Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fukudome View Post
    Edwin Jackson is the man. Got closed out of his autograph session at 3, so I go to grab somethig to eat, EJax walks right in front of me. Nice little convo with him and got the autograph. Great dude.
    I like to hear things like this. Way to go EJax! Glad you got the signature, man!

vCash
    So guys, I got a question for yall.

My wife has wanted to go to this her whole life. I want to try to take her next year, but I know this thing sells out in like 30 minutes. So what is the best way to get tickets, and how much should I expect to spend?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    So guys, I got a question for yall.

My wife has wanted to go to this her whole life. I want to try to take her next year, but I know this thing sells out in like 30 minutes. So what is the best way to get tickets, and how much should I expect to spend?
    I don't believe it sells out in 30 minutes. The Cubs were still selling weekend passes the day of the opening ceremonies.

Carrie Muskat:

28th #Cubs Convention schedule. Weekend passes still available http://wp.me/p1rXwp-8WtX

vCash
    Yeah it hasn't sold out in the last few years so you should be good. Unless the Cubs have a good season and fans get excited again.
    Back in the late 90's up to the late 2000's hotel rooms would be booked 6+ months in advance and passes would sell out in 15 minutes but it hasn't been that way in a while.

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    Yeah they haven't been selling out the last few years. Even if they do sell out next year, you can buy passes on stubhub. I had two extra passes I had to get rid of because I had someone that couldn't go so I sold them on there.

Does anyone know the real reason why they switched hotels this year? I figured because they got a cheaper rate this year, and it is much smaller than the Hilton. I have gone to the last six conventions. The first two were packed. Each year after that there were less and less vendors and alot of open space. I thought maybe they figured since they aren't as popular right now that they decided to go to a smaller cheaper venue. I like it better at the Hilton.

I did like how it was right next to the AMC theater and the Lucky Strike bowling Alley. it gave me something to do Saturday night. I stayed at the Double Tree hotel that was a couple blocks away and it worked out pretty good. it was much cheaper and only about a five minute walk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Does anyone know the real reason why they switched hotels this year? I figured because they got a cheaper rate this year, and it is much smaller than the Hilton.
    Did you hear about that contract the Ricketts family signed with Starwood Hotels, to build a boutique hotel across the street from Wrigley. Guess what brand Sheraton belongs to

I thought the hotel worked out much better for the convention. The escalators between the floors made getting around tons easier. I only went on Saturday, so considering it was the busiest day, I got a seat at each of the big panels - including the Wrigley renovation one that they had to close off. Just get your jacket on a seat and go walk around.

vCash
    Two videos from the Cubs Convention, "Chicago Cubs Convention 2013," and "Chicago Cubs Operations Vision."
    Last edited by Yagyu+; 01-26-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234