Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hornacek would be interesting but I would take Corbin over many of the others. I want to think that there is a bigger plan out there, like a trade looming so you show case the vets or maybe just teaching our young guys on the bench to get win hungry and that they have to play hard to earn minutes, so when that trade does happen we have guys ready to take on the load.............. I don't know. I'm a huge Jazz Homer but watching our bench our play our starters game after game even I'm coming around to say that we need a line up change........

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

vCash
    yes, i think i agree with ironman's coaching opinion the most. what i think happened was we hit a rough stretch early on in our slump and corbin didn't know if he needed to shake things up a bit, or let them play through it. so he let them play through it (which is why hayward STILL isn't starting). then mo went down, and he just plugged-and-played and we are where we are. i think it's been a while since an all-around good game from more than 2-3 players, so we should start thinking seriously about starting hayward, and favors, and carroll, and anyone else who has been more-or-less consistent.

my bottom-line is i do think coaching is mostly the issue, but not because corbin sucks or is not cut out for the job, but because he's still very wet behind the ears.

worst case scenario, we keep corbin and suck terribly for the rest of the season and we sell the team because jazz fans are not used to terrible consistent play. over-reaction, sure, but it's still remotely possible.

oh, jumba, i apologize if i stepped on your toes making the 'fire corbin poll'... i didn't mean to steal your thunder or anything. you're still the ring-leader, in my book
    Last edited by chipurmunki; 12-29-2012 at 08:13 PM.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    yes, i think i agree with ironman's coaching opinion the most. what i think happened was we hit a rough stretch early on in our slump and corbin didn't know if he needed to shake things up a bit, or let them play through it. so he let them play through it (which is why hayward STILL isn't starting). then mo went down, and he just plugged-and-played and we are where we are. i think it's been a while since an all-around good game from more than 2-3 players, so we should start thinking seriously about starting hayward, and favors, and carroll, and anyone else who has been more-or-less consistent.

my bottom-line is i do think coaching is mostly the issue, but not because corbin sucks or is not cut out for the job, but because he's still very wet behind the ears.

worst case scenario, we keep corbin and suck terribly for the rest of the season and we sell the team because jazz fans are not used to terrible consistent play. over-reaction, sure, but it's still remotely possible.
    Thats truly what I'm afraid of. Utah doesnt have the luxury of sucking for a long time. And granted, I like Corbin. But the dude knows squat on rotations (unless there truly is a bigger plan).

We could have won last nights game if he brought the bench in earlier in the 3rd quarter. We had a 19 point lead slowly fall to 5 in a 5 min stretch where the clippers went on a 12-0 run. I think he's afraid to piss off the vets. Even Harpring said last night that Favors is playing less min this year than he did last year. Thats not the right direction.

As for coaching, Vaughn is the coach of the Magic now. I would love JVG, Nate McMillian, or even if we could pull Mo Cheeks off the bench of the Thunder staff. All three coaches have an identity, and have playoff experience beyond the first round.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    oooo mo cheeks. forgot about him. what about that lady vol coach that retired recently?
    Last edited by chipurmunki; 12-29-2012 at 08:45 PM.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    I think the front office needs to make things easier for corbin and trade one of millsap or jefferson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I think the front office needs to make things easier for corbin and trade one of millsap or jefferson
    This. My pipe dream is millsap and a pick for kemba walker.

vCash
    I made an analysis about the Al/Paul thing in the playoff probability thread. I flat out think Al doesn't let Paul do his job. How much do you see Paul get an assist point, or given the ball to work the paint?

Al just makes it hard for Millsap to work. Favors is working with Kanter and his shining. I would like to see Millsap play with kanter, who isn't the same Center as Big Al.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumba View Post
    As for coaching, Vaughn is the coach of the Magic now. I would love JVG, Nate McMillian, or even if we could pull Mo Cheeks off the bench of the Thunder staff. All three coaches have an identity, and have playoff experience beyond the first round.
    Not a fan of what Mo Cheeks did during his stint with Philly, but McMillan or JVG would be good candidates. SVG is a somewhat intriguing option, he's got experience with skilled bigs and 3pt shooters, and knows how to cause match-up problems for other teams. Our chances at getting JVG seem slim to none, but McMillan and SVG are reasonable. 3 potentially good coaches. I'm not jumping on the fire Corbin bandwagon just yet, but i like considering possibilities.

"I know one thing for sure; you won't be able to say that Braves fans don't care" Chipper Jones

vCash
    I agree that Corbin's rotations suck. He is obviously afraid to piss off the veteran players. We may need someone else, but this organization is loyal to a fault and will give him the rest of the season. We are going nowhere fast without Mo.

vCash
    I think Chris Paul was more likely to make 1 free throw out of 2, then to have to shoot a shot as the time runs out. Especially when he has 3 seconds left around the 3pt line.

Al's foul was the stupidest thing I have ever seen. I would have only fouled if I were up by 3, not when your tied! Its better to go into OT, then to foul so that you have to score again, just to tie it anyway and go into OT(or shoot a big 3pt winner). Besides for that, Jazz fouled several times with out ripping their arms off, giving them several easy 3 point plays out of layups that were solid. Foye should have also not tried to get the foul, and no one helped him....where the HELL was a screen?!?

I do think Corbin's mistake was not putting Favors in. I have said this in my player analysis, but I will say it again. Big Al tries to do everyone's job and alienates everyone because the only reason your doing someones job is becasue you don't think they can do it or you think you can do it better! Why the hell was Al at the 3pt area covering Chris Paul anyway!?! He should have been guarding the paint to keep him from an easy layup or passing for an easy dunk.

Honestly I would get rid of Al over Paul. I have just analyzed Al's playing, and I think he is the cause for many problems and I am beginning to not like him as much. I watch his videos and he is so passive aggresive. He wants to be team leader/scorer but doesn't want to call out that he was the problem.
    Last edited by RyanStorm; 12-30-2012 at 03:38 PM.

vCash
    Al is becoming what he was on the T-Wolves, an offensive blackhole. How is it when Al is down with an injury and misses a game, and Favors comes in a starts, we win, have great ball movement, it's fun, and we look like a whole different team?
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    I know all this is just speculation for fun, but the Jazz are in no position to start making sweeping changes, and if they were they would have little advantage to leverage to increase their ability.

The team is setup for a good return on developing young talent. To change things up just eliminates the chance to recoup that return.

As for changing out the coach, who are you going to hire? Can the Jazz afford a top line coach? And if you had the money to hire a top coach, would they come to Utah to coach a team without a single top line player?

Let's face it, until the NBA handles contracts and the salary cap the way the NFL does there is almost no chance that the Jazz can compete on a level field with the haves of the NBA.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumba View Post
    Al is becoming what he was on the T-Wolves, an offensive blackhole. How is it when Al is down with an injury and misses a game, and Favors comes in a starts, we win, have great ball movement, it's fun, and we look like a whole different team?
    cause we played the raptors

vCash
    Last year we played the nuggets without Al and demolished them. Favors had 20/10 again. Look up every time Favors starts without Al playing and see how well the Jazz do.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/splits...derrick-favors

Last year as Starting center in 5 games Favors averaged: 15.8 ppg 11.2rpg on .517% getting 34 min.

Last year when he started against the Magic we won (that was with Howard still on the team) = 16pts 11rbs

Started against Philly = 20pts 11rbs

Toronto = 16pts 12 rbs

Golden State = 23 pts 17rbs

Portland = 11pts 11rbs

All of those are wins EXCEPT the Toronto one. And all of those he averages a double double. Hmm.. seems like scoring and his effectiveness doest have an effect on the Jazz team.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast