Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I Think Samuel Dalembert is much better than Hibbert, trade Hibbert for a gift, save money and resign West and sign Dalembert 6 mil for 2 years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLD_SWAGGER View Post
    I Think Samuel Dalembert is much better than Hibbert, trade Hibbert for a gift, save money and resign West and sign Dalembert 6 mil for 2 years
    What is a gift?

hes averaging 5 and 4... Why not just start Ian Mahinmi at that point?

I dont like this idea at all. I dont like Dalembert, and hibbert is about 100 times better than him. We would be making our team exponentially worse.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    I honestly think if the Pacers are smart (and, i think they are) they'll wait and see what happens with the chemistry and how Granger fits back into the mix. the most recent ranking (I know they're bs, but still a gage) had the Pacers as the 8th best team in the league. As soon as he's ready to handle it, i think they slide Granger back in at the 3 and put PG back at the 2. A much improved Lance Stevenson moves to the 2 on the second unit and we have improved our offense pretty quick on both units. If I'm the Pacers I don't make a trade at all right now, this team could reach the finals if Granger mixes in well with what they've been doing. Give it a chance at least. It will be rough for a little while, but could really become something special.

vCash

granger no trade

I don't like it either ..If they trade him it be after the season over .. I like danny as a sub slowly get him in the game..

vCash
    Definitely would like to see where he fits in...BUT, I LOVE the ideal of a TRUE point running or offense with everything else moving back to their natural spots. But even with a rumor that i have heard for a guy like Calderon, whom is one fo my favorite players in the league, the defense would suffer tremendously. We aren't the best D in the league because we have a weakness anywhere on the floor defensively. Though I still worry about the bench, even with Lance moving to it in the future...Gerald Green has been non-existent the past few weeks...at least DJ has given some production...I digress. I just really like this team for the long haul, and like other fellow Pacer fans, would love to see where we stand with Granger back, but his return may make him superflous with George, IMO, having every attributable skill that is better than Grangers across the board...

vCash
    All he can do is hold PG back now. He should have been traded a year ago when his value was higher
    Your perception of the obvious is OUTSTANDING!!!

vCash
    I agree...especially with a contract that, each year it balloons rivals that of someone of the ilk of Dwyane Wade and 'Bron...does not take a rocket scientist to realize he does not give us that type of production. Once again, he has stepped up his d the past few years and is a scorer...but thats it. Not sure what type of leader he is, but Paul George makes him almost un-needable...if that is a word.

vCash
    You guys are way off. He doesnt take a high volume of shots, how does that stifle George? His ability to stretch the floor should in theory free up Hibbert down low. Having him next to George should improve upon our overall team defense as well. Moving Stephenson to the bench should make our second units scoring and defense improve. We have yet to see this team play at full strength, Granger could make this a Championship contending team.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    Exactly. Granger will be able to FINALLY become that number 2 guy weve all said he is, and allow George to continue being the number one option. His defense will help significantly and his streaky outside shooting will make this team much more exciting and scary at the same time. No way in hell we trade him right now, his value is low because of the injury and we need him more than what we could get out of him. Hes not going anywhere and in no way does he hurt this team when he comes back.

Lucks on our side

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Colts2180 View Post
    Exactly. Granger will be able to FINALLY become that number 2 guy weve all said he is, and allow George to continue being the number one option. His defense will help significantly and his streaky outside shooting will make this team much more exciting and scary at the same time. No way in hell we trade him right now, his value is low because of the injury and we need him more than what we could get out of him. Hes not going anywhere and in no way does he hurt this team when he comes back.
    This ^^

vCash
    Indiana Pacers trade rumors include Danny Granger and Roy Hibbert as possible pieces that the team could move. According to Chad Ford on Wednesday (Jan. 23), though, it is very unlikely that Hibbert is going to be moved this season.

As some fantasy basketball fans may recall, the Portland Trail Blazers extended a pretty nice contract to Hibbert, but because he was a restricted free agent the Pacers were able to match it. That makes him an expensive option for the next few seasons, but he has proven time and time again that he can be a defensive stopper in the middle.

The most likely player on the Pacers to be traded is Granger, especially with how well the team has played during his injury. Even though Granger hasn’t played a game yet this season, the Pacers are flying high in the Eastern Conference. It certainly couldn’t hurt them to get another scorer, though, and that is exactly what Granger will provide in the second half.

According to Ford, Granger has been getting reassurances from the Pacers that they do not intend on trading him. That could put his mind at ease and allow him to get back into the rotation quite fluidly. That might be disappointing for fans of other teams hoping that they might get Granger, but it could take a lot to pry him away from the Pacers right now.

As it stands, it looks like the Indiana Pacers trade rumors out there aren’t going to turn into anything unless the perfect deal comes up.
    If a Danny Granger trade offer is made that includes a really nice point guard or power forward, Ford increases his percentage on the likelihood of a trade taking place.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/indi...y-granger-gone

vCash
    Works for me. Danny stays here. We need offense and hopefully he is the spark.

#iubb

vCash

Granger will be moved in the next year

Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    Works for me. Danny stays here. We need offense and hopefully he is the spark.
    Granger is an aging player with a bloated contract. He'll make over 14 million dollars next season and due to health, age and the fact that the Pacers have excelled without him he'll be shopped.

The Raptors are trying hard to add a scorer at the SF spot. They have actively been trying to trade for Rudy Gay. I'd like to see the Pacers jump in and pull off a trade with Toronto first.

Pacers offer: Danny Granger, Tyler Hansbrough, Gerald Green and our first round pick

In exchange for

Raptors trade: Andrea Bargnani, Terrance Ross, Ed Davis

This would be a great trade for the Pacers IMO. We get a future starting SG, who has star potential. We also get a young PF who is averaging 8 points and 8 boards a game. Bargnani would be the albatross, but it's possible we could instantly turn around and trade him for a better contract. He is after all averaging 16 points and 5 boards a game. The trade would also allow the Pacers to let David West walk in the future or just bring him back on a 1 or 2 year deal. Bargnani could possibly recoup a first round pick if the Pacers shopped him.

vCash
    Bargnani doesn't play defense...never has been able to, and probably has one of the worst rebounding rates of any PF or C in the league and shoots an incredibly low percentage for a big man...Honestly I don't know the cap space involved in this trade, but I would prefer to get Calderon as opposed to Bargnani...and I really don't want him either. I like Ed Davis and to some extent Ross going forward, but in no way do I want to see Bargnani on the pacers....I would rather have Tyler and his effort than a matador defender, who can't rebound, is a volume low % shooter, and is making over 10 mil per year and is under contract until 2015 any day of the week....and I don't know many teams willing to offer anything of value for Bargnani or I think he would have already been traded. To get rid of Bargnani's contract Toronto will most likely have to give up a 1st rounder in a "take this salary off our hands, as well as a big trade exception" move.

I like dangling Danny out to possibly fill our PF spot long term, but since we aren't in a panic to fill that spot we wouldn't need to take a double digit price tag on a backup in return and give a 1st rounder for the opportunity to do so. We don't need to deal danny unless it makes us better today and going forward....not just going forward.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 01-29-2013 at 03:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    Bargnani doesn't play defense...never has been able to, and probably has one of the worst rebounding rates of any PF or C...Honestly I don't know the cap space involved in this trade, but I would prefer to get Calderon as opposed to Bargnani...and I really don't want him either.

I like Ed Davis and to some extent Ross going forward, but in no way do I want to see Bargnani on the pacers....I would rather have Tyler and his effort than a matador defender who can't rebound and is making over 10 mil per year and is under contract until 2015 any day of the week.

I like dangling Danny out to possibly fill our PF spot long term, but since we shouldn't be panicing to fill that spot we wouldn't need to take a double digit price tag on a backup in return.
    You must not understand completely how NBA trades work. Since the Pacers are over the cap they MUST take back contracts equalling what they trade away. Granger, Hansbrough, Green equal about 20 million dollars a year. I'm not a big fan of Bargnani, but I think the Pacers could turn around and flip him for an expiring deal or a similar contract and first round pick

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast