Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleplay2007 View Post
    Berkman said they wouldn't pay him enough, he said a number 3 hitter on a losing team deserves around $8 million. He pretty much said that he'd be giving up his chances on winning another ring by signing with us. Which I completely understand. Pay the man the extra cash to bring him home, even at this point he'd be a good DH. Let Pena and Wallace platoon at first and give Wallace some time at 3rd as well.

1. Jose Altuve
    2. Jed Lowrie
    3. Lance Berkman/Carlos Pena
    4. Carlos Pena/Brett Wallace
    5. Justin Maxwell
    6. Jason Castro
    7. Brett Wallace/Matt Dominguez
    8. JD Martinez
    9. Fernando Martinez

Isn't too bad of a line up. Berkman would bring depth to the batting order. When I made this line up I realized how slow we are... SMH.
    If you can find me somewhere that Berkman specifically said the Astros wouldn't offer him enough money I'd like to see it. The only things I've read were fairly general terms, talking about the right circumstance and wanting to get payed like a number 3 hitter should. Also, the Astros today said they've still been in contact with him recently. IF they don't sign him, it's not for lack of trying. I don't think signing him helps or hurts the team much short or long term, but it'd be neat to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giraffes Rule View Post
    If you can find me somewhere that Berkman specifically said the Astros wouldn't offer him enough money I'd like to see it. The only things I've read were fairly general terms, talking about the right circumstance and wanting to get payed like a number 3 hitter should. Also, the Astros today said they've still been in contact with him recently. IF they don't sign him, it's not for lack of trying. I don't think signing him helps or hurts the team much short or long term, but it'd be neat to see.
    I agree with that completely, I don't think he'd help us very much at all. It'd just be nice to have a familiar face in the line up.

vCash
    It definitely hurts us now. Where is he going to play? We just signed Pena as our DH, and I know we suck but they won't let us use two designated hitters. Trust me, the Royals already asked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tr3ymill3r View Post
    It definitely hurts us now. Where is he going to play? We just signed Pena as our DH, and I know we suck but they won't let us use two designated hitters. Trust me, the Royals already asked.
    Berkman probably can't play full time, and it's not like Pena is great. He can be a bench bat and give Berkman days off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleplay2007 View Post
    Except he's much better.
    But you already have Pena

Point is of course moot now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12