Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_ View Post
    lol The sad thing is the artists who are just trying to survive and make a living are caught in the middle.
    artists actually make close to nothing on sales. they make all their money from performances, and a lot of them do things like commercials.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    Universal, Sony, RCA

Yep... That's like the entire music industry
    like I said, they sue people for pirating their music, but the they turn around and steal money from google.

vCash
    This is pretty standard practice (being in a band) you use these services on youtube facebook and twitter to acquire followers. The thinking is the more "popular" you are the more people will listen and records labels will give you more attention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1:24894824
    lol The sad thing is the artists who are just trying to survive and make a living are caught in the middle.
    artists actually make close to nothing on sales. they make all their money from performances, and a lot of them do things like commercials.
    sales pay back money given for recording and other expenses paid by the label. Musicians make their money off shows and merchandise.

vCash
    I hate corporations.
    NEW
    YORK
    KNICKS

vCash
    Doesn't surprise me considering a lot of labels have been buying their own albums to boost sales for a long time. It's just about creating momentum and hopefully the public buys into it.

Another example is radio. Labels aren't suppose to be able to pay the radio stations to play their artists so to get around that they give them gifts. Again, once the song catches the ear of the masses, they start requesting it on their own and you end up with a popular song.
    Yep its all a scam. Its pretty much politics as existing artists can pretty much just pay or have their label pay to keep them relevant by pumping their stuff to the mindless youths.

Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    That's cool, I'll continue burning their music onto CD's and uploading their MP3s.
    Same. I haven't paid for music since 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by cubbiefan_est88 View Post
    This is pretty standard practice (being in a band) you use these services on youtube facebook and twitter to acquire followers. The thinking is the more "popular" you are the more people will listen and records labels will give you more attention.
    Twitter can be huge. A local sports writer here started using Twitter this year and seen his website go from making $10 a day to $100 a day. He says that probably 90% of his traffic comes from Twitter.
    Last edited by steelcityroller; 12-29-2012 at 05:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    The problem is that a lot of people feel that way even for the unknown artists who don't have a big label behind them. If you enjoy an artist, and can afford to buy their music, do it. It can make a huge difference in the lives of the lesser knowns.

That being said, the big time labels doing stuff like this can suck it.

vCash
    The problem is that a lot of people feel that way even for the unknown artists who don't have a big label behind them. If you enjoy an artist, and can afford to buy their music, do it. It can make a huge difference in the lives of the lesser knowns.

That being said, the big time labels doing stuff like this can suck it.
    I agree, smaller bans who don't have a big label can benefit greatly by buying their music.

however, I doubt these company's were doing it with smaller bands. it was probably more Justin Beiber and whatnot so they could get more money

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12