Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    i dont want landry back and i think he is over-rated, but nothing is out of the questions...

if it were up to me, i would sign byrd and draft tony jefferson in the 2nd or 3rd round... i go to OU and can tell you, he is legit.. has all the tools and is probably the best nfl prospect on the team..
    i think people need to be informed of our salary cap situation as well...before we make all the cuts and restructures, we are schelduled to have less than 1 mill in cap space after the penalty.... how much can we really free up to sign all these guys, resign our own, and our draftpicks???

vCash
    thats why i said 2 FAs would be a plus considering we want to bring back guys like Rob jackson

vCash
    I don't think our secondary is in that bad of shape after Tanard Jackson and Brandon Merriweather return. I'd say if we can find a way to make it work under the cap, bring in Jarius Byrd and Brent Grimes.

vCash
    Jackson can't come back until August 30th so he's pretty much worthless for next season too. I liked what Meriweather showed but he has to come back cheaper. I believe he's getting something like 3 million+ next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    At this point, Cousins gives us the best opportunity to win.
    30 minutes before RG3 goes down

Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    Let's just keep RG3 in the game. Can't move and risking furthur injury. Great call.
    One play before RG3 goes down

vCash
    If he gets to come back at all. That's his third time for a banned substance. He is eligible for reinstatement in August, doesn't mean he'll get reinstated.

vCash
    Yeah i'd rather just cut T Jackson, not worth the headache. We haven't seen if he's worth anything to us on the field and he's on the verge of never playing again anyway.

vCash
    i would cut both jackson and merriwether... i mean honestly, he's got to have the worst luck out of any player we have... maybe washington isnt for him..

there are lots of good safteties to be had in the 2nd and 3rd round..tony jefferson, eric reid, t.j mcdonald, bacarri rambo, robert lester, and matt elam...some SS, some FS..

vCash
    I'd like to see us cut/restructure some contracts and free up some cash. I fear some guys I like will be gone next year (Moss, Fletch, Cooley...), but with many of them it's probably time to move on. Others, like Banks, Doughty and Brown, I wouldn't mind seeing go. Normally I'd be against restructuring or deferring salary cap expenses to future years, but we'll have 2 things going for us. 1 - no $18 million penalty and 2-the cap should go up significantly due to the TV contracts (however, this is debatable).

I read somewhere that Releasing Moss, Cooley, and Hall on March 1 would save the Redskins $16.1 million on the salary cap for 2013 and we can free up quite a bit of money by cutting/restructuring other contracts as well. *cough* Banks, Doughty, Brown *cough*

If we do this, I'm hoping we can pick up 2 or 3 quality free agents and hit the rest of our needs in the draft. What do you think?

I know our cap isn't that great with large contracts, penalties, etc., but is our salary cap trouble really that bad once we lose some contracts, restructure, etc.?

vCash
    Landry definitely isn't overrated if he's healthy! Don't be bitter cuz he left! After all our training staff mite just be the worst in the nfl really does any of our players ever get over injuries! Orakpo did tear his titty twice! Either we just have really bad luck or really bad trainers! With serious injuries u don't just rehab back to normal u take caution and rehab stronger than before!

vCash
    I believe Landry is overrated even when healthy. He cannot cover at all, bites on every double move, big liability in the passing game. All he does is take bad angles and try to blow up the ball carrier. Then he gets up and dances after making a tackle 10 yards down the field. I'm over him.

vCash
    I'm not even sure why Laron Landry made the pro bowl. Stats aren't all that impressive.

vCash
    depends what you consider over-rated...he was a top6 pick that was expected to be an all-pro and never even came close....is he a better safety than what we have??of course..
    is he an elite safety?, IDK...he came close in 2010, but has not lived up to the hype...

we can definitely draft a SS and they would come in and contribute on a high level right away...
    what makes me say he is over-rated is how he views himself to be a GOD when he is not that good and how he dissed Mike shanahan....

if he humbles himself a little bit and admit what he said was stupid, why not? give him a chance to get on board... if not, let his *** rott in NY with Sanchez and santonio holmes

vCash
    Don't get me wrong tho I would only want Landry back with a excellent fs like Byrd! That way Landry could play up free lance and add to the pass rush! Just seems really scary to me with Kerrigan Orakpo and Landry coming qbs would be forced to chuck it up leaving opportunities for our dbs! But without Byrd or a ballhawking fs yea Landry is useless

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kbaxter34 View Post
    Next on the list should be a new medical staff
    This

As far as FA goes id love to get 2 of Sebastian Volmer, Sean Smith or dashon goldson/Byrd .Don't think Miami will let smith go. Fred Davis must be resigned

If we don't address secondary in FA, then in the draft I would love to see us get

1st Xavier Rhodes
    2nd Baccari Rambo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman21 View Post
    This

As far as FA goes id love to get 2 of Sebastian Volmer, Sean Smith or dashon goldson/Byrd .Don't think Miami will let smith go. Fred Davis must be resigned

If we don't address secondary in FA, then in the draft I would love to see us get

1st Xavier Rhodes
    2nd Baccari Rambo
    volmer is almost 30.. i would love to have smith, but like you said, they'r not going to let him go... i agree with everything else thou....although we dont have a 1st..

we can still get Rhodes in the 2nd and rambo in the 3rd though....we might pull off a RT in the 4th because this class is deep there

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast