Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Fire Corbin bandwagon

Before I start, I want to say I really like Corbin as a basketball mind, but he is NOT cut to be a head coach. If it were a perfect world, I would love for him to resume his duties as a assistant coach. But truth of the matter, we dont have time for him to develop as a confident coach.

His rotations are face palm worthy, he's too afraid to play hot hands, and lives and dies by his rotations. Why is it that our bench is better than our starters? And yet he doesn't recognize it.

So count me as the band leader of the fire Corbin bandwagon
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Also saw this in the main forum, about the plus/minus of our beloved Randy Foye:

http://hoopspeak.com/2012/12/utahs-lineup-madness/

Great read, and really makes you convinced our coach is the problem.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    i've been saying both things since the season starts, fire Corbin and do not play Foye. you don't change things when they got out of control, you change when things are out of track. thats the difference between the Nets and the Jazz, and defines what team you going to build. hopefully Jazz management realize this sooner than later.

vCash
    That was definitely a good read. One of the main reasons they play Foye is because of his 3 point shooting... the reason they need 3 point shooting is to help Jefferson not get double and tripple teamed... the reason they want to keep Jefferson from getting double teamed is because that is their entire offense.

I personally would love to see Hayward play the point (yes you heard me right). There has been tall PGs in the past. What I love about him is he pushes the pace, he is always pushing the ball. He is amazing at getting into the paint with his quickness and ball skills, and he is tall enough that he can see the whole court and make a good pass. Granted, he makes alot of mistakes right now, but that is because the team isn't used to keeping up with him so he is down there alone alot. Also, he doesn't get as much playing time as he should, so I think he forces shots a little.

So give him a chance to bring the ball up and start the offense and I think we would be a much better team

vCash
    Just wanted to post to add a vote to fire Corbin.

vCash
    I would be totally down for a Hayward at point. Though I dont think he could be our constant starter. But, I think for time periods it would throw the defense off.

But sadly, no one will ever try it because we have to stroke all the starters ego's
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Fire Corbin and bring back Sloan?

vCash
    The problem is Paul and Marvin play like they want the other team to win.

Its not as easy to just say, oh these guys need to be traded now. I am sure they are scouting who they can get for Paul, but for now were stuck with him.

Foye's performance tonight was amazing. I wish he could be this good every night. I mean I was hoping for at least 10. 15 a game from him would be great.

The leadership in Tinsley was great. Burks is shining. I mean are bench was amazing, we outbeat the best bench in the game and even faced the starters in the best team in the nba.

We just don't have all star type players in Utah, so we don't have two guys who are putting 20+ a night, if we do its usually Al with a random player. I mean you don't fire the coach just because the players aren't doing good. Which is what it really comes down to.

I am all for getting different players, but I don't thinking firing Corbin would help, it would only make things worst.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanStorm View Post
    The problem is Paul and Marvin play like they want the other team to win.

Its not as easy to just say, oh these guys need to be traded now. I am sure they are scouting who they can get for Paul, but for now were stuck with him.

Foye's performance tonight was amazing. I wish he could be this good every night. I mean I was hoping for at least 10. 15 a game from him would be great.

The leadership in Tinsley was great. Burks is shining. I mean are bench was amazing, we outbeat the best bench in the game and even faced the starters in the best team in the nba.

We just don't have all star type players in Utah, so we don't have two guys who are putting 20+ a night, if we do its usually Al with a random player. I mean you don't fire the coach just because the players aren't doing good. Which is what it really comes down to.

I am all for getting different players, but I don't thinking firing Corbin would help, it would only make things worst.
    You cant be serious? You know what bad coaching is? You dont start a streak shooter. You bring streak shooters off your bench, especially the caliber of streak shotoer we have in Foye. Great examples: Clippers=Crawford, Spurs=Neal / Green (when not Manu), Heat=Miller, Boston=the Jet. Foye is a bench player, he can be a good 6th man, BUT NOT A STARTER.

You also dont play Foye on defensive special situations. Millsap moves the ball, and is improving each month (although slight). Jefferson is becoming the black hole that got him traded off the T-Wolves. The guy could be the best number 2 guy in the league, but when it's just him its awful to watch. When the jazz were winning earlier this month (when he went down with injury for a game then came back) we won big, and our assist totals were the highest in a long time.

I honestly cant think of a coach worse than Corbin right now... maybe Casey in Toronto... Wizards coach... hell, even the Bobcats coach is better than Corbin. We have more talent then teams winning right now, and yet we're losing games.

Sadly, if we keep losing games close like this, he wont be fired.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    I've been hearing the "fire Corbin" chirps from everywhere and have been tring to get on board, but I can't yet. Maybe I listen to Locke too much.

Here is why I can't get on board- stear me in the right direction.

1. Where did you expect the jazz to be at this point in the season? ( be realistic)
    2. Rank the jazz players overall by their position in the nba and compare that to their record. (This comes from Locke) do it, I did.
    3. He has too many options and not enough at the same time. So many guys at the two and three with a variety of specialties that it almost becomes a guessing game on when to use guys. He tried to use burks and favors tonight but both took themselves out with foul trouble. No good options at pg (at least in the traditional sense).
    4. Corbin can't make trades. If there was a trade on the horizon he would be expected to show off that guy and we'd bash him for it.
    5. It's the coaches job to get the most of his players. I have to assume that he has some week minded players. Millsap plays the three or doesn't finish games he slumps. Marvin and foye are streaky. The young guys get in foul trouble to easily. Limits his options.
    6. No reliable "go to" guy.
    7. In experienced coaching staff. (Tight *** front office?)
    8. Following a hall of gamer who coached two of the greatest players of all time at their positions and is being judged by a fan base who was used to that era.

The list goes on.

vCash
    I have just watched videos and have read enough, to know that Corbin is only using what he gots. He can't change the fact that Millsap wants to leave and plays like he doesn't care. He can't just grab him throw him out and trade him with the snap of his fingers.
    But what else should he do, put Favors in now, and put Millsap on bench?

Foye are best shooter, is on the starters because no else besides Al and Mo can shoot. Our bench doesn't need anything, they are good enough, why would you mess with that success.

The problem is the starters, and the only thing you can really do is hope they get out of the ruts they are in, and start playing because they want to be in Utah. Marvin and Millsap are the reason why our 19 point lead went away. Al and Tinsley are leaders and want to win.

vCash
    The sheer lack of devotion, and love for this team is why our starters are not as awesome. I put Al and Tinsley on this same block as the bench, and I think Foye found a spark that I wish I would see in him every night, at least 9 points a night consistantly, with haydays above 15 when we need him.

I wouldn't change our bench for any bench in the league. I would however trade off the two forward positions, and resign Foye and Mo(if not severly out for season).

However this is not in Corbins power to just wave a want, and its not his fault. Everyone has seen what our team is when they are not on the floor.

My favorite time of the game Al/Favors/Hayward/Burk, I like Kanter, but Big Al is so much more experienced.

vCash
    Dude, you've accepted mediocrity. Foye is a streak shooter that is one of the most frustrating players to watch. And you say MIllsap doesnt care, maybe his body expression is he knows this team is better, and yet we're losing. No way can you pin our more recent loses on the team, when it's clearly the ******** rotations.

And talk about not caring. Big Al's reach last night, however ********, he should have known not to reach, and what does he honestly think, Big Al's going to poke the ball away from Chris ****ing Paul? And he knew the ref's were calling it tight (especially over the NBA's love child Chris Paul) so why even reach?

And please explain to me why Big Al had less than 10 points against the Orlando Magic that was without Big Baby Davis? You really think the collective power of Vuvecvic and Ayon is enough to stop Big Al? Oh wait, they did.

Take your rose colored classes off. Corbin has been boning this team. If we had an experienced coach, we would be winning with OUR TALENTED team.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumba View Post
    Dude, you've accepted mediocrity. Foye is a streak shooter that is one of the most frustrating players to watch. And you say MIllsap doesnt care, maybe his body expression is he knows this team is better, and yet we're losing. No way can you pin our more recent loses on the team, when it's clearly the ******** rotations.

And talk about not caring. Big Al's reach last night, however ********, he should have known not to reach, and what does he honestly think, Big Al's going to poke the ball away from Chris ****ing Paul? And he knew the ref's were calling it tight (especially over the NBA's love child Chris Paul) so why even reach?

And please explain to me why Big Al had less than 10 points against the Orlando Magic that was without Big Baby Davis? You really think the collective power of Vuvecvic and Ayon is enough to stop Big Al? Oh wait, they did.

Take your rose colored classes off. Corbin has been boning this team. If we had an experienced coach, we would be winning with OUR TALENTED team.
    We are simply not that talented. And can we all please stop with this Millsap vs Al ****. Its getting really old and it really doesn't matter b/c neither is a game changer.

Could coaching be better? Certainly. Do I think it's coaching more than players? No. We do not in any way shape or form have a talented roster. We may have a fairly deep roster but there isn't much talent at the top and it's that talent at the top that really is the difference. Nobody on our team is an All-Star caliber player. I really don't think it's fair to judge what Corbin is doing with this team. I would like a new coach but if he's not fired it's not going to bother me b/c this team isn't going anywhere no matter who's coaching it.

Rippin' lips son!!

vCash
    IF we fired Corbin, who would we get to be the new HC? JVG is probably going to be picked up by Brooklyn (and probably wouldn't coach here anyway), Phil and Jerry are retired and aren't gonna wanna do anything long-term, and no thanks to Avery Johnson or Mike Brown. Who else is there?

"I know one thing for sure; you won't be able to say that Braves fans don't care" Chipper Jones

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast