Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is Carmelo Anthony The Biggest Ball Hog In The NBA?

Hear me out

Anthony is taking nearly 21 shots a game.... Only 1.9 assists though. He never averaged more than 3.6 assists.

I know you wanna say Westbrook is a ball hog but at least he gets 8.7 assists a game. If he wants, he can be the leading scorer in assists if he paid less attention to his offense game

I know you wanna say Kobe never passes the ball but funny enough he is averaging 5 assists a game. He also had a career high of 5.9 assists once. Over the last decade Kobe been having 5 assists a game per year

Safe to say melo is the biggest ball hog in the nba?

vCash
    Carmelo is playing the best ball of his life. Call him what you will.

vCash
    Melo's assists stats are skewed because of Kidd. Melo usually gets the hockey assist.

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

vCash
    Meh. Melo tends to do what's most needed. He's essentially playing PF this year...you're not looking for passing from that position.

Not sure I'd label him a "ballhog". He's just a high volume scorer.

vCash
    melo isnt running the point as matter fact he is in the post most of the time. tell me a pf or center that has high assist not many. He draws the double team and he kicks it out to start the ball movement to the open man on the other side of the court that why he doesnt have as many. i dont think he is ball hogging i think just a player that dominates the ball. to me a ball hog is someone who shoots and shoots without looking for an open man.
    i love the yankee haters you make us what we are today

vCash
    he's actually been pretty unselfish this year, but overall on the ball-hog-o meter, he's closer to hog than not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Meh. Melo tends to do what's most needed. He's essentially playing PF this year...you're not looking for passing from that position.

Not sure I'd label him a "ballhog". He's just a high volume scorer.
    Other than saying this thread will get ugly at some point, this is pretty much what I thought, especially when you look at the way the team is currently structured.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thapastime7 View Post
    melo isnt running the point as matter fact he is in the post most of the time. tell me a pf or center that has high assist not many. He draws the double team and he kicks it out to start the ball movement to the open man on the other side of the court that why he doesnt have as many. i dont think he is ball hogging i think just a player that dominates the ball. to me a ball hog is someone who shoots and shoots without looking for an open man.
    Lebron

vCash
    LeBron plays PF, sure. But his role on the team isn't at all like a traditional PF.

Our traditional definitions of positions continue to mean less and less, and the Heat and LeBron are at the forefront of that. He starts at PF, but he isn't a "power forward".

Melo plays a more traditional PF role on that team. LeBron basically is positionless.

vCash
    Who cares, they are winning. Why woud someone bring up his assist numbers, just to stir the pot? It's ok, he's paying well, and assist are dished out by the guards.

Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    I honestly dont think Knicks are good but thats me, maybe thats cause I dont watch them they are boring to me and Nets already beat them.
    Classic DMF.....

Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    We have our foot on the Bulls throats with a gun pointed between their eyes. Now we are about to pull the trigger.
    Classic wavey......

vCash
    Melo has been far from a ball hog this year.

vCash
    Why?.....

Just Why?...

Leave the Knicks and Carmelo alone.. I know you folk hate the fact that we are winning but why troll us?.. Nobody says anything remotely close about Kobe that they say of Melo.. Let the man be great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Becks2307 View Post
    Melo's assists stats are skewed because of Kidd. Melo usually gets the hockey assist.
    No

For his career he is averaging 3 assists per game while shooting 20 shots a game.

Ball hog.

vCash
    You can tell this guy hasn't watched the Knicks play this year. Or just never played basketball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EnWhyKay View Post
    Why?.....

Just Why?...

Leave the Knicks and Carmelo alone.. I know you folk hate the fact that we are winning but why troll us?.. Nobody says anything remotely close about Kobe that they say of Melo.. Let the man be great.
    I mean, it's not a ridiculous question. Tons of shots + few assists. It is what it is. He fills his role fine, which is why the "ballhog" label isn't fitting. He is NOT a passer, but that doesn't mean he's selfish or a ballhog. He's just a scoring power forward.

But, I'll make an offer...we "leave you alone" if you "leave us alone" Knicks fans are now on a two way street. They're finally relevant again and are reveling in it, yet at the same time they aren't ready for the criticism, critiques and jabs that come with being that good again. Gotta learn to deal with it!

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast