Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    I hate Deangelo Hall but I think we tell him "we either cut you and you get nothing, or you take a smaller deal to help us bring in more secondary help." If he's cool with that then I'm cool with keeping him. The price we currently pay for Hall could buy us a legit #1 corner. I think we gotta get Moss to take a lesser deal to. I was in favor of cutting him next season but he has really performed in a smaller role this year.

Anywho, I would like to sign Byrd at FS and then welcome Merriweather back to try to earn the SS spot (meanwhile look for a cheap solid SS for him to compete with). We need to resign Fred Davis (his injury was probably a blessing in disguise, saved us a little dough for his next contract) and Rob Jackson (solid back up to Orakpo that proved his worth, can't feel comfortable with letting him go until we see whether Orakpo can recover 100% from his peck injury).

Our draft this year will be important because we need to hit on our 2nd and 3rd round picks. I would like our draft to focus entirely on lineman and secondary.
    Last edited by Shareeb_omac2; 12-30-2012 at 01:00 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shareeb_omac2 View Post
    I hate Deangelo Hall but I think we tell him "we either cut you and you get nothing, or you take a smaller deal to help us bring in more secondary help." If he's cool with that then I'm cool with keeping him. The price we currently pay for Hall could buy us a legit #1 corner. I think we gotta get Moss to take a lesser deal to. I was in favor of cutting him next season but he has really performed in a smaller role this year.

Anywho, I would like to sign Byrd at FS and then welcome Merriweather back to try to earn the SS spot (meanwhile look for a cheap solid SS for him to compete with). We need to resign Fred Davis (his injury was probably a blessing in disguise, saved us a little dough for his next contract) and Rob Jackson (solid back up to Orakpo that proved his worth, can't feel comfortable with letting him go until we see whether Orakpo can recover 100% from his peck injury).

Our draft this year will be important because we need to hit on our 2nd and 3rd round picks. I would like our draft to focus entirely on lineman and secondary.
    we can still pay hall enough to keep him and it would help us out a lot...moss did the same thing last season where he restructured his contract to help the salary cap situation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pjyancy View Post
    I'd like to see us cut/restructure some contracts and free up some cash. I fear some guys I like will be gone next year (Moss, Fletch, Cooley...), but with many of them it's probably time to move on. Others, like Banks, Doughty and Brown, I wouldn't mind seeing go. Normally I'd be against restructuring or deferring salary cap expenses to future years, but we'll have 2 things going for us. 1 - no $18 million penalty and 2-the cap should go up significantly due to the TV contracts (however, this is debatable).

I read somewhere that Releasing Moss, Cooley, and Hall on March 1 would save the Redskins $16.1 million on the salary cap for 2013 and we can free up quite a bit of money by cutting/restructuring other contracts as well. *cough* Banks, Doughty, Brown *cough*

If we do this, I'm hoping we can pick up 2 or 3 quality free agents and hit the rest of our needs in the draft. What do you think?

I know our cap isn't that great with large contracts, penalties, etc., but is our salary cap trouble really that bad once we lose some contracts, restructure, etc.?
    Well, I don't think releasing Hall is the best start. You'll then need to sign another #1 CB which don't become available very often. Restructuring will definitely be addressed. They won't have a lot of money to spend but the secondary is a good place to focus. Merriweather is a big question mark....I would hold onto him I think if they make just one FA signing it should be an upgraded safety in addition to Merriweather. Another CB added will be helpful as well either through FA or their 2nd rounder. Orakpo returns and I maintain that Polumbus is a serviceable RT. I think secondary help is paramount this offseason. Oh, and sign Fred Davis who should be cheaper than he would've been had he been healthy all season. Maybe draft another TE in the draft - Fauria from UCLA would be another nice target for Griffin.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 01-07-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123