Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Hybrid View

vCash

Smith on Kidd: 'Best point guard of all time'

Smith on Kidd: 'Best point guard of all time'

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...rd-of-all-time

On Thursday, J.R. Smith appeared on ESPN New York 98.7 FM's "The Michael Kay Show," and started off reflecting on his game-winning shot against the Suns.

With one second remaining, Smith ran off a Tyson Chandler screen and, as he sprinted to the left baseline corner, he received a perfect bounce pass from Jason Kidd, right to Smith's shooting hand.

"(The pass) was coming from the best point guard of all time," Smith said. "Jason Kidd is an unbelievable passer. He threw a great bounce pass, and I was able to turn around and get my shoulders squared to the basket and shoot the ball. Tyson set an unbelievable screen and I was fortunate enough to catch the ball and get it off."

The pass and shot put the finishing touches on a special night for Kidd and Smith. Kidd posted 23 points, eight assists and six rebounds, and Smith had 27 points, six rebounds, five assists and five steals off the bench.

Kidd's mindset: "I think his motivation is to win. He's such a competitor right out of the gate, and he doesn't need to prove anything to anybody. And I think that's the best thing about him. He's not out there trying to do too much or do too little; he just plays his game and tries to do exactly what we need. And I think that's the best thing about him."

Carmelo Anthony: "He's definitely, without a doubt, in my opinion and our team's opinion, the MVP.

Amar'e Stoudemire's return: "To see STAT out there, it's going to be huge. He's already an automatic threat when he's out there, so just to see how he fits in and how he reacts to everything, it's going to be great. I think he's going to welcome his role, whatever it is, with open arms, and he's going to be very successful."

The biggest concern: "I think the only thing that really concerns me is when we get back to full strength, and we'll be so scary, is how deep we're going to be as a team and how we're going to play together and jell together. We have all the pieces to the puzzle; it's just a matter of putting them together. I think Coach Woodson has been doing a great job with that, and I think he's going to continue doing that."

Christmas on the road: "It's extremely difficult. I mean, a lot of guys have some family in L.A. and they're fortunate to bring their families to wherever they're at. But it's all right because we're still a team and it's like we're all brothers. As long as we have the new technology -- the Skypes and iPads -- it makes it worth it."

Presents: "I got a great gift. Actually, Tyson Chandler got me like this wi-fi hard drive, so I have over 300 movies and pretty much every HBO episode and TV series, so I can watch it on my iPad and stuff. We kind of had like a Secret Santa thing, so I got my man Pablo (Prigioni) some Louis Vuitton shoes, which he was very appreciative of."
    Haha I love that JR got Pablo some LV shoes for secret santa.

KNICKS 2012/2013 = REBIRTH
    Lets talk some Knicks on Twitter @knicksupdate
    Knicks Past Knicks Future
    Originally Posted by StoicSentry
    "I hate rooting for the Knicks because of their connection with the Rangers. I never became a serious Knicks fan."

vCash
    very arguable for greatest PG of all time

isaih, magic, kidd, stockon

no order

edit: far as best player out the 4 goes, magic of course... but to play that position I cant put any above the other

vCash
    JR Smith is by far my favorite player.

He definitely alleviates the pain of having lost Danilo Gallinari.
    PM for my contact information.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyfromNeptune View Post
    JR Smith is by far my favorite player.

He definitely alleviates the pain of having lost Danilo Gallinari.
    can you do the cruz dance

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ewmania View Post
    very arguable for greatest PG of all time

isaih, magic, kidd, stockon

no order

edit: far as best player out the 4 goes, magic of course... but to play that position I cant put any above the other
    Actually in my opinion it comes down to two.......

Oscar Roberson and Magic

But in no way would I leave a Jerry West off the top list and Clyde not far behind West if at all.

But we talk about players and triple doubles, The Big O actually averaged a triple double.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    GOAT, well, no..

But on a short list of PG's in the history of the NBA, his name has to come up pretty quick. That in itself is more than enough. Man has been ultra-valuable to teams in so many ways. If I was compiling a list of smartest and/or toughest players, or even more simply "guys I'd want on my team", he would be near the top of those as well..

vCash
    Definitely top 5 pg of all time.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    Jason Kidd is a leader and winner. Knicks have a very good group of leaders particularly in Tyson and Kidd.

vCash
    Top 10
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    10 years ago I thought he was done when he had microfracture surgery. Now at damn near 40 I must say I'm amazed.