Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

I feel guilty (JR Smiff)

Last year i wrote off JR as a cancer and thug. If it was up to me, i would've let him walk in the offseason. This year he is my favorite player on the team.

JR - my bad, guy... My bad...

Mods can merge or close, or we could just use this thread to talk about how awesome JR has been.

vCash

vCash
    Props man. I've always been a JR fan because of the stupidly immense natural talent that he possesses but this year he has really come into his own. I get liking having JR come off the bench, but I'd love to see the kid start at least until Felton comes back. Shump isn't gonna start anytime soon because he'll likely be very limited. JR wants to start really bad and the guy deserves it.

I say Woodson should give it a shot. Should help with our ****** starts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    Last year i wrote off JR as a cancer and thug. If it was up to me, i would've let him walk in the offseason. This year he is my favorite player on the team.

Mods can merge or close, or we could just use this thread to talk about how awesome JR has been.
    I feel guilty, though I never thought he should flat out not be resigned. I know a bargain when I see one. His passion and effort have won me over.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StrandedCub View Post
    Props man. I've always been a JR fan because of the stupidly immense natural talent that he possesses but this year he has really come into his own. I get liking having JR come off the bench, but I'd love to see the kid start at least until Felton comes back. Shump isn't gonna start anytime soon because he'll likely be very limited. JR wants to start really bad and the guy deserves it.

I say Woodson should give it a shot. Should help with our ****** starts.
    He is an athletic freak. I have aid he reminds me a bit of Sprewell but with a nicer disposition. There are times I wish JR war meaner. I think a nastiness would suit him. I don't mean reactionary B.S. like hitting the ball out of people's hands but more a deep desire to destroy his opponent. I think he can get there.
    I am so happy he's on this team.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post

Great post.
    Please change your sig picture. It hurts so much to look at it. :cry:

vCash
    Lmao

vCash
    I respect this thread Kashmir. You give credit when it's due and I respect intelligent and honest posters. U still bugged me out with the Lin obsession over the summer though lol

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

vCash
    Didn't like J.R. last season ether but was willing to bring him back for a bargain, which is what eventually happened.

vCash
    Luv JR.

vCash
    I won't take any blame for not being a jr smith fan. this guy was a cancer on the nuggets and has never been a player that has played anywhere near his talent level, until recently. i think woody deserves credit for the respect and demand he gives to JR. woody must feel like a proud poppa seeing jr respond with 4 25 point games in a row. he has turned a new leaf but come on, how many guys finally put it all together after being in the league this long? he woulda been long gone if it weren't for his insane athleticism. i really hope he keeps this up, but i'm still not sold on him being a 20 ppg scorer. i do however think JR needs to be rewarded with ronnie brewer's spot in the starting 5.

vCash
    JR wasn't a cancer in Denver.

vCash
    Starting to think he should start in Kurt's place

The Future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    I won't take any blame for not being a jr smith fan. this guy was a cancer on the nuggets and has never been a player that has played anywhere near his talent level, until recently. i think woody deserves credit for the respect and demand he gives to JR. woody must feel like a proud poppa seeing jr respond with 4 25 point games in a row. he has turned a new leaf but come on, how many guys finally put it all together after being in the league this long? he woulda been long gone if it weren't for his insane athleticism. i really hope he keeps this up, but i'm still not sold on him being a 20 ppg scorer. i do however think JR needs to be rewarded with ronnie brewer's spot in the starting 5.
    If only Woody would start holding other players accountable..and sit their A@# if they are not performing(Brewer and novak to name just 2).:cry:

I agree Kash...JR is becoming my favorite player lately..always 100mph..deserves a shot in Starting lineup...cause we can't afford to keep falling behind like we have

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StrandedCub View Post
    JR wasn't a cancer in Denver.
    yes he was, he had one good postseason and that was it. he wouldn't play defense and he would do things like chuck 30 foot 3's with 18 seconds left on the clock. he was fun to watch, but there were also stories of behind the scenes **** he did to his teamates. he was an idiot in denver and though we all knew he had the talent, it never looked like he had the focus to put it all together. we were all singing his praises at the beginning of the year and then he reverted to his old ways, now he is playing well again so just enjoy JR when he's hot but understand we are seeing the best of him right now and i wouldn't be surprised if he loses focus again this season. i am behind JR because this team needs him right now but it's not like we can ignore the bulk of his career because he has a good season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast