Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    I think we'll get a vet. Kap still needs to grow, theres no need to waste time grooming his back up right now.

vCash
    You have to admit Alex looked pretty good as a backup against the Cards. Even though it won't happen.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    You have to admit Alex looked pretty good as a backup against the Cards. Even though it won't happen.
    If Alex Smith was a backup next year, he'd be the best backups in the league. However, there is a zero percent chance he is the backup here next year because here is no way the team is paying him the $9.75 mil he's due and he won't restructure because he will want to be cut so he can try and find a starting gig elsewhere.

vCash
    Exactly. Sadly he would still rather start for the 49ers.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

vCash
    There is also the option to draft a QB and let Tolzein be the #2. Colin Klein might be a good option to consider in the 6th/7th round.

vCash
    yeah rap garcia was a really good player, but didn't seem AS good at the time since he was after Young and Montana. 3 straight pro bowls with us... one of the best QB's in the league at the time. Any 49er fan that says he was alright or okay is just being fooled by the Steve Young effect. Garcia was a really good player

vCash
    edit: double post
    Last edited by tapajafri; 01-01-2013 at 10:44 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    There is also the option to draft a QB and let Tolzein be the #2. Colin Klein might be a good option to consider in the 6th/7th round.
    I'm good with this. I am 100% confident in Tolzein's ability to step in an win if Keapernick were to get hurt. Extremely intelligent, quick decision maker and very accurate. He struggles a little with deep accuracy, but I do think that will improve. If one of the better safeties in the league compares you to Drew Brees...you've got something. If Kaepernick gets hurt and misses a few weeks next year...the Niners will have a HUGE trade option with Tolzein.

vCash
    I think several bad teams will move onto other QB's for their starter next year... and we could pick up one of those "ex-starters" as a backup...

Not necessarily "the future" but serviceable... Not sure what kind of future Cassel has or the back up in Jacksonville who put up numbers. There's talk that Tennessee wants a QB so maybe Locker?
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    I think several bad teams will move onto other QB's for their starter next year... and we could pick up one of those "ex-starters" as a backup...

Not necessarily "the future" but serviceable... Not sure what kind of future Cassel has or the back up in Jacksonville who put up numbers. There's talk that Tennessee wants a QB so maybe Locker?
    I don't think Cassel fits anything the Niners want to do. Several reasons. First, he's not mobile at all. Second...he sucks!

If Jacksonville cuts ties with Gabbert all together I would be fine with him being on the roster. I didn't want him in the top 10...but I have no problem with him being there. If Tennessee is dumb enough to give up on Locker...that would be AWESOME!!

I don't see either of those last two things happening though.

vCash
    I think Harbaugh will always want a "toy" to play with, be it a late round or undrafted QB, something as a project. I don't see a lot of interest in old veteran guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Exactly. Sadly he would still rather start for the 49ers.
    I honestly don't think this is true anymore. I think Alex feels he has been Shyt on for the last time here and would rather move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yeolde9erfan View Post
    I honestly don't think this is true anymore. I think Alex feels he has been Shyt on for the last time here and would rather move on.
    heard some sports talk show hosts say no player has been screwed over more and more by his own organization multiple times than Alex Smith has..... in NFL history. These were national talk show hosts btw, not local.

Anyone agree with that assessment? Hard to think of any other player in history who can compare

vCash
    I would have called in and ripped the host for being a closet Seahawk fan and tell him to take his blue and green shades off, then scan twitter for KNBR-caller-esque tweets of myself.

It's clearly an exaggeration and a slight at the organization.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    heard some sports talk show hosts say no player has been screwed over more and more by his own organization multiple times than Alex Smith has..... in NFL history. These were national talk show hosts btw, not local.

Anyone agree with that assessment? Hard to think of any other player in history who can compare
    He has to be up there on the list at the very least.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast