Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Jumba, hats off for looking up stats on Derek and how he scores in games that Al doesn't play. That said, (and I'm simply too lazy to look it up) what impact did that arrangement have on the W-L record, and the Jazz scoring O and D as a comparison against the typical averages when Al played the remainder of the season.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    I'm not sure how much time I have today to look up those splits. But from I've seen, when Al does good, Favors has a subpar game. And when Favors does good (with Al's absence) Millsap has averaged a double double.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Pretty much what I have been thinking is correct.

Our bench would put up better numbers with better minutes. You give our bench 30+ mins, all of them would be way more consistent than our starters.

Lets ask this question:

If given the minutes could all our bench(Hayward, Favors, Kanter, Burks, and Watson(he doesn't count)), could they put up as big of numbers(as our starters) on a consistent nightly basis?

If yes or no, Could all of our starters(Big Al, Paul, Marv, Foye, and Tinsley(he doesn't count cause we already know), could they put up as good of numbers as our bench, if given the minutes that the current bench has been getting?!? Which is roughly 15-20 minutes?!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumba View Post
    Al is becoming what he was on the T-Wolves, an offensive blackhole. How is it when Al is down with an injury and misses a game, and Favors comes in a starts, we win, have great ball movement, it's fun, and we look like a whole different team?
    I agree. We are best when we run and make the extra pass. When Al holds the ball the offense looses its flow and the other players become spectators. It's hard to get a offensive rebound when you just stand around and wait for Al to shoot. I have defended Al on PSD for too long. It's time to make a change. Coach either needs to get the ball movement back or we need to deal Al. The entire league is moving to more of an uptempo game. Our high elevation is a nice compliment to a running team. We need Favors patrolling the paint not guarding stretch 4's on the perimeter. We need to improve defensively and we need better guard play. Moving Al solves a lot of these problems. I like Al, but we will never be a contender with him at the center. Corbin and Jefferson are a bad combination together. One of them needs to get the boot.

vCash
    How come the movement is so awesome with Kanter but not Al? If Al was so great then how come he can't do as good as Kanter as far as working with the squad?

I defended Al as being a great center, but after analyzing his game against Kanter, I have came to the conclusion that the starters would be better with Kanter...I mean right now! and there is proof.

Kanter's first start was versus Raptors. He put up 18 points, 1 block and 8 rebounds in 35 mins, and we spanked this **** out of them raptors...big time...the flow was awesome! He also had 18pts and 7 rebounds versus OKC with only 15 minutes!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa16CQUocT8

The lineups you see in this video are so awesome! PS. Al is out and Paul was out with foul trouble.

vCash
    I'm starting to think we are stealth tanking. We showcase the vets, gather the losses, and end up with a lotto pick and the warrior pick. We trade for point guard depth, and start the youth movement. I really dont want to give up on this season like that, even if it might get us a nice pick.

vCash
    no point in tanking for this draft like seriously its really bad.

vCash
    Isn't there only one great PG, with maybe a a few others down the line? Like the draft k-mart came out of....he is #1, then the rest are unheard of.
    All great things come to an end...even in basketball -Me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanStorm View Post
    Isn't there only one great PG, with maybe a a few others down the line? Like the draft k-mart came out of....he is #1, then the rest are unheard of.
    There are 3 PG's that I wouldn't mind in this draft.
    Marcus Smart wouldn't be too bad, and CJ McCollum reminds me a lot of Damian Lillard, but my favorite has to be Michael Carter-Williams. He's a 6'6" pass-first point guard with great defense and good rebounding ability. I love the matchup nightmares for other teams if we eventually could start a 6'6" PG along with a 6'8" SG (Hayward.) Add Favors to the mix and that's a formidable defensive lineup.

All three of these could go in the top 10, though, but I wouldn't mind trading both our picks to get any of them.

vCash
    Yeah Carter-Williams is the one I was talking about. I just know there wasn't much left after him compared to what they have in big men(which are a dime a dozen in comparison).

I haven't checked his positions lately, but I think most teams will go after the big men. I don't think we can get a good first round pick in a trade(or if we would bother). If we don't, we got a 14th overall spot, and I think he will be gone by then, current mock's show he will be gone by 10th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumba View Post
    Dude, you've accepted mediocrity. Foye is a streak shooter that is one of the most frustrating players to watch. And you say MIllsap doesnt care, maybe his body expression is he knows this team is better, and yet we're losing. No way can you pin our more recent loses on the team, when it's clearly the ******** rotations.

And talk about not caring. Big Al's reach last night, however ********, he should have known not to reach, and what does he honestly think, Big Al's going to poke the ball away from Chris ****ing Paul? And he knew the ref's were calling it tight (especially over the NBA's love child Chris Paul) so why even reach?

And please explain to me why Big Al had less than 10 points against the Orlando Magic that was without Big Baby Davis? You really think the collective power of Vuvecvic and Ayon is enough to stop Big Al? Oh wait, they did.

Take your rose colored classes off. Corbin has been boning this team. If we had an experienced coach, we would be winning with OUR TALENTED team.
    We are simply not that talented. And can we all please stop with this Millsap vs Al ****. Its getting really old and it really doesn't matter b/c neither is a game changer.

Could coaching be better? Certainly. Do I think it's coaching more than players? No. We do not in any way shape or form have a talented roster. We may have a fairly deep roster but there isn't much talent at the top and it's that talent at the top that really is the difference. Nobody on our team is an All-Star caliber player. I really don't think it's fair to judge what Corbin is doing with this team. I would like a new coach but if he's not fired it's not going to bother me b/c this team isn't going anywhere no matter who's coaching it.

Rippin' lips son!!

vCash
    I think if he had a more talented coach we could get some of these close game wins. Just better rotations, actual substitutions. This isnt a pipe dream I hope.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Coaching is a big factor, but it isn't the first place you should go to fix things. I mean LAL and Nets did this, but I don't think it gave them the results they wanted. They fired the coach and thought things would become amazing.

We just need guys who want to be here and will do whatever it takes. We have a stockpile of great draft picks, so I think we should just continue to get more.

Our market isn't LA or NY, we can't get guys like they can. Our best bet is getting the next "LeBron" in the draft. I mean Lillard would have been a definite team changer.

Can someone tell me which draft picks we get in 2013? I thought we had 4 draft picks, 1 from GS in early 1st, our own early 1st first round, and 2 in the 2nd round?

vCash
    The one thing about corbin that ticks me off is that when Kanter has gone 4-4 or 6-6 like he has in some games this year, he doesn't leave him in. He takes the hot hand out and that is what sloan did also.

Warriors come out and Ta-ank.

vCash
    I read that we got a 14th and 15th overall pick(one from GS who isn't going to be getting a top 7 this year(which they bombed the season last year for)).

This other place says we have a 25th and 43rd overall picks also.

I am guessing we get a top 15 from GS, are own pick between 15-25, and a third pick in the 2nd round.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast