Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    Even Rubio has more votes than Curry and he didn't even play and isn't Asian.
    that alone should show you that the fan voting is an absolute joke. His team sucks, he hasnt played.

On the other hand- rubio does have the type of game that makes for an entertaining all star game..... I think curry could look pretty special in that setting too though.

think of it this way, bay area fans know the all star game is a joke. Im more worried about important stuff for the team like - whens bogut coming back? can we survive the next 3 or 4 weeks of the schedule? will curry hurt his ankle? when are we going to see barnes break out? Are the warriors going to make any trades at the deadline?

BTW- parsons and osik are getting votes from the same people who are giving jeremy lin votes. They arent real fans and they only players that they recognize are the ones they see with jeremy lin. Houstons also the 4th biggest city in the country.... so its not like they are in the middle of nowhere.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    This is the biggest homer statement you will ever hear me say, but also the realest. Jeremy Lin, Steve Nash, and Ricky Rubio are leaving Stephen curry in votes.. All of them are less deserving than curry.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    This is the biggest homer statement you will ever hear me say, but also the realest. Jeremy Lin, Steve Nash, and Ricky Rubio are leaving Stephen curry in votes.. All of them are less deserving than curry.
    casual fans fill out the ballots.... i havent even looked at a ballot yet, cuz it really doesnt matter to me. as far as im concerned the all star game is just one more place where curry could tweak an ankle with absolutely no upside for the dubs.

vCash
    Fan votes are a joke. Often times the "fans" that vote have little to no knowledge of the competition.

Welcome back Slumpy Shoulders!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    Fan votes are a joke. Often times the "fans" that vote have little to no knowledge of the competition.
    true story.... a few weeks ago, a girl from my work was filling out an all star ballot and asked me what position jeremy lin played... then asked me which confrence he was in. Yeah- thats the type of person whos best suited to select the most deserving players.

the casual fans who pick guys like rubio or jeremy lin probably wouldnt know if those guys retired. there were a bunch of casual fans that voted magic into the all star game after he retired as well.... thats what happens when you play in LA.

vCash
    What conference and what position was Jeremy Lin? As if the ballot wasn't straightforward enough lol

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    What conference and what position was Jeremy Lin? As if the ballot wasn't straightforward enough lol
    Seriously, I'm surprise she didn't ask how to spell "Lin".

Welcome back Slumpy Shoulders!!

vCash
    hey stylez, was she asian?

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    hey stylez, was she asian?
    Pilipino

vCash
    but not fob status- born in us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Pilipino
    but not fob status- born in us
    let me take a wild guess..

she wanted the heat to win the championship because Erik Spoelstra is half filipino?

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    the point of that whole story wasnt to make fun of Jannice. Shes cool. The point wasnt that she didnt understand the ballot, she could figure it out, .....

I told the story to show an example that a lot of those types of fans are the ones voting for all stars. Those fans are not going to know or care that rubio hasnt played until the last 2 weeks, or that lin isnt playing as well as curry (not even close). The people think the all star game means something are not the people who come on this forum every day and are updated all the time on whats going on in the league.

vCash
    let me take a wild guess..

she wanted the heat to win the championship because Erik Spoelstra is half filipino?
    yeah I dunno, jeremy lin is just trendy to root for I guess. thats more it than a race thing.

There are a ton of educated fans who root for players cuz of their race though. a lot of asians are into jeremy lin cuz hes asian....

I mean Im italian but im not a marco bellinelli fan, an andrei bargnani fan, and I hate kobe bryant. I guess I dont have enough pride in my heritage... lol, but it really means nothing to me. granted im like a 6th generation american.

vCash
    yea i know..and to the ones who actually know whats up, they know the all star game is meaningless.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    yeah I dunno, jeremy lin is just trendy to root for I guess. thats more it than a race thing.

There are a ton of educated fans who root for players cuz of their race though. a lot of asians are into jeremy lin cuz hes asian....

I mean Im italian but im not a marco bellinelli fan, an andrei bargnani fan, and I hate kobe bryant. I guess I dont have enough pride in my heritage... lol, but it really means nothing to me. granted im like a 6th generation american.
    hmmmm....

mike d'antoni.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast