Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Glencairn
    Posts
    5,623
    vCash
    1500
    my mistake with the yardage, still though it is the NFL and these guys do have pride as well. im sure the pack isnt going to come out there and gift him that record, and if they have a good game, he probably doesnt make it to 2k. then what? still a great season, but not even in the top 5 all time? it doesnt mean anything really, he's still badass. just not that big a gap. i dont really watch that much viking football, but against the texans he did nothing in the air. is he one dimensional? a complete back? i mean people just on a whim throw him on the pedestal, and wow how amazing, his knee is bionic he healed in 2 weeks. i mean take it easy.

    steven jackson with a decent offensive line would be lethal i agree he's got plenty of tread left. he made a crappy line look decent for a long time too, i guess he's one of the few greats in the history of the game


    "If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    12,923
    vCash
    1500
    Like ManRamForPrez said, the gap between him and the other RB's is probably the biggest gap than any other position.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    There's this fallacy that you can just "plug in" HBs from lower rounds and have them do as good as guys in higher rounds that turn out to be good. While some do, it is no less/more possible with HBs than any other position in Football.

    Here are the Top HBs this year by yardage and what round they were drafted in:

    Adrian Peterson (1st)
    Marshawn Lynch (1st)
    Jamal Charles (3rd)
    Alfred Morris (6th)
    Arian Foster (Und.)
    Doug Martin (1st)
    Stevan Ridley (3rd)
    Chris Johnson (1st)
    CJ Spiller (1st)
    Frank Gore (3rd)
    Ray Rice (2nd)
    Ben Javarus Green-Ellis (Und.)
    Matt Forte (2nd)
    Steven Jackson (1st)
    Shawn Greene (3rd)
    Reggie Bush (1st)
    Trent Richardson (1st)
    Ahmad Bradshaw (7th)
    LeSean McCoy (2nd)
    Maurice Jones-Drew (2nd)

    Statistically 8/20 HBs this year were 1st rounders (40%). 16/20 were drafted in the first 3 rounds (80%)

    Bottom line, if you want to have a great Rushing attack you better be drafting a HB in the first 3 rounds...
    Im gonna steal this from you..
    Im tired of people always saying they can take any old running back and get results.

    Shanny did it for a few years running the ZBS in Denver, but people forget they already had a great line to protect a great QB. turns out that helps a little...

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    735
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakepeavy1344 View Post
    How you could even compare CJ2K and him is ridiculous. No doubt CJ had a historic season, but AP has been on top every year he has been in the league. Well You could give a damn good arguement. He's been the est for several years so hes nothing like cj2k, AP continues to dominate.Your acting like this is his first year on top. And what exactly is your criteria to get into the hall, to say that more of the top running backs this year will get in. The Hall is the best of the best, and yeah AP deserves to be in it, but as of right now we cant tell who else will be because of people like CJ2K. We need to see continued dominance as AP has done. And this is coming from a bears fan. AP is a machine.
    chris johnson can be compared to adrain peterson. they both have finished in the in the to p10 in most in yards almost every year they have played except for one. peterson is very explosive but not more explosive than johnson. At this stage in their careers I would have to take johnson as the better blocker and receiver. both have produced with no production from the qb. people forget that when johnson ran for 2000 kerry collins and vince young split time , there was no 1000 yard receiver and teams constantly stacked the box. the titans finished 8-8 also(not a losing team).he set the single season yards from scrimmage record. Chris johnson got no mvp votes for gaining over 2000 yards. That never happened in nfl history before. That year's mvp voting showed that the media should have no involvement in the process

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    867
    vCash
    1500
    Lets look at some of the worst backs in the league. Like Trent Richardson for example. The gap between him and AP is a lot smaller than the gap between Rodgers and Gabbert. QB's just have a larger range of performance. AP might gain 5.0 yards per carry for his career. A marginal back might gain 3.7

    Aaron Rodgers will put up 45 to 6, 39 to 8. Tom Brady will put up 50 to 8, 36 to 4. What do some of these sorry azz Cardinals QB's put up? I'd imagine it's horrid.

    Rodgers and Brady are miles ahead of the competition compared to AP being ahead of the backs.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,236
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    Lets look at some of the worst backs in the league. Like Trent Richardson for example. The gap between him and AP is a lot smaller than the gap between Rodgers and Gabbert. QB's just have a larger range of performance. AP might gain 5.0 yards per carry for his career. A marginal back might gain 3.7

    Aaron Rodgers will put up 45 to 6, 39 to 8. Tom Brady will put up 50 to 8, 36 to 4. What do some of these sorry azz Cardinals QB's put up? I'd imagine it's horrid.

    Rodgers and Brady are miles ahead of the competition compared to AP being ahead of the backs.
    Trent Richardson is one of the worst backs in the NFL?
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    867
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Trent Richardson is one of the worst backs in the NFL?
    Yes. He might be the worst featured back in the league. To average 3.6 yards per carry is terrible. He has no explosion what so ever. Still the gap between him and AP is much smaller than the one between Rodgers and Gabbert.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    Just curious, how much better is adrian peterson then the other running backs in the nfl?

    Ive always considered RB a very low priority. I think the line makes or breaks the back.

    LT, QB, CB, those are high priority positions... IMO.

    RB, you can grab a guy in the 5-6th round, and make a superstar pretty easy, based on the line you have, IMO...

    That being said, i think adrian peterson is diffrent. I would spend a 1st on him, high 1st. I think he is special.

    Obviously he is the best back in the nfl..

    my question is, do you think its close? how big is the gap?

    i think adrian is a top 5 back maybe in the history of the nfl. top 10... idk.. very very special. easily best back of the last 10 years. top 5 in the last 25....

    im a cowboys fan so not being a homer.. he is just one of the very few players i have total respect for, that i really root for outside my cowboys..

    so, on topic, is it close?

    adrian peterson vs. arian foster? or alfred morris? Chris johnson? mccoy? bush? charles? gore? anyone..

    how close? how much of a gap? would arian plus a 1st round pick equal peterson?

    just curious
    The gap is pretty big because of the versatility.

    He can run over people, he can outrun people, he can make people miss, he can block and hes got decent hands, is so-so with ball security. Only other top RBs I can think of that can do all those things well are MJD and Ray Rice but neither do of those many (if any) of those things better than AP. All the other talent backs in the league are very strong in an area(s) but are less than stellar at other attributes.
    PSD's c_reinert

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    Yes. He might be the worst featured back in the league. To average 3.6 yards per carry is terrible. He has no explosion what so ever. Still the gap between him and AP is much smaller than the one between Rodgers and Gabbert.
    3.6 yards per carry isnt terrible at all... That in theory means that in 3 carries youre averaging a first down. Here are some all time great RBs who had around the same YPA in their career:

    Jerome Bettis (HOF)
    John Riggins (HOF)
    Eddie George
    Rudi Johnson




    Also, the Browns have a non-threatening passing game allowing opponents to stack against the run. Not to mention they have issues at both Guard spots. Trent Richardson is hardly one of the worst featured back in the league. He had a very strong rookie season.

    Starting RBs worse than Richardson:
    Anyone on the Colts roster
    Anyone on the Pats roster
    Anyone on the Packers roster
    Anyone on the Broncos roster
    Anyone on the Lions roster
    Anyone on the New Orleans roster
    Anyone on the Jets roster
    Anyone on the San Diego roster
    Anyone on the Carolina roster
    Anyone on the Miami roster
    Anyone on the Buffalo roster
    Anyone on the Pittsburgh roster
    Anyone on the Bengals roster
    Anyone on the Arizona roster
    Anyone on the Giants roster
    Anyone on the Dallas roster

    At the very least hes top 15-20 and even that's an exaggeration
    Last edited by c_reinert; 01-21-2013 at 10:41 PM.
    PSD's c_reinert

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    867
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    3.6 yards per carry isnt terrible at all... That in theory means that in 3 carries youre averaging a first down. Here are some all time great RBs who had around the same YPA in their career:
    Yes it is. It's gotta be one of the worst in the league for a featured back. Might be.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    Yes it is. It's gotta be one of the worst in the league for a featured back. Might be.
    Good job, you managed to reply to roughly 1/3 of the argument presented to you.

    Also Michael Turner and had the same average and Darren McFadden had a worse average. Thats 2 feature backs worse statistically, despite the fact that they both have better OL and have many more years of NFL experience
    PSD's c_reinert

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    867
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    Good job, you managed to reply to roughly 1/3 of the argument presented to you.

    Also Michael Turner and had the same average and Darren McFadden had a worse average. Thats 2 feature backs worse statistically, despite the fact that they both have better OL and have many more years of NFL experience
    Michael turner average the same ypc. Congrats T-Rich 1 featured back this year was worst than you.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,020
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    Michael turner average the same ypc. Congrats T-Rich 1 featured back this year was worst than you.
    Did you mean worse? And did you miss the Darren McFadden part?

    And since when is YPA the only way to evaluate if a RB is any good? Are you going to tell me that Michael Turner and Darren McFadden (when healthy) are the worst 2 RBs in the NFL? And are you going to say that CJ Spiller is just as good as Adrian Peterson? Or that the backups for Baltimore and Philadelphia are better than Ray Rice and Lesean McCoy?

    Again, I provided numerous pieces of evidence and your argument revolves around you ignoring most of them...

    Youre either trolling or have the mental capacity of an autistic goldfish
    PSD's c_reinert

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    867
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    Did you mean worse? And did you miss the Darren McFadden part?

    And since when is YPA the only way to evaluate if a RB is any good? Are you going to tell me that Michael Turner and Darren McFadden (when healthy) are the worst 2 RBs in the NFL? And are you going to say that CJ Spiller is just as good as Adrian Peterson? Or that the backups for Baltimore and Philadelphia are better than Ray Rice and Lesean McCoy?

    Again, I provided numerous pieces of evidence and your argument revolves around you ignoring most of them...

    Youre either trolling or have the mental capacity of an autistic goldfish
    No ypc is probably the best way to evaluate runners. That and total rushing yards. Efficiency flat out matters. Yes as a pure runner Pierce is better than Rice. He is faster and stronger. More explosive. Rice starts though because of his exceptional durability, receiving and blocking and he's a great runner too. Pierce however is the type of back who given his chances can go over 1600 yards.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •