Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSIONIST^248 View Post
    Kobe has avgd. 5 assists a game for his career. Melo can't and don't pass for ****.
    Iverson has average 8 in his career but is a well known ball hog. Point is stats doesn't tell te whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    since when are apg how you decide who is a ball hog? Look, Melo is playing the 4, and they are running the offense through him. It is designed for him to shoot a lot. Does he get tunnel vision at times? Sure, but so do Kobe, Durant, and a few other great scorers. Melo is a scorer. Always has been. And if you want to point at him taking too many shots, I will gladly take his percentages this year with the volume he is shooting. To me, a "ball hog" is a player who shoots a ton and has a negative impact. That can not be said of Melo this season so far.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    Iverson has average 8 in his career but is a well known ball hog. Point is stats doesn't tell te whole story.
    Melo can score. That's it! Get over it.

vCash
    Melo's trusted his teammates far more this year than he ever has his whole career, and it's because he knows he'll get his shots within the offense. The only other year this was the case with him was in 2009 with Chauncey Billups as the teams' lead guard. He now has Kidd along side him, and it's made a difference. Melo's shooting the ball has only helped the Knicks this year.....

vCash
    And Kobe's a ball hog get over it

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

vCash
    And can rebound, and is playing much better defense. It doesn't matter what his assist numbers are when you have Kidd and a locked-in Felton on your team. All Melo has to do is trust his PG's, and all is well.....Let's not overstate apg.

vCash
    And Kobe's a ball hog get over it
    A ball hog with 5 assists a game and 5 rings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    And can rebound, and is playing much better defense. It doesn't matter what his assist numbers are when you have Kidd and a locked-in Felton on your team. All Melo has to do is trust his PG's, and all is well.....Let's not overstate apg.
    I would hardly call 6 rebs a game a "rebounder"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Melo's trusted his teammates far more this year than he ever has his whole career, and it's because he knows he'll get his shots within the offense. The only other year this was the case with him was in 2009 with Chauncey Billups as the teams' lead guard. He now has Kidd along side him, and it's made a difference. Melo's shooting the ball has only helped the Knicks this year.....
    Yes I agree, Kidd has done wonders for Melo and gotten him easier shots. Plus the fact he's surrounded by shooters for the first time in his career has a lot to do with his success. I've always say you put shooters around him, he'll and the team will excel.

Melo is playing the PF and taking the responsiblity to be the leading scorer. I'm pretty sure Woodson is more worried about Felton and Kidd's assist being up than Melo's!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

vCash
    A ball hog with 5 assists a game and 5 rings.
    Did he have 5 assist when he scored 81 points or average 22 shots? And Robert Horry has 7 rings what's your point?

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

vCash
    Hahaha that's cute and all, but you made a claim that all Melo can do is score. Six rebounds per game indicates that he can rebound the ball, which disproves your theory that Melo's a one-dimensional player this year.

vCash
    Melo is one of "if not" the best rebounder at his position

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

vCash
    yes he's a ballhog, but an efficient one...at least this season

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

vCash
    Can someone post a definition of a ball hog? Because I'm pretty sure nobody has a concrete definition.

More often than not, when calling someone a ballhog, there is a negative connotation with it.

Melo shoots a lot, but he isnt shooting to the detriment of his team. That is my definition of a ballhog. Looking for your own first, but to the detriment of the team. If you are not making the team better, yet you continue you bomb away, then I consider you a ballhog. Not even close to Melo.

- At times I want to consider Felton a ball hog
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Did he have 5 assist when he scored 81 points or average 22 shots? And Robert Horry has 7 rings what's your point?
    No beacuase he scored 81. Yes he did. As a matter of fact he's avg. 5 assist a game now and shooting 22fg per game. The point is Kobe has done something right over his career.What has melo done.
    Last edited by SteBO; 12-28-2012 at 04:05 PM. Reason: no need for insults....

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast