Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Palmer Done?

vCash
    If we had a decent defense, we probably have 4 more wins. That would put us in playoff contention. That being said, this season would have been a disappointment, not a failure that it is now. So, is it Palmer or the supporting cast?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    The insanity part of it all is 99% of the residents here are frightened to move into new waters, you live in the past with some crazy illusion that history will keep repeating itself, and suddenly 30 years with no rings have gone by.

We`ve had more success with journeymen ? How many journeymen have the Raiders had over the last 30 years? You will find the average of your illusion isn`t acceptable, Oakland has been peddling journeymen for several years now, it`s not working if you haven`t noticed.

Another laughable example is Rich Gannon, he didn`t lead anyone to gold. I don`t see any World Championship banners flying over the stadium. If Gannon acheived so much then Donovan McNabb must be a god, playing in 5 NFC championship games and matching Gannon with a Super Bowl loss, it`s time for everyone to chase new dreams and store all the excuses forever sealed in the attic.
    That has nothing to do with it, I am all for drafting a QB, just not wasting a first round pick on one with so many other needs elsewhere. The Raiders have drafted a QB in the first round numerous times, Marc Wilson, Todd Marinovich and JaMarcus Russell, yet have had far better results bringing in veteran free agents such as Plunkett, Hostetler, and Gannon. No QB in this draft warrants first round consideration. LoL not surprised at your McNabb reference, afterall he did play for Syracuse. You are absolutely crazy if you believe Belichick will reach for Nassib.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    If we had a decent defense, we probably have 4 more wins. That would put us in playoff contention. That being said, this season would have been a disappointment, not a failure that it is now. So, is it Palmer or the supporting cast?
    I think our offense kept us out of contention, we couldn't get in the end zone if the opposing teams just stood on the line of scrimmage and allowed us.

vCash
    An offense that can't score can't be overcome by good defense. A bad defense can be overcome by an offense that can score enough points.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    The insanity part of it all is 99% of the residents here are frightened to move into new waters, you live in the past with some crazy illusion that history will keep repeating itself, and suddenly 30 years with no rings have gone by.

We`ve had more success with journeymen ? How many journeymen have the Raiders had over the last 30 years? You will find the average of your illusion isn`t acceptable, Oakland has been peddling journeymen for several years now, it`s not working if you haven`t noticed.

Another laughable example is Rich Gannon, he didn`t lead anyone to gold. I don`t see any World Championship banners flying over the stadium. If Gannon acheived so much then Donovan McNabb must be a god, playing in 5 NFC championship games and matching Gannon with a Super Bowl loss, it`s time for everyone to chase new dreams and store all the excuses forever sealed in the attic.
    The raiders never drafted good QB's because Davis didn't know how to draft a QB ,he only need as strong arm ....period,didn't work! He wanted Pastorini over Plunkett,Lamonica over Stabler ,he drafted Russell instead of Calvin Johnson and on and on and on.Oakland never peddled journeyman QB's Davis did. Gannon brought a work ethic and high expectations of his teammates and got results.
    Davis let go of Gruden before he could finish the job and th end result was Gruden making a decent QB of Johnson and winning a SB with Tampa,that's not Gannons fault and if you believe wins and losses come down to one individual than I have a bridge to sell you.

vCash
    How much for the bridge? That one indivisual is the head coach!
    Last edited by dogdaddy; 12-29-2012 at 12:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    if you believe wins and losses come down to one individual than I have a bridge to sell you.
    I`m sure the Denver Broncos would be 12 - 3 with Carson Palmer, you`re not selling any bridges today young man. You guys are never gonna see the light, I swear.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    Where's that confounded bridge?

-Plant

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    An offense that can't score can't be overcome by good defense. A bad defense can be overcome by an offense that can score enough points.
    So you don't think the defense contributed to this mess?
    The defense has looked good lately because we've played anemic
    teams. Have we forgotten Baltimore, Tampa, Cleveland, etc?
    They got lit up like a Christmas tree.
    To answer the original question...no, Palmer is not to blame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Where's that confounded bridge?

-Plant
    Dancin days are here again

vCash
    [QUOTE=the_firm_09;24893667]I`m sure the Denver Broncos would be 12 - 3 with Carson Palmer, you`re not selling any bridges today young man. You guys are never gonna see the light, I swear.[/QUOTE

12-3 with Palmer maybe not ,but with that kind of logic are you saying the Raiders would be 10-6 with Manning? Denver isn't 12-3 solely because of Manning,there is such a thing as defense and Denver leads the league,they have 48+ sacks and a stud in Von Miller. They got to the play-offs with Tim Freakin' Tebow because their defense was solid,Manning was a huge piece to their success,we are about 13 pieces away from not just success but consistancy. Like I said it doesn't just come down to one player...............or coach.

vCash
    I've got to Ramble On!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superglue View Post
    Bruised ribs and lungs is hardly a career ender. Even with broken ribs, I don't see why he couldn't recover 100% in time for mini camp.

Carson has been through much worse than that.
    Being drafted by Cincy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Although they had a terrible stretch and tons of injuries, they've kept us in as many games as their given away. A simple drive here or there would help... Knapp is terrible at clock management and taking advantage of defensive stops and turnovers.

I personally think it is the opposite and that this defense is not as bad as we think. They are much improved with a skeleton secondary and a purple drank MLB.

vCash
    The secondary should be the first issue they address.
    The pass coverage wasn't good. It's almost as if they knew that and played not to get beat on one play. If they get 2 good cover corners, that frees up others for other tactics.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast