Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DDEnforcer View Post
    You must not understand completely how NBA trades work. Since the Pacers are over the cap they MUST take back contracts equalling what they trade away. Granger, Hansbrough, Green equal about 20 million dollars a year. I'm not a big fan of Bargnani, but I think the Pacers could turn around and flip him for an expiring deal or a similar contract and first round pick
    No I know completely how trades work...I also know that Calderon makes close to the same amount as Bargnani and the trade also works with him....and while over paid could at least contribute giving Hill time at the 2 and is expiring giving us options going foarward since we don't have West's bird rights only signing him to a 2 year contract originally.

Who would give anything of value let alone a 1st round pick or valuable expiring contract for one of the worst defensive, worst rebounding, as well as shooting % wise big men in the league that is due 10+ million with multiple years left on that contract? We would have to give up a pick just to rid ourselves of his contract.

I also believe you are allowed to take back 125% +100,000 of the outgoing contracts not just even amounts.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 01-29-2013 at 03:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    No I know completely how trades work...I also know that Calderon makes close to the same amount as Bargnani and the trade also works with him....and while over paid could at least contribute giving Hill time at the 2 and is expiring giving us options going foarward since we don't have West's bird rights only signing him to a 2 year contract originally.

Who would give anything of value let alone a 1st round pick or valuable expiring contract for one of the worst defensive, worst rebounding, as well as shooting % wise big men in the league that is due 10+ million with multiple years left on that contract? We would have to give up a pick just to rid ourselves of his contract.
    Calderon has much more value than Bargnani. There is a 0% chance that Toronto would trade two of their last three LOTTERY PICKS in a package if Bargnani wasn't involved. Davis is 23 years old and averaging 10 PPG and 7 RPG. Terrance Jones is going to be a starting 2G in the NBA and is currently averaging nearly 8 PPG. I agree with you Bargnani isn't a good fit! However, you are getting two VERY good young players in return. The Pacers could potentially immediately turn around and trade Bargnani for an expiring contract or a similar contract of an aging player and get a pick back since Bargnani's offensive numbers are good and he's a relatively young guy.

vCash
    If we could somehow pickup Terrenc Ross we would be set. Ross starting next to PG would be a problem. Not to mention Lance being our 6th man type of player.... Ross is one young guy I would give up Danny for. I don't really like the idea of getting Bargniani tho.
    This:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a5hq7uc plus a pick probably...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PacersForLife View Post
    If we could somehow pickup Terrenc Ross we would be set. Ross starting next to PG would be a problem. Not to mention Lance being our 6th man type of player.... Ross is one young guy I would give up Danny for. I don't really like the idea of getting Bargniani tho.
    This:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a5hq7uc plus a pick probably...
    We should just draft Oladipo in the 1st when he comes out. put him at the 2 and PG at the 3 and move Granger this summer or next yr.

vCash
    No way to the Tor trade. Ill pass on an underachieving Davis who was a very high draft pick, POSSIBLY decent SG and a pathetic big man in Bargs. Tor just traded Davis to DET anyways so its a pointless discussion anymore. Its amusing how much ppl just want to trade Granger just to trade em lol. Hes not going anywhere, we will be patient and the only way he leaves if we get a hell of a deal. So expect him in a IND jersey helping us to the playoffs after the all star break.

Lucks on our side

vCash
    Since they got Davis, Memphis needs to probably look to deal Gasol/Randolph. Really an odd trade overall.

#iubb

vCash
    Larry Bird had stated when he ran the front office he liked Bargnari and would've like to have him on the Pacers.... Bargnari can score the ball i would'nt be upset by this Trade. but, i'd be more looking to shed Roy Hibberts salary and look to trade him and Gerald Green to somewhere like New Orleans for Robin Lopez and another player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PacersLegend#31 View Post
    Larry Bird had stated when he ran the front office he liked Bargnari and would've like to have him on the Pacers.... Bargnari can score the ball i would'nt be upset by this Trade. but, i'd be more looking to shed Roy Hibberts salary and look to trade him and Gerald Green to somewhere like New Orleans for Robin Lopez and another player.
    I wouldn't mind that, maybe we could get their PG Vasquez(sp) also

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PacersLegend#31 View Post
    Just gotta remember Larry isn't with the team anymore..

I highly doubt this team makes any moves at the deadline. Getting Granger back moves Stephenson to the bench, automatically giving us a solid 6th man and 1st guy off the bench. If the defense plays like it did against Detroit and forgets this whole west coast trip, then we'll be fine and be up with the 2nd/3rd seed.

This team has a great opportunity to make a big run with 9 of our next 11 on the road.

#iubb

vCash
    didnt want to make a new thread for this....

Danny Granger (knee) participated in a live half-court scrimmage Thursday.
    There is still no timetable for Granger's return and he has yet to be cleared for full-contact workouts, although this sounds about as close as you can get to full contact. The Pacers still plan to get Granger into a game or two prior to the All-Star break, meaning he should return within the next two weeks. Now's the time to add Granger if another owner dropped him while he was hurt.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1137/danny-granger - source through rotoworld is indystar.

I am getting excited.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    Indiana Pacers Receive:
    Dion Waiters
    Marreese Speights
    2013-1 Round Draft Pick
    --------------------------
    Cleveland Cavaliers Receive:
    Danny Granger
    Tyler Hansbrough

vCash
    Cavaliers won't be dealing Waiters. I'm not sure why everyone wants to deal Granger already without even seeing what he's like within the new team this year. Now that he's seen that Paul George can be the leading scorer, I'm sure he'll be willing to take more of a back seat. Having those two guys score the ball at a high level at the same time makes us even more dangerous. The one area that we've struggled is offensively, and that's what Granger excels at. Let's see how he fits with this years team before talking seriously about wanting to deal him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PG24 View Post
    Cavaliers won't be dealing Waiters. I'm not sure why everyone wants to deal Granger already without even seeing what he's like within the new team this year. Now that he's seen that Paul George can be the leading scorer, I'm sure he'll be willing to take more of a back seat. Having those two guys score the ball at a high level at the same time makes us even more dangerous. The one area that we've struggled is offensively, and that's what Granger excels at. Let's see how he fits with this years team before talking seriously about wanting to deal him.
    Because Indiana wants to sign David West and they need money for that

vCash
    Houston have some interest in Danny Granger, i like Stepheson in the lineup, Chandler Parsons can be our Six man, trade Gerald green an our 1 round draft pick for a higher draft pick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLD_SWAGGER View Post
    Houston have some interest in Danny Granger, i like Stepheson in the lineup, Chandler Parsons can be our Six man, trade Gerald green an our 1 round draft pick for a higher draft pick
    They would have to add quite a bit of salary to make that deal work, Houston has a bunch of 1-3 million dollar salaries and it would need to include multiple ones...especially if Parsons was included. Add that to the fact that our roster is full and we would either have to cut for dead cap or trade back guys like OJ and Plumlee to not upset the amount of cap and there is a big issue with trading with Houston.

The only other options are Lin who we don't want, or Asik/Harden which they wouldn't trade.

Didn't Houston also move their #1 for Harden? I know they have tons of outstanding trades involving picks that are protected so I'm not sure if they have any they can trade....and I wouldn't take the gamble with the future on Houston since IMO they are up and coming and we most likely wouldn't get anywhere near the lottery.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 02-05-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast