Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

It's official...Dolans sell!!! STO to Fox

Not quite the headline that many Tribe fans would love to see...but it will become official today that STO has been sold to Fox for $230 million. It is not known now whether FOX will keep the STO channel going past the 2013 season, but they will pay the Tribe roughly $10 million more than STO had been paying for broadcast rights for Tribe games.

I think that it would be wise for them to keep both FoxSportsOhio and SportsTimeOhio going as trying to get around having the Reds, Tribe, and Cavaliers while also having Ohio High School championships, Columbus Crew, Columbus Blue Jackets (if the NHL ever gets going again), their coverage of Xavier, U of Cincy, and MAC athletics over the years...I don't see one network being able to handle all while keeping the largest portion of viewers happy. Could be another ESPN situation where they start a FSO1 and FSO2 station...one focusing on the Tribe, Cavaliers, Mac sports, OHSAA championships and the other focusing on the Reds, Xavier, Bearcats sports, Crew, Blue Jackets. Having two networks would also allow them to broadcast more Ohio High School football games in the fall, be it Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night games...they would have the north and the south covered, which would me happy as a high school football fan.

vCash
    Honestly I agree and really hope they keep a separate channel for Cleveland sports. Cavs, Indians, Gladiators, Monsters, Vikings, Zips, MAC tournament. Just that alone is enough to support a channel. I don't think many people in NE Ohio care about the Reds or Bluejackets.

vCash
    10mill a year more? I fully expect to see this money invested into the Indians team not the Dolans pocket. and no Dolans, Swisher is not enough.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    10mill a year more? I fully expect to see this money invested into the Indians team not the Dolans pocket. and no Dolans, Swisher is not enough.
    you should send him a memo of your expectations.

vCash
    same as anyone else's. do everything it takes to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    Not quite the headline that many Tribe fans would love to see...but it will become official today that STO has been sold to Fox for $230 million. It is not known now whether FOX will keep the STO channel going past the 2013 season, but they will pay the Tribe roughly $10 million more than STO had been paying for broadcast rights for Tribe games.

I think that it would be wise for them to keep both FoxSportsOhio and SportsTimeOhio going as trying to get around having the Reds, Tribe, and Cavaliers while also having Ohio High School championships, Columbus Crew, Columbus Blue Jackets (if the NHL ever gets going again), their coverage of Xavier, U of Cincy, and MAC athletics over the years...I don't see one network being able to handle all while keeping the largest portion of viewers happy. Could be another ESPN situation where they start a FSO1 and FSO2 station...one focusing on the Tribe, Cavaliers, Mac sports, OHSAA championships and the other focusing on the Reds, Xavier, Bearcats sports, Crew, Blue Jackets. Having two networks would also allow them to broadcast more Ohio High School football games in the fall, be it Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night games...they would have the north and the south covered, which would me happy as a high school football fan.
    I really hope that they keep it the way it is with the two channels...As a diehard Reds fan, being an hour north of Dayton...it was always...I hope FSOhio has the Reds and not the Indians tonight! (And I am sure that it was the same way for you Indians fans as well...but I am right in the 'swing' zone between the two...there are maybe 5 to 10 Indians fans in my town...but the cutoff line is right around where I am...) Maybe they will keep both and name STO FSOhio North or something like that!
    Presenting the greatest announcing duo to grace the baseball world!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheRoo View Post
    Honestly I agree and really hope they keep a separate channel for Cleveland sports. Cavs, Indians, Gladiators, Monsters, Vikings, Zips, MAC tournament. Just that alone is enough to support a channel. I don't think many people in NE Ohio care about the Reds or Bluejackets.
    This is basically what I was getting at...therefore, well put!

vCash
    This is one of the few times I'm glad I'm out of the cable area and just use MLBtv. Don't have to worry about any of this

vCash
    I get both stations so don't think it will affect me. Hate to see STO go though.

vCash
    I get both stations so don't think it will affect me. Hate to see STO go though.
    I got both as well...but if STO goes away...it will either be Reds/Indians each night...unless they do two stations...one for each...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic19 View Post
    I got both as well...but if STO goes away...it will either be Reds/Indians each night...unless they do two stations...one for each...
    Ya i can't see them getting rid of STO its a money maker. Tick off alot of people thats for sure.

vCash
    As a dodger fan let me tell u something fox bought the team to get them to sign a ****** 20year TV contract and then trade mike piazza because it threatens the bottom line then sell the team to some parking lot owning A-Hole from Boston who buys the team on credit and ****s you for years. Know that u really really have my full sympathies and prayers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    As a dodger fan let me tell u something fox bought the team to get them to sign a ****** 20year TV contract and then trade mike piazza because it threatens the bottom line then sell the team to some parking lot owning A-Hole from Boston who buys the team on credit and ****s you for years. Know that u really really have my full sympathies and prayers
    They baught a station not the team

vCash
    They baught a station not the team
    I'm surprised you could actually understand what he said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTuzSea View Post
    I'm surprised you could actually understand what he said.
    haha well i understood alittle of it.