Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Iman Shumpert : Cleared for Full Contact by Team Doctors! [Post 117]

First off this article was written by Berman... , however he says Iman will start practicing with the team after the roadtrip

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Iman Shumpert said he will join the Knicks for Sunday’s practice on a limited basis when the club returns from its West Coast trip, but is not ready to be cleared for contact — the final step to his long-awaited return.

Shumpert declined to pick a target date because he said it hinges on how his knee responds to his first contact scrimmage. And Shumpert said Raymond Felton’s pinkie fracture will not speed up the process as he inches closer to his season debut following surgery last spring to repair a torn ACL.

“It’s not going to change anything,’’ Shumpert told The Post. “Felton has nothing to do with my knee. My knee is my knee.’’

Friday is exactly eight months since he tore his ACL in Miami in Game 1 of the playoffs. The Knicks set a six-to-eight month timetable for his return.

Shumpert has said he and his flattop should return in January, but he won’t beat Amar’e Stoudemire, expected back Jan. 1 vs. Portland and who will scrimmage with the Knicks for the first time Sunday.

“I’m starting to do conditioning and non-contact stuff with the team,’’ Shumpert said. “I’m going to start a little bit more with them when we get back. Then it’s up to the trainers.’’

Shumpert practiced on a limited basis with the Knicks’ D-League team, Erie, when it was in town last week. The key, once Shumpert is cleared for contact, is to watch for swelling around the knee. Shumpert is the lone young Knick building block after a First Team All-Rookie campaign. Mike Woodson said on Christmas he is “desperately’’ awaiting Shumpert’s return.

* J.R. Smith, whose initials were spelled out on The Post’s backpage as “J.ust R.idiculous’’ after his 20-foot buzzerbeater Wednesday in Phoenix, is amidst his career year, partly because he has defended frenetically. To go along with his second buzzer-beater this month off an inbounds with one second left, Smith had five steals in Phoenix and has hustled more this season than in his first eight combined.

“I’m trying to get the hand on the ball more than anything and get loose balls,’’ said Smith, who also committed a flagrant foul in upending Goran Dragic on a fastbreak. Smith said he could play some point guard in Felton’s absence.

“If that’s what the game calls for,’’ Smith said. “When Melo [Carmelo Anthony comes back, I’ll be more playmaker. I’m up for the challenge.’’

* The Knicks have listed Anthony, who is second among forwards in the most recent All-Star voting, as questionable for Friday night’s game against the Kings after he missed Wednesday’s game with a hyperextended left knee.

Anthony injured his knee on Christmas Day in Los Angeles when Marcus Camby fell on it. Woodson said Anthony wouldn’t undergo further tests, indicating the injury wasn’t serious, but gave no time frame for his return.

Anthony could be saving himself for Jan. 1 and Stoudemire’s season debut. It was the fifth game the MVP candidate has missed this season and the Knicks are 3-2 in those games
    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...j87sILwZsTK3bI

vCash
    good read hopefully my favorite player can come off the bench soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    I hope he still has his springz.........

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R.DOBBZ127 View Post
    I hope he still has his springz.........
    He will!!
    There is no question. If Peterson can come back the way he did, no doubt Shump will do the same

I can't wait to see him back on the court.
    He'll be playing such good D that he will probably getting kicked in the ball sack by Wade

vCash
    Well one can only hope that he comes back with his explosiveness. I noticed after the MCL sprain that he didn't have the same hops. So maybe with the surgery and the rehab, he will return with the same athletism.

vCash
    No reason to rush anyone back from injury right now. We are 21-8 and sitting pretty and should be able to get a W in Sac-town with ease. It's a long season.

vCash
    We have a sticky

stop making me scroll down for relevance

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    He will!!
    There is no question. If Peterson can come back the way he did, no doubt Shump will do the same

I can't wait to see him back on the court.
    He'll be playing such good D that he will probably getting kicked in the ball sack by Wade
    Peterson is a different animal with an insane workout regime. To expect Shumpert to come back as strong and quickly as Adrian did is unfair.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Peterson is a different animal with an insane workout regime. To expect Shumpert to come back as strong and quickly as Adrian did is unfair.
    all we hear is shump in the gym all the time biting at the bit?

How can you make that call unless your there?

I think rook is working just as hard in my opinion from what the coach and players have said.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    all we hear is shump in the gym all the time biting at the bit?

How can you make that call unless your there?

I think rook is working just as hard in my opinion from what the coach and players have said.
    Does Shump's workout routine look like this:

Adrian Peterson Workout Routine

Adrian Peterson works with strength coach and personal trainer, Eric Sugarman. Best charachterized by his Oklahoma Sooner’s athletic director, the intangible that Adrian Peterson has is his intrinsic drive. Adrian Peterson workouts can last for up to six hours!

Monday Workout Routine = Conditioning & Upper Body

5 x 400 yard sprints
    4 x 300 yard sprints
    3 x 100 yard sprints
    10 x 10 yard starts
    1 hour break for recovery
    Dumbbell Shrugs (1 set of 10)
    Barbell Bench Press (3 sets of 10)
    Incline Bench Press (3 sets of 10)
    Shoulder Press (3 sets of 10)
    Triceps Push-downs (3 sets of 10)
    Cable Crossovers (3 sets of 10)
    Reverse Flys (3 sets of 10)
    Tuesday Workout Routine = Lower Body & Agility Drills

Lunges
    Single-leg Squats
    Barbell Squat
    Hamstring Leg Curls
    Calf Raises
    1 hour break followed by Agility drills:
    Cone drills, (Circle, Square, sideline to sideline)
    Direction change drills
    Knee box ups
    Half-gashers
    Three-trippers
    4×20 yard Shuffles
    On Squats, Adrian Peterson says he maxxed around 540 lbs. in college, but hasn’t tried since. Usually, he is focused on proper form and higher reps. Therefore, he usually stick to 315 lb. reps when doing squats.

Wednesday Workout Routine = Conditioning & Back and Biceps

5 x 400 yard sprints
    4 x 300 yard sprints
    3 x 100 yard sprints
    10 x 10 yard starts
    Pull-Ups (2 sets of 20)
    Chin-Ups (2 sets of 20)
    Lateral Raise (3 sets of 10)
    Seated Cable Rows (3 sets of 10)
    Lat Pull-downs (3 sets of 10)
    Dumbbell Bicep Curls (3 sets of 10)
    Thursday Workout Routine = Conditioning & Upper Body

5 x 400 yard sprints
    4 x 300 yard sprints
    3 x 100 yard sprints
    10 x 10 yard starts
    Dumbbell Shrugs (1 set of 10)
    Barbell Bench Press (3 sets of 10)
    Incline Bench Press (3 sets of 10)
    Shoulder Press (3 sets of 10)
    Triceps Push-downs (3 sets of 10)
    Cable Crossovers (3 sets of 10)
    Reverse Flys (3 sets of 10)
    Friday Workout Routine = Lower Body & Agility Drills

Lunges
    Single-leg Squats
    Barbell Squat
    Hamstring Leg Curls
    Calf Raises
    1 hour break followed by Agility drills:
    Cone drills, (Circle, Square, sideline to sideline)
    Direction change drills
    Knee box ups
    Half-gashers
    Three-trippers
    4×20 yard Shuffles
    Shump is a basketball player, so I don't think he's done all that. Like I said, Peterson is s different animal with incredible athletic ability and drive.

vCash

Shump is a basketball player, so I don't think he's done all that. Like I said, Peterson is s different animal with incredible athletic ability and drive.
    Yes...!!! Peterson is a beast and this is coming from a Packers fan... it is unfair to compare him to Peterson but this injury has destroyed careers also, T-Mac is one victim, the thing he does have on his side is youth and thats always a good thing if doesn't have it from the start, he will get it back...
    [

vCash
    Peterson is close to a once in a generation athlete.

I watched an ESPN special on AP a few days ago, best part I heard him say when asked how he was so successful getting thru it, he responded "My goal was to come back BETTER than I was before the injury, not to just come back healthy".

Thats what Shumpert has said his mindset is since day 1.

And being a basketball player is rough but nowhere near an NFL running back, if Shump gets to 90% of what AP did recovery wise, he will be a beast on the court in no time.

vCash
    i just hope he realizes that we need him long term far more than short term. Shumps can be one of the future faces of this franchise if he stays healthy. he was looking like a really good player before he went down. watch how much our defense improves when we get shumps back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Peterson is close to a once in a generation athlete.

I watched an ESPN special on AP a few days ago, best part I heard him say when asked how he was so successful getting thru it, he responded "My goal was to come back BETTER than I was before the injury, not to just come back healthy".

Thats what Shumpert has said his mindset is since day 1.

And being a basketball player is rough but nowhere near an NFL running back, if Shump gets to 90% of what AP did recovery wise, he will be a beast on the court in no time.
    Exactly what I'm saying. I'm not knocking Shump at all, it's just that Peterson is incredible.

vCash

I have to tell you I've been around sports a long time and that is not unusual at all for an athlete on many levels.

I think after an injury though its all relevant to the injury and recovery.

Shumps drive, which was my point is extensive, and I think your underestimating what he's doing to get back on the court at a very high level.

After playing Basketball, Football and LaCrosse I will tell you Football is at the end of the least for how much shape to be in.

Basketball is a very unique sport in regards to being in shape, and the difference between football and basketball shape is drastic.

But again Shump is not sitting aroung eating Bom boms is my point, and what I've heard and read is he is putting in extensive time.

I didn't want posters to get any wrong image, becasue this kid is all about work ethics.

Now I can't fly my airplane

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast