Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Hawking: Mankind will not survive without escaping earth

I don't always agree with articles I post, but this one I do.

Hawking: Humans Will Not Survive Another 1,000 Years ‘Without Escaping’ Earth

LOS ANGELES (CBSDC/AP) — Stephen Hawking, who spent his career decoding the universe and even experienced weightlessness, is urging the continuation of space exploration — for humanity’s sake.

The 71-year-old Hawking said he did not think humans would survive another 1,000 years “without escaping beyond our fragile planet.”

The British cosmologist made the remarks Tuesday before an audience of doctors, nurses and employees at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where he toured a stem cell laboratory that’s focused on trying to slow the progression of Lou Gehrig’s disease. . .

. . .In 2009, President Barack Obama awarded Hawking the Presidential Medal of Freedom for his work.
    This is a pretty broad topic, but if mods think it goes better in the sparsely-attended science forum, so be it.

Thoughts from everyone? Will we nuke our race to extinction? Will we bio-weapon ourselves to extinction? Will we wreck our environment to the extent humans can't live here? Will we create a Terminator scenario where our machines take over and eliminate us? Will there be an apocalypse of some kind?
    “A riot,” said Martin Luther King, “is the language of the unheard.”

vCash
    1,000 years?

I don't care.

vCash
    I don't know. Mick Foley has been thrown off the top of the cell, on explosives, on thumb tacks and has been beaten mercilessly time and time again. I think he'll be fine.

vCash
    Famine and/or diseases will wipe us off from earth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I don't know. Mick Foley has been thrown off the top of the cell, on explosives, on thumb tacks and has been beaten mercilessly time and time again. I think he'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    1,000 years?

I don't care.
    haha this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    1,000 years?

I don't care.
    this attitude is exactly why humans are ****ed. it doesn't affect me so who cares if Earth gets destroyed.

vCash
    eventually the sun will explode
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Does this surprise anyone? I mean, maybe the time frame does, but I don't think it's a secret that humans won't survive forever on Earth
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3:25881996

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    this attitude is exactly why humans are ****ed. it doesn't affect me so who cares if Earth gets destroyed.
    ^

vCash
    yup.

vCash
    It's really sad...but that's just how some people are. Not everyone has that same attitude...just too many so that it doesn't matter what anyone tries to do can make a difference
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    eventually the sun will explode
    No, it won't. It'll expand to just outside of Earth's orbit, but it won't go supernova.

vCash
    Aliens

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast