Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

YouTube Kills Billions of Video Views Faked By Music Industry

The video service deleted more than 2 billion fake video views in the channels of Universal, Sony, and RCA, according to Daily Dot. The decision apparently was made when YouTube found out that the companies were using view building services hired from sites such as Fiverr to create video views that never existed.
    source

this is pretty bull ****** by the music industry. they sue people for pirating because it's "stealing", but then they fake views to get more money from Google.

vCash

vCash
    Anyone know which videos were inflated by this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgerbluemmm24 View Post
    Anyone know which videos were inflated by this?
    Universal, Sony, and RCA

vCash
    Doesn't surprise me

vCash
    Doesn't surprise me considering a lot of labels have been buying their own albums to boost sales for a long time. It's just about creating momentum and hopefully the public buys into it.

Another example is radio. Labels aren't suppose to be able to pay the radio stations to play their artists so to get around that they give them gifts. Again, once the song catches the ear of the masses, they start requesting it on their own and you end up with a popular song.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Yup their all crooks
    Sounds like it.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_ View Post
    Doesn't surprise me considering a lot of labels have been buying their own albums to boost sales for a long time. It's just about creating momentum and hopefully the public buys into it.

Another example is radio. Labels aren't suppose to be able to pay the radio stations to play their artists so to get around that they give them gifts. Again, once the song catches the ear of the masses, they start requesting it on their own and you end up with a popular song.
    You may already know this but for everyone else who doesn't, this is why the job title "independent record promoter" exists. Basically, labels pay these guys to pay out the radio stations in the form of "promotional assistance" basically operating and other such costs that the radio station would normally have to pay themselves, essentially creating a middleman and legal loophole around the "no pay-to-play" law. It's really a sweet gig, wish I knew how to break into it.

vCash
    so this is what explains those "500 views but a 10,000 likes" things?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    No, that's just a youtube thing. The view count will hit like 350 and stay like that for a while even when a video is getting thousands of views.

vCash
    That's cool, I'll continue burning their music onto CD's and uploading their MP3s.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    That's cool, I'll continue burning their music onto CD's and uploading their MP3s.
    lol The sad thing is the artists who are just trying to survive and make a living are caught in the middle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    No the views freeze after a certain number then a day or two later go to how much views it actually has and then it keeps doing the same thing

**** you

vCash
    Universal, Sony, RCA

Yep... That's like the entire music industry
    Proof that I'm Always Right: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=756103
    and http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=773028

New Prediction: LeBron will be Knicks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_ View Post
    lol The sad thing is the artists who are just trying to survive and make a living are caught in the middle.
    Well, artists still get paid pretty well for concerts. Way I see it, if I only like one or two of your songs, I'm not gonna buy your record anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast