Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is Novak becoming a liability?

For the record, I'm a Novak fan, but is he becoming a liability to this team?

Over the last few weeks I've noticed how teams have basically shut down Novak and he's starting to look like a mannequin out there standing in the corner waiting for a pass to come his way. Sure he puts up a screen once in a while and helps space out the floor, but his defense is still horrible.

It's already been discussed a few times about putting Copeland in for Novak. Obviously both are poor defenders so that's basically a wash. Novak can only hit 3's or now and then a long 2. Copeland has shown us that he's a damn good 3 pt shooter, can create his own shot, and has effective moves in the paint. He's a legitimate scoring threat from anywhere on the court. I'm curious as to what our forum members think.

Below are some stats over the last few weeks:

Knicks vs. Rockets 12/17
    Novak 1-5 33:14 mins played 3 pts

Knicks vs. Nets 12/19
    Novak out with Flu

Knicks vs. Bulls 12/21
    Novak 0-3 31:24 mins played 0 pts

Knicks vs. Wolves 12/23
    Novak 1-3 18:42 mins played 4 pts

Knicks vs. Lakers 12/25
    Novak 1-2 15:13 mins played 3 pts

Knicks vs. Suns 12/26
    Novak 1-3 27:32 mins played 3 pts

Knicks vs. Kings 12/28
    Novak 4-7 25:46 mins played 11 pts

Knicks vs. Blazers 1/01
    Novak 0-5 20:22 mins played 0 pts

Over the last 7 games Novak has played in he's 8-21 for a total of 24 pts and a total playing time of 172 mins 13 secs. To be fair he did put up average stats a few games before these but nothing special. Have teams figured him out?
    Last edited by Enzo; 01-02-2013 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Updating stats

vCash
    Novak plays better with Jr because he actually looks for him.. Without that spacing it makes it way harder to score. Novak helps more than he hurts because one defender is always glued to him. We should actually run a few plays for him just to keep the defense on their heels.

Standing on Sacred Ground

When the season starts and the blatant homerism subsides, people will realize the 2 biggest flaws on our team. MAYBE??

vCash
    Knicks have to push the ball up quicker with Novak on the floor. If they play a slow half court game, Novak isnt going to see any open looks cause his defender can get set. Need to find him more in transistion if possible, look at the Laker game in NY as an example.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOULDA COULDA View Post
    Knicks have to push the ball up quicker with Novak on the floor. If they play a slow half court game, Novak isnt going to see any open looks cause his defender can get set. Need to find him more in transistion if possible, look at the Laker game in NY as an example.
    This is a huge problem in the offense IMO. They never ever push the ball up the floor. Kidd is always looking to but no one is running with him

vCash
    Felton is the liability, not Novak.

Ever since teams decided not to guard Felton anymore because of his awful shooting, and floaters, no one around the 3 line is open anymore.

If teams aren't going to help out when Felton gets open or in the lines, it's going to hurt us in a big way. Your seeing it now, the difference is feltons last game Vs the heat and Felton since.

Vs the heat he was hitting, defense had to help on him, we had open shots everywhere.

Since than he hasn't hit, defense has not not had to rotate to him. His shooting is hurting the entire offense a lot. It's a scouting report tht everyone has now, felton needs to get his shot together.
    Last edited by AddiX; 12-26-2012 at 07:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Felton is the liability, not Novak.

Ever since teams decided not to guard Felton anymore because of his awful shooting, and floaters, no one around the 3 line is open anymore.

If teams aren't going to help out when Felton gets open or in the lines, it's going to hurt us in a big way. Your seeing it now, the difference is feltons last game Vs the heat and Felton since.

Vs the heat he was hitting, defense had to help on him, we had open shots everywhere.

Since than he hasn't hit, defense has not not had to rotate to him. His shooting is hurting the entire offense a lot. It's a scouting report tht everyone has now, felton needs to get his shot together.
    Hush, that makes too much sense lol

Standing on Sacred Ground

When the season starts and the blatant homerism subsides, people will realize the 2 biggest flaws on our team. MAYBE??

vCash
    is felton really injured?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rwynyc View Post
    is felton really injured?
    I think his brain is injured, how do you not realize to stop shooting halfway through a 5-19 night? I love Ray but he is frustrating right now. Its crazy because Russel Westbrook shot the same last night but still managed to get 21 points, somethings has gotta give man smh.
    Video of Carmelo Anthony first time in the Barclays center http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZIIQmQ2qRA

Quote Originally Posted by oballers View Post
    the only statistic I will care about is how many W's we have and how much fun it was watching us get those Ws.

If you don't understand what I mean see the formula below:

((Amount of Joy)* Playoff Wins * # of Championships/ Number of times cheered) * # of beers drunk / % of trash talking

vCash
    big Novak fan, but if his shot is off.. He needs to sit.

vCash
    Whenever Novak gets the ball there is a man 2 inches from him. The word has gotten out on him and his shot isn't as deadly as it was last season when he has gotten the chance to shoot.

vCash
    Teams knowing they can not leave Novak open makes him a weapon even when he does not score. It opens the floor for other players. Other teams will sometimes leave bad shooters open to encourage them to shoot. They do not have that luxury with Novak.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    Teams knowing they can not leave Novak open makes him a weapon even when he does not score. It opens the floor for other players. Other teams will sometimes leave bad shooters open to encourage them to shoot. They do not have that luxury with Novak.
    sounds familiar, we had a guy like that, can't recall his name though

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    sounds familiar, we had a guy like that, can't recall his name though
    LOL Clyde used to say that Wilson would shoot the 3 because he was open but the other teams left him open for a reason. It could have been my step brother daring me to take the outside shot when we play 1 on 1 because I miss so many
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    The fact that Teams stick to Novak and don't help out on Melo when he is on the floor is great.
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    The better Cope plays, the more we ask the question.

My man Ike got a bad rap

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast