Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 61
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,222
    vCash
    1500
    Lakers don't want LBJ
    LBJ don't want Lakers

    = Good for both of us

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    8,266
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    No thanks.

    Once Dwight is at 100% everyone will be kissing his *** again
    this.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,249
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by friarfan07 View Post
    lol. cuz kobe doesn't "do better" when he's "dominating the ball"?

    that is the worst statement ever. who can be great if they don't touch the ball? 7 assists/game, 27.6 ppg, 9 boards/game and 1 block/game are astounding stats, and they are owned by lebron.

    i feel the need to explain i don't care for lebron, but i won't deny his talent or the fact that a lineup including gasol, lebron, kobe, nash and metta would be unstoppable.
    No it's actually not the worst statement ever. Getting touches is different from dominating the ball. If you watch labron play, he usually does lots and lots of dribbling more so than most players in the history of the league. Kobe does not dominate the ball on the same level as labron. Kobe usually gets it and takes a shot or makes a move within a few seconds of touching the ball. Dominating the ball as labron does is going to lead to some stat inflation. It doesn't mean he's not great, but guys like magic, jordan, bird, and even kobe put up similar numbers without holding the ball the massive majority of time your team possess it.

    I never said Labron wasn't a great player, just not in the top 5 and probably not top 10 at the moment either, probably will be when he's done though. But doesn't belong in the GOAT conversation at the moment.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    Posts
    14,692
    vCash
    500
    I'd rather have Lebron than Dwight.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,970
    vCash
    1500
    if we can get lebron in 2014 we MUST get him.

    Dont be ****ing stupid kobe fanboys.

    its the best thing for the FRANCHISE.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    15,036
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    No it's actually not the worst statement ever. Getting touches is different from dominating the ball. If you watch labron play, he usually does lots and lots of dribbling more so than most players in the history of the league. Kobe does not dominate the ball on the same level as labron. Kobe usually gets it and takes a shot or makes a move within a few seconds of touching the ball. Dominating the ball as labron does is going to lead to some stat inflation. It doesn't mean he's not great, but guys like magic, jordan, bird, and even kobe put up similar numbers without holding the ball the massive majority of time your team possess it.

    I never said Labron wasn't a great player, just not in the top 5 and probably not top 10 at the moment either, probably will be when he's done though. But doesn't belong in the GOAT conversation at the moment.
    obviously his career isn't over yet, but right now, he projects as the GOAT in my book based on stats. for you to not even consider him top 10 all time tells me i don't care to continue this conversation. you are in the minority in your thinking.

    your talk about dominating the ball doesn't hold any water. lebron = 7 assists per game on his career. kobe = 4.7. try again.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,249
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by friarfan07 View Post
    obviously his career isn't over yet, but right now, he projects as the GOAT in my book based on stats. for you to not even consider him top 10 all time tells me i don't care to continue this conversation. you are in the minority in your thinking.

    your talk about dominating the ball doesn't hold any water. lebron = 7 assists per game on his career. kobe = 4.7. try again.
    Someone dominating the ball like labron does is naturally going to have more assist. The person with the ball in their hands the most has the most chances to make a play. A few years back I collected data as a fun side project, where I had an old sports psych lab I used to be a member of collect data on the top 10 players in the league on a few things that aren't readily available, such as how long a player spends with the ball in their hands. And Labron won out, it wasn't even close.

    And I am not in the minority in thinking he may not be in the top 10 at the moment. The media just makes it seem that way because it's good marketing. You want to project your current stars as being the best ever. But arguing someone is in the conversation for GOAT because of their stats is pretty silly. But since you want to focus on stats, if you adjust for the disproportionate amount of time labron dribbles the ball (which I did back in 2010 when we collected the data), labron's PER was like 5th not number 1 as other PER rankings have it.

    Again, not saying he's not great, just not anywhere close to being the GOAT, not right now.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 12-28-2012 at 03:41 PM.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,787
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 310Casper View Post
    lol speak for yourself buddy.

    LA fans would have a parade if lebron put on a laker jersey.
    Quote Originally Posted by friarfan07 View Post
    obviously his career isn't over yet, but right now, he projects as the GOAT in my book based on stats. for you to not even consider him top 10 all time tells me i don't care to continue this conversation. you are in the minority in your thinking.

    your talk about dominating the ball doesn't hold any water. lebron = 7 assists per game on his career. kobe = 4.7. try again.
    Who gives a **** about stats? I don't care about an individual players stats if it doesn't amount to him WINNING RINGS. I wouldn't care about all of Kobe's accolades if he hadn't won 5 rings in LA. Don't sound like these other fans who aren't used to their team winning and just want some guy here because he's cool. I want a winner on my team, Lebron isnt a winner. He's a great player, but not a winner. When I say winner, I mean strong will to win. He does not have that at all... Lebron and all of his "stats" have amounted to two failed finals appearances. One was embarrasing to say the least. So no, not all Laker fans want him here. And how thge hell can you project to be the GOAT? How old are you little man?

    And lol@ whats good for the franchise. You realize that if he comes to the Lakers it will be two franchises that he lest high and dry. He has no loyalty.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    537
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 310Casper View Post
    lol speak for yourself buddy.

    LA fans would have a parade if lebron put on a laker jersey.
    we don't need lebron 4 no rings he can stay where he is durant will be the best player in 3 yrs anyways so no thxs. i cant even imagine him in the purple and gold i rather have dwight hes hurt give him time

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,249
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    Who gives a **** about stats? I don't care about an individual players stats if it doesn't amount to him WINNING RINGS. I wouldn't care about all of Kobe's accolades if he hadn't won 5 rings in LA. Don't sound like these other fans who aren't used to their team winning and just want some guy here because he's cool. I want a winner on my team, Lebron isnt a winner. He's a great player, but not a winner. When I say winner, I mean strong will to win. He does not have that at all... Lebron and all of his "stats" have amounted to two failed finals appearances. One was embarrasing to say the least. So no, not all Laker fans want him here. And how thge hell can you project to be the GOAT? How old are you little man?

    And lol@ whats good for the franchise. You realize that if he comes to the Lakers it will be two franchises that he lest high and dry. He has no loyalty.
    Exactly! There's been lots of guys who put up great numbers, but they just don't win. And let's be honest, he won a title in a shortened season and were it not for horrible calls and the celtics being banged up, it would have been okc and boston in the finals. Not sure miami can do it in a regular, full length season.

  11. 12-28-2012, 04:12 PM
    Reason
    Leave the insults out of it.

  12. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,321
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lakersiznumber1 View Post
    we don't need lebron 4 no rings he can stay where he is durant will be the best player in 3 yrs anyways so no thxs. i cant even imagine him in the purple and gold i rather have dwight hes hurt give him time
    Lebron has a ring. Now that he's on a team that surrounds him with great talent (just like Kobe had the advantage of having as well), he has won a ring and is in position to win another this year.

    This isnt 2009. You can no longer use the "no ring" argument on lebron.

  13. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, New York City
    Posts
    2,090
    vCash
    1500
    Sorry...no interest in "Le-NeverWillBeBetterThanKobe". I don't care how much he wins or doesn't win in Miami. By 2014, he would be a re-tread player going on his third team and who will be entering the back of his career, yet expecting $$$ that only desperate teams pay out to players like that.

    The Lakers and their fans need to get it through their brain that OKC is the model NBA franchise now. You need to build success through youth in the draft and develop your own superstars, not by assembling a motley bag of cats consisting of aging, overpaid free agents that never deliver on the promise from their old highlight clips.

  14. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,321
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    The first one to go is going to be Gasol. Then Kobe will resign for less and stay for at least two more years. Howard is here to stay and another super star will join Howard and Kobe to continue the tradition.
    Has kobe actually gone on record and hinted he'd sign for less? Or is this just an assumption by psd laker fans?

    I know he's hinted at retiring in 2 years and passing the torch to dwight. However, the way kobe is still playing with all that mileage on his legs, i can honestly see him playing another 4-5 years in the league. For him to sign for much less after these 2 years would be an amazing help for the franchise, but for some reason, I dont see Kobe doing that. Sure he wont demand max money, but I can still see him expecting near 20mill/year, and I dont blame him for that.

    I hope im wrong.

  15. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,249
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 310Casper View Post
    Lebron has a ring. Now that he's on a team that surrounds him with great talent (just like Kobe had the advantage of having as well), he has won a ring and is in position to win another this year.

    This isnt 2009. You can no longer use the "no ring" argument on lebron.
    He has a ring, but it comes with an asterisk. Shortened seasons allow for teams who would not otherwise make it to have a better chance. Doubt they beat boston last year if that were a full regular season, as it was they were very fortunate to beat them.

  16. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    15,590
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 310Casper View Post
    Has kobe actually gone on record and hinted he'd sign for less? Or is this just an assumption by psd laker fans?

    I know he's hinted at retiring in 2 years and passing the torch to dwight. However, the way kobe is still playing with all that mileage on his legs, i can honestly see him playing another 4-5 years in the league. For him to sign for much less after these 2 years would be an amazing help for the franchise, but for some reason, I dont see Kobe doing that. Sure he wont demand max money, but I can still see him expecting near 20mill/year, and I dont blame him for that.

    I hope im wrong.
    He hinted that he might continue to play. For how much I do not know,but he can play for around 10 to 9 mill a year. I do not think the Lakers be willing to offer more. Nash is playing at 39 years,so Kobe can. Just connecting the dots! Lakers have to acquire another super star to play along with Howard. I personally feel that Lebron is a long shot,but it is the LAkers! Right now I do not think this team is going anywhere and it is my only worry. Jimbaco will destroy this franchise before even we could continue to discuss the future here. The present is terrible!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •