Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

Who will be the next coach to get canned?

Well, I think Avery Johnson made history by getting canned. He is (as far as I know, and I may be wrong about this), the first coach to win "Coach of the month" one month, and then end up getting fired before the following month is up. Sam Mitchell of course managed to get Coach of the Year and then get fired the following season, but that is a little different.

So... the question now is: Who will be the next coach to get fired? The Clippers are on a 15-game winning streak, which will surely get VDN the "Coach of the month" honours, but that said, they were on a 4-game losing streak before that streak started that had fans calling for his job. Perhaps a little premature. VDN and the Clippers are doing well now, but VDN's job was certainly one of the ones that many thought might not last out the season. But it would be hard o fire a guy who has coached you to the best record in the NBA.

Then the is the other LA team: 'Antoni has managed to win a few games, but the team is still below .500 and the Lakers have high expectations. How long will they tolerate hovering at .500?

Lawrence Frank seems to be reluctant to give Andre Drummond the minutes he shoudl be getting, and the Pistons are near the bottom of the division, but I since expectations weren't very high going into the season, I don't expect that Frank will be fired before the end of the season.

The Kings have some real talent on their roster, and while Keith Smart seems like a great guy, he isn't getting as much milage out of the talent he has, but like Detroit, there weren't high expectations coming into the season, so he may be safe until the offseason.

And of course there are the Wizards, owners of an 8-game losing steak and the worst record in the league, though Wall has been injured all season. That said, I think it was fair to expect some improvement in this roster and not such a drastic regression.

Who do you think will be next to lose their job?
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Keith Smart. Not a ton was expected from the Kings, but this was supposed to be a year where their center became a star. Instead, Demarcus seems pissed off and is regressing. Thomas Robinson hasn't looked too good, Evans isn't doing great. But Demarcus to me is the biggest issue. He doesn't have to appease to his every move, but their system is different from what they practiced before.

I say Smart is gone by mid January.
    Then Washnington's coach.

Then possibly Philly if they keep falling off. Probably not though, since they have a gap in no Bynum.

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

vCash
    As a Pistons fan I pray it Lawrence Frank

vCash
    the only way I can see VDN getting fired is to make room for phil. And on that win streak of theirs, I just don't see it happening.

vCash
    D'Antoni. Lakers are shitcanning 2 coaches before the ASB.
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

vCash
    Randy Whittman.

vCash
    People were saying Utah's Corbin, but I think he is great. He isn't Sloan, but he is the closest we will get to playing Jazz Basketball.

I don't want to be like the Lakers, where we turn into our rivals team by getting their coach and main PG.

vCash
    Lakers aren't going to hand D'Antoni 12mil to go home. They'd become the laughing stock of the NBA if they fired two coaches in the same season.
    He'll be there until at least mid next year or after that season.

vCash
    Yeah that would be whack. I mean if its an intermin coach, and you fire him after he took over for your fired head coach, that is different. But to fire a guy and bring in a replacement, just to fire him and bring in an intermin, well that is whack.
    Like Utah just put Assistant Coach Corbin as Intermin, then finally decided to offer him the position after it was decided that Sloan wasn't coming back, and that no other coach could run "Jazz Basketball". If they fired Corbin it wouldn't have been as big of deal.

I just find it even more crazy cause Nash and Antoni are rivals of LAL!
    Last edited by RyanStorm; 12-28-2012 at 02:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    As a Pistons fan I pray it Lawrence Frank
    As a Pistons fan that's not going to happen.

Get this guy the ball!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    D'Antoni. Lakers are [canning] 2 coaches before the ASB.
    Seriously, I think it will be D'Antoni if the Lakers are still hovering at or below .500 at that point of the season.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Keith Smart

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    As a Pistons fan that's not going to happen.
    As a Knicks fan I'll say that totally won't happen.

I got to say the clock is ticking on....Randy Whittman.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    Keith Smart. Not a ton was expected from the Kings, but this was supposed to be a year where their center became a star. Instead, Demarcus seems pissed off and is regressing. Thomas Robinson hasn't looked too good, Evans isn't doing great. But Demarcus to me is the biggest issue. He doesn't have to appease to his every move, but their system is different from what they practiced before.

I say Smart is gone by mid January.
    Then Washnington's coach.

Then possibly Philly if they keep falling off. Probably not though, since they have a gap in no Bynum.
    Falling off? when did this happen?

2012 allstar

vCash
    Dantoni? Smart? Wittman?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast