Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Fukudome View Post
    Edwin Jackson is the man. Got closed out of his autograph session at 3, so I go to grab somethig to eat, EJax walks right in front of me. Nice little convo with him and got the autograph. Great dude.
    I like to hear things like this. Way to go EJax! Glad you got the signature, man!

So guys, I got a question for yall.

My wife has wanted to go to this her whole life. I want to try to take her next year, but I know this thing sells out in like 30 minutes. So what is the best way to get tickets, and how much should I expect to spend?

Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    So guys, I got a question for yall.

My wife has wanted to go to this her whole life. I want to try to take her next year, but I know this thing sells out in like 30 minutes. So what is the best way to get tickets, and how much should I expect to spend?
    I don't believe it sells out in 30 minutes. The Cubs were still selling weekend passes the day of the opening ceremonies.

Carrie Muskat:

28th #Cubs Convention schedule. Weekend passes still available http://wp.me/p1rXwp-8WtX

Yeah it hasn't sold out in the last few years so you should be good. Unless the Cubs have a good season and fans get excited again.
    Back in the late 90's up to the late 2000's hotel rooms would be booked 6+ months in advance and passes would sell out in 15 minutes but it hasn't been that way in a while.

Yeah they haven't been selling out the last few years. Even if they do sell out next year, you can buy passes on stubhub. I had two extra passes I had to get rid of because I had someone that couldn't go so I sold them on there.

Does anyone know the real reason why they switched hotels this year? I figured because they got a cheaper rate this year, and it is much smaller than the Hilton. I have gone to the last six conventions. The first two were packed. Each year after that there were less and less vendors and alot of open space. I thought maybe they figured since they aren't as popular right now that they decided to go to a smaller cheaper venue. I like it better at the Hilton.

I did like how it was right next to the AMC theater and the Lucky Strike bowling Alley. it gave me something to do Saturday night. I stayed at the Double Tree hotel that was a couple blocks away and it worked out pretty good. it was much cheaper and only about a five minute walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Does anyone know the real reason why they switched hotels this year? I figured because they got a cheaper rate this year, and it is much smaller than the Hilton.
    Did you hear about that contract the Ricketts family signed with Starwood Hotels, to build a boutique hotel across the street from Wrigley. Guess what brand Sheraton belongs to

I thought the hotel worked out much better for the convention. The escalators between the floors made getting around tons easier. I only went on Saturday, so considering it was the busiest day, I got a seat at each of the big panels - including the Wrigley renovation one that they had to close off. Just get your jacket on a seat and go walk around.

Two videos from the Cubs Convention, "Chicago Cubs Convention 2013," and "Chicago Cubs Operations Vision."
    Last edited by Yagyu+; 01-26-2013 at 11:58 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234