Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Free agent wish list

i think this is the perfect time to do this seeing as we are on the verge on playing the last game of the regular season...i expect us to make the playoffs and continue this conversation as we play next week and on, but let put it out there...

who do you want us to sign... realistically speaking, we are only going to have enough money to sign one maybe 2 key guys even after we make moves such as restructuring hall and cutting brown...

there are lots of good names out there at our needs..which are RT, S, and CB..

aquib talib
    dashon goldson
    jarius byrd
    jake long
    ryan clady
    brandon albert
    sebastian volmer
    andre smith
    phil loadholt
    tracey porter
    sean smith
    DRC
    william moore
    laron landry
    stephen jackson
    greg jennings
    mike wallace
    dwayne bowe
    Danny Amendola
    jared cook
    fred davis
    dwight freeny
    michael johnson
    osi

just throwing a lot of names out there...we can only sign 2 if we're lucky because of the 18 mill we are about to lose...

i really want Byrd..i think he is a better safety the dashon and doesnt get credit because he plays for buffalo, kinda the same story with fletcher...

if we sign byrd and jared cook, that would be awesome...

vCash
    Laron Landry being on that list disappoints me.

vCash
    The formula of 24-28 years old. Good character. Of course, a high skill level. Defensive secondary help is a must.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcribbin View Post
    The formula of 24-28 years old. Good character. Of course, a high skill level. Defensive secondary help is a must.
    byrd is all of the above and more... i really think he would be a london fletcher-type signing... dude has all the tools, but played for a horrible buffalo team and still managed to shine... put him behind orakpo, kerrigan, coefield, bowen, jenkins, carriker, fletcher and riley and i think he will be a perennial pro-bowler..

laron is there by default... i really dont want him back just like i would want us to waste money on a guy like dwayne bowe or greg jennings when we are loaded at WR...

what i am interested in seeing is if stephen jackson would come to Washington...i think we would definitely intrigue him with the shanahans, RG3, the zone scheme, and a chance to win... i saw on nfl.com that he was contemplating retirement.... a backfield of AMMO, helu and The beast would be very good one.. ahh, maybe am dreaming..

vCash
    tracey porter or aquib talib would be amazing, but i doubt they'll leave teams like NE and DEN..we dont have the money to pay top CB dollars to these guys..

vCash
    Fred Davis

White Sox & Redskins Forever

vCash
    I would go for Ryan Clady or Jake Long first and foremost. Shore up that O-line. And remember, our secondary should be healthy next year and no more suspensions, but a guy like Jairius Byrd could make a big difference. If we can go for a 3rd signing, I would think about Dwayne Bowe. RG3 could use a big target like that in the red zone, not to mention he's just a he!! of a reciever.

vCash
    Anyone in the secondary would work for me. Resigning Fred Davis should be high on the list of priorities

vCash
    Next on the list should be a new medical staff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kbaxter34 View Post
    Next on the list should be a new medical staff
    This

As far as FA goes id love to get 2 of Sebastian Volmer, Sean Smith or dashon goldson/Byrd .Don't think Miami will let smith go. Fred Davis must be resigned

If we don't address secondary in FA, then in the draft I would love to see us get

1st Xavier Rhodes
    2nd Baccari Rambo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman21 View Post
    This

As far as FA goes id love to get 2 of Sebastian Volmer, Sean Smith or dashon goldson/Byrd .Don't think Miami will let smith go. Fred Davis must be resigned

If we don't address secondary in FA, then in the draft I would love to see us get

1st Xavier Rhodes
    2nd Baccari Rambo
    volmer is almost 30.. i would love to have smith, but like you said, they'r not going to let him go... i agree with everything else thou....although we dont have a 1st..

we can still get Rhodes in the 2nd and rambo in the 3rd though....we might pull off a RT in the 4th because this class is deep there

vCash
    No need to sign a RB at all. Our focus should be in the secondary, o-line, and getting Fred Davis resigned. I wish we could have seen what our secondary could have been like if everyone stayed healthy

Don't Be A Lemon, Be A Rosebud!

vCash
    We need to win that 18 mil back!!!! Snyder put all your focus into that, Shanny will take care of the football side of things.

Then we should:

Resign Fred Davis
    Sign Aquib Talib\ tracey porter\ sean smith\ DRC
    Sign Jarius Byrd\ Goldson
    Sign jake long\ ryan clady\ brandon albert\ sebastian volmer

And draft the most talented players we can on our draft board.

I know most of those guys will be too expensive or will get franchised, but my point is I hope we fill in our glaring holes through free agency and then draft talent. I think great teams draft the best players available instead of reaching for positions of need.

My Mock v 1.1
    51st (Second Round) - Amerson CB/FS
    85th (third round) - Bacarri Rambo FS
    119th (fourth) - David Quessenberry, OT/OG
    154th (fifth) - Cornelius Washington, DE/ OLB
    162nd (fifth) - Ray Ray Armstrong, SS
    191st (sixth) - Nick Kasa, TE
    228th (seventh) - Rodney Smith, WR

vCash
    Any medical staff

Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

vCash
    jake long and ryan clady want to be the highest paid tackles in the nfl.... i dont think that is possible given the salary cap situation and bruce allen's history...the only remote possibility is that clady was an all-pro under shanahan, so he might consider re-joining him...but money usually wins, not common sense..

i think a more realistic RT would be looking in the 2nd-4th round... this draft is very deep at RT and we can get a starter in the 3rd or 4th..

i would defintely be thrilled if we came out of FA with just Jarius byrd seeing how deep our roster is and how good we draft..

lets not forget, we still have 7 draftpicks, plenty of talent developing and plenty of guys coming back from injury...chase mannifield was a major contributor before the injuries..maurice hurt played pretty good last week..crompton is still developing..

Good TEs can be found in any round...if we cant afford davis, then am not that sad..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast