Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Do you guys think the Rangers will make a play for Giancarlo Stanton?

I've read a few articles about it being a possibility online lately but I haven't heard any discussion about this on PSD.

Do you guys see Nolan Ryan and co making a play at Giancarlo Stanton of the Miami Marlins?

37 HR
    86 RBI
    .290 BA
    .360 OBP

.265 BA and .417 OBP with runners on to replace Hamilton's .296 BA and .392 OBP with runners on.

Could be a nice replacement OF whose very young and acquirable.

It'd most likely take Olt +.

vCash
    If it just took Olt ++, every Rangers fan would be on board. As it is, the conversation seems to START with the Rangers top 3 prospects and it seems to have the fane base split down the middle. If JD and Nolan can somehow get Stanton away from Miami for anything other than including Profar, I'd consider it a good trade. If the Rangers could get Stanton and keep Profar, it would dramatically help the future of the Texas franchise... I just don't think it's possible.

vCash
    I wonder if the Marlins would take Elvis in a trade, rather than Profar. In order for the trade to be approved, Selig would want to see Miami taking on some sort of salary. If the Marlins picked up Elvis, he could be someone that they flip next offseason. So in theory, it would ultimately net the Marlins a bigger haul.

Olt, Elvis, Perez, ++ for Stanton

I had the pleasure of watching Stanton play in person a couple times last year. He is an absolute beast. I would go bonkers if we were able to get him.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    If Stanton becomes available, you do whatever you can to get him. I think the Marlins would want Profar because he is longer under team control.

vCash
    I think he'd feel Hamilton's shoes quite nicely and he'll only get better.

vCash
    While I would love to add stanton, I still think pitching will be an issue for us and I would rather throw the farm at a David price over stanton. But who knows when he will be available.....if we were to make a trade, no doubt it would start with profar and perez

vCash
    It's ignorant to think Stanton would cost anything less than Profar, Olt, and then some.

vCash
    For me, it's a no-brainer.

How often do guys of Stanton's caliber and upside come available so young in their careers when they are both affordable and controllable?

I would readily give up Profar, Olt and Perez to get him here in Arlington.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    l would give almost anything for Stanton. However, I really think Elvis makes more sense for the Marlins. Let's say the Rangers give up Olt, Perez, Elvis and 2 other prospects. The Marlins give up Stanton and someone else. The Marlins then have two top prospects and a legitimate All-Star at SS.

Then next offseason, or even at the break, the Marlins trade Elvis to another team. Elvis would undoubtedly pick up 2-3 more top tier prospects for Miami. Having Elvis in the fold would essentially net the Marlins 4-5 top tier prospects, and a handful of other mid-tier prospects.

It would be a double dose of talent infusion for the Marlins. Because of this (in my opinion) Miami should want Elvis over Profar.

Quest to watch a game in all 30 baseball stadiums, so far I have seen: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, LA Angels, LA Dodgers, Miami, NY Mets, NY Yankees, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, St. Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Texas, Toronto, Washington

vCash
    anyone but darvish for the guy!!! get him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Rangers View Post
    l would give almost anything for Stanton. However, I really think Elvis makes more sense for the Marlins. Let's say the Rangers give up Olt, Perez, Elvis and 2 other prospects. The Marlins give up Stanton and someone else. The Marlins then have two top prospects and a legitimate All-Star at SS.

Then next offseason, or even at the break, the Marlins trade Elvis to another team. Elvis would undoubtedly pick up 2-3 more top tier prospects for Miami. Having Elvis in the fold would essentially net the Marlins 4-5 top tier prospects, and a handful of other mid-tier prospects.

It would be a double dose of talent infusion for the Marlins. Because of this (in my opinion) Miami should want Elvis over Profar.
    while this does make sense, I doubt the Marlins FO would be smart enough to view it that way and so they would just demand Profar.

vCash
    It's gonna start with Profar, Olt, Perez...then a couple nice add ins. And I would do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Rangers View Post

I had actually never thought about that, in terms of Elvis instead of Profar. But on the same hand a prospect like Profar isn't available for trade very often either. I agree they'd probably get a better return in total if they got Elvis instead of Profar, I just don't think they'll see it that way.
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

vCash
    They're PROSPECTS! Dump them and get the proven commodity. DONE!

vCash
    We won't do any of this. I'm not going to even bother commenting on it. We can pretty much close the book on this offseason and start preparing for the regular season.

Seriously guys, its over.
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast