of the talent is still in diapers and nearly a third of the team is new.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    I get what your saying HotRod, and I know the Jazz havent been given the gift of a nice schedule. It's just hard to see a team with this talent lose not because of a lack of talent or gelling (in my opinion) but because of a ****** rotations, a coach that doesn't play offensive/defensive lineups just goes with the same story every game and situation, and a coach that is too intimidated to not play vets. This isnt a case with Sloan, where young guys were brought in really slow. Corbin is personally curbing Favors development by not finding him more min. Granted, lately favors has been getting more, but his min this year are less than last year. Thats unaccepted.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Hotrod and Jumba, you guys got good points. I think we could be doing much better if Corbin had better rotations for certain situations. I want to see more Millsap, Favors, and Jefferson on the floor against certain teams that don't have a good SF.

vCash
    I feel like Corbin gave that lineup up when we lost to the spurs.... but thats just the spurs. Prior to that series, we were destroying teams, and doing well in games that were close to winning. Is that a bruise to Corbin to even think of trying that again?

But I cant ***** too much, Corbin finally realized that Burks has PG potential
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    he tried quite a bit to start this season and it was terrible

vCash
    I get what your saying HotRod, and I know the Jazz havent been given the gift of a nice schedule. It's just hard to see a team with this talent lose not because of a lack of talent or gelling (in my opinion) but because of a ****** rotations, a coach that doesn't play offensive/defensive lineups just goes with the same story every game and situation, and a coach that is too intimidated to not play vets. This isnt a case with Sloan, where young guys were brought in really slow. Corbin is personally curbing Favors development by not finding him more min. Granted, lately favors has been getting more, but his min this year are less than last year. Thats unaccepted.
    Jumba is spot on here.

vCash
    Corbin has the support of the organization. FO need to move out Al and Paul. Jumba this team just doesnt have the talent to be where you want them,

Big hole at PG even with MO healthy

no top tier wing players (except Gordon MIGHT be turning the corner into that)

Move the logjam on down the line and give the reings to Enes and Derrick NOW

Burks
    Hayward
    Carroll
    Favors
    Kanter

I want to see these guys play right now but its unrealistic to put this on the Head Coach
    HAS TO BE DONE THROUGH TRADE

NEEDS TO BE DONE NOW!!
    Hi There

JAZZ / UTES / LIONS / REDWINGS / TIGERS / ALL-BLACKS

vCash
    If anything, I still see the only true moveable asset that the Jazz should just try to dump anywhere, even if it's draft picks and a bad expiring is Al Jefferson. I feel that Paul can accept coming off the bench, and when he does, he can extend his prime out longer doing so (have you seen the amount of wounds just this season Millsap has had? ha sheesh).

Having Al gone opens the C position for Favors, while continuing to start Millsap, then transitioning Kanter at C, and Favors playing PF with Millsap off the bench to support Favors. We would need another back up C. But thats not a major pecking order move just yet, when we really need is a ****ing PG
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Oh come on, Corbin is muccch better than freaking Skiles. The guy isn't liked everywhere he goes and makes the playoffs once in a tenure with a team.

Unless we can get Phil Jackson or Flip Saunders, Corbin is our best option.

vCash
    Totally forgot about Flip.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345