Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Did the same with Millsap last night, shoulda used Millsaps hot hand to push the game out further.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Corbin is just finally getting it, I hope they continue the type of play.

When you got a team with such an amazing bench, and such a non-spectacular starters, you don't do what other teams would do.

Hayward, Kanter and Favors are so talented, that you give them minutes and they go in and do great things. Burks is behind them, cause he doesn't get good minutes(20 minimum). You FREE BURKS, and were talking so much potential that we need.

Now that Corbin was doing bad anyways, I think he was finally willing to change things up, and fix his rotations. However, he is not Sloan, you can't just bring in the same guy at the same time every game for 20 years, like Stockton's 5 min sub. You can just make a plan before game and follow it. You have to watch the game like its a video game, and play the right guys at the right time.

After hearing what the Jazz talked about before Minnesota, they seem to finally get it. Its like it took lots of losing to finally get it, which should have been learned over a month ago.

Which is strong defense from 0:01 to 48:00. You come out tough, and you play every minute like the last play of a playoff(that includes great court vision and knowing where the ball is at all times). They got that.
    Then, pass the ball till you get someone an open shot, and if your the one with the ball you don't hesitate to shoot(like what watson would do) or to drive the paint, you either go for the nice shot/drive, or pass the ball to someone who you think can get a better shot(this includes opening them up.(they need to be confident at shooting).

I prefer they do plays to get in the paint, not settle for the outside jump shots(all the time). Al is a good back up guy, like a last resort. Like pass him the ball if under 10 secs, then send guys to run back to set the defense, while Al does his thing.

Each player finally came out doing what they were suppose to do defensibly. We won because of Defense. Against a MINN who makes all those 3's and FG% @50%, we would have barely won by 1.5pts(like the spread said).

I like watching other Centers, cause they do better defensively(which Al lack's in). I think Favors and Kanter make better defensive Center's than Al, but he might be learning something from them. Al still did ok on offense, which all three do good at. He just can't seem to play as a team as good as Favors or Kanter can.
    All great things come to an end...even in basketball -Me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumba View Post
    Did the same with Millsap last night, shoulda used Millsaps hot hand to push the game out further.
    Make up your mind! (Not you personally but jazz fans as a whole.) He gets criticized for not playing favors more and as soon as he does he still gets crap for it. Millsap was shooting well be he wasn't rebounding (0 for the night).

I think one of Corbin's problems is that he has little experience himself and didn't add any on his staff. Even Sloan had a former coach of the year next to him. Maybe he wasn't given a budget to hire better help.
    Last edited by Woodrow; 01-03-2013 at 09:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    Make up your mind! (Not you personally but jazz fans as a whole.) He gets criticized for not playing favors more and as soon as he does he still gets crap for it. Millsap was shooting well be he wasn't rebounding (0 for the night).

I think one of Corbin's problems is that he has little experience himself and didn't add any on his staff. Even Sloan had a former coach of the year next to him. Maybe he wasn't given a budget to hire better help.
    Sidney Lowe isn't terrible. I mean his college record is nice even short, but his NBA head coach record is terrible. Not exactly coach of the year material.
    The one thing he does have is experience. Either way, I don't mind him as assistant but rather have guys with better experience.

Jeff Hornacek if anyone, knows what Jazz basketball is, and was a great player on this Jazz team(he is the only one other than malone or stockton, who I would want on this staff).
    I would die if Jeff is not on the staff. I mean he is apart of this team and I can't imagine it without him. I just hope he is built up to be our future coach!

You'd think Corbin would learn everything after all those years as Jerry's assistant. I mean he won't last long, and will likely move onto other positions around the league. I will put all my confidence in Jeff, especially if surrounded by some better assistants.

Why did Phil Johnson have to leave also? We could have used him, I always thought he would take the reins when Jerry got too old(childhood ideas long lost). I mean you don't stay with your captain as he sinks with his ship. You live on to grow his legacy as you become the next captain of a new ship(with the same name in this).

vCash
    I actually like the idea of adding Phil Johnson. He's an analyst on root sports, and he's clearly around the Jazz a lot. I dont see anything wrong with pulling him back in. Maybe luring Jerry Sloan to be an assistant coach with Phil. Doesnt have to travel as much with the team, and still gets his fix of basketball while coaching and mentoring Phil.

I'm not crazy right?
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumba View Post
    I actually like the idea of adding Phil Johnson. He's an analyst on root sports, and he's clearly around the Jazz a lot. I dont see anything wrong with pulling him back in. Maybe luring Jerry Sloan to be an assistant coach with Phil. Doesnt have to travel as much with the team, and still gets his fix of basketball while coaching and mentoring Phil.

I'm not crazy right?
    NO. I kept seeing Phil with Big T, and Alema, and I was like, dude, this guy resigned with Sloan, yet still hangs around doing dumb work like talking about the game, when he was the best option for coaching after Sloan. I mean he has been Sloans right hand man for years. Corbin obviously hasn't learned much from Sloan.

Also why can't Sloan get paid to be a "team consultant", where he pretty much tells Corbin what to do, via phone. That way Sloan can hang out fishing with Malone, while Corbin plays puppet. Or just help him learn how to be the next sloan.

Phil, should at least be an assisstant next to Corbin. I mean they were Sloan's assisstants for years. Corbin wouldn't have gotten the job if Phil left. Scott Layden wouldn't be bad, but I don't know what happened to him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanStorm View Post
    NO. I kept seeing Phil with Big T, and Alema, and I was like, dude, this guy resigned with Sloan, yet still hangs around doing dumb work like talking about the game, when he was the best option for coaching after Sloan. I mean he has been Sloans right hand man for years. Corbin obviously hasn't learned much from Sloan.

Also why can't Sloan get paid to be a "team consultant", where he pretty much tells Corbin what to do, via phone. That way Sloan can hang out fishing with Malone, while Corbin plays puppet. Or just help him learn how to be the next sloan.

Phil, should at least be an assisstant next to Corbin. I mean they were Sloan's assisstants for years. Corbin wouldn't have gotten the job if Phil left. Scott Layden wouldn't be bad, but I don't know what happened to him!
    So wait, whats your reasons for Phil not to coach? Please list reasons other than the blanently obvious. Sometimes man, I think you post just to see yourself write ****. I honestly have no idea what point was made here, other than you admitting Corbin cant coach, (by saying Sloan can make Corbin his puppet) and Scott Layden (who I think is a poor coach) should be the actual head coach.

So I'll ask again, whats wrong with Phil?
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanStorm View Post

Why are you so sure that doesn't already happen? You seem to forget that Sloan had a solid roster in place when he took over and it took ten more years before he made it to the finals. How many first round exits in that time? Corbin's only season as head coach so far resulted in a playoff entrance with no all stars on his team and locker room problems.

vCash
    My take on corbin is he is a decent coach who is a bit insecure . But to me he fact is we need to draft or trade for a superstar. The hammer will fall soon. Young guys are ready hayward is in play
    Hi There

JAZZ / UTES / LIONS / REDWINGS / TIGERS / ALL-BLACKS

vCash
    What makes you guys think Phil Johnson will come back? He resigned with Sloan, and was pretty adamant about that. He did not want to be coaching a team without Sloan on the sidelines. I'm pretty sure he hasn't changed his mind or else he'd be on the sidelines already. KOC was almost as torn up about Phil leaving as he was about Sloan.

"I know one thing for sure; you won't be able to say that Braves fans don't care" Chipper Jones

vCash
    Theres no merit to it, just an idea. And like I suggested, if you could get Phil to be head with Jerry as an assistant, you could feed both of their loves together.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Will4Prez View Post
    What makes you guys think Phil Johnson will come back? He resigned with Sloan, and was pretty adamant about that. He did not want to be coaching a team without Sloan on the sidelines. I'm pretty sure he hasn't changed his mind or else he'd be on the sidelines already. KOC was almost as torn up about Phil leaving as he was about Sloan.
    At least you understand what I was talking about. Outside of Phil's "emotions", Phil would have been the new Coach in the event of Sloan quitting for whatever reason.

However, instead of working on the staff, he is a commentator, which is a noble job for someone who can't do what they did, like Big T, who is too old to play.
    Honestly I never had a problem with Corbin and didn't know there was a problem till I saw the countless Corbin hater threads.

^^The point I was making earlier, and surprised that anyone even reads anything in these dead threads, is, if Sloan and Phil still love this organization which they do, and Sloan just doesn't want to travel cause he is getting older and wants to be with family..then why can't he help us in one way or another, why can't he be a consultant, or is that too insulting to ask of such a career he had.

I mean Phil doesn't help cause he is too loyal to Sloan(his analysis during games is amazingly good, he is awesome), yet Sloan and Phil are sitting around, with skills the Jazz could really use, hell any NBA team could use their skills. I know its tough doing the road schedule, but how come Sloan can't be the GM or do something. I mean come on.

Its like Phil Jackson, he is just waiting for LA to come begging on their knees...while his #1 talent is being wasted. I mean Jackson could turn the Nets or Jazz into a Finals team, while his team is crumbling to nothing.
    Last edited by RyanStorm; 01-07-2013 at 03:50 PM.

vCash
    Corbin doesn't seem to recognize a mismatch on offense. When a midget is guarding a big man we can't get the ball in the post.

vCash
    I think Corbin has like a 5 min coaching reaction time. Every defensive/offensive strat takes about 5 min to actually establish. Same goes for his ****** lineup and rotations.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Scott Skiles anyone?
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast