Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,389
    vCash
    1500

    Deandre Jordan: The $43 million bench player

    Why does he only get 24 minutes per game? His minutes have not increased at all over the past 3 years and most of his rate stats have improved.

    He is sporting a 98 defensive rating right now and is averaging a career high in points. It's not like they need someone elses offense since they have Blake, CP3, Crawford, Butler, Barnes, Odom, Bledsoe...etc.

    Why pay the guy 43 million to play 20 minutes per game?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,279
    vCash
    1500
    Fouls/free throw shooting

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,389
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Fouls/free throw shooting
    No. He gets taken out at the 5 minute mark of the 1st quarter and then comes back in with 3.5 left in the second. He only gets 12 minutes in the first half.

    Then they take him out with 4 to go in the 3rd. There is nothing to do with free throw shooting in those times.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,692
    vCash
    1500
    I don't understand why they would pay the guy 43 million to even play 30+ mins a game. Take away Paul and Griffin, and his numbers/production go way down.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    West Covina CA
    Posts
    16,877
    vCash
    1631
    They're just that good right now. He'd play more if we needed it. He is playing very well and worth the money.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,212
    vCash
    1500
    The team is so deep. They wouldnt be the worst team in the NBA with:

    bledsoe
    crawford
    hill/barnes
    turiaf
    hollins

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,389
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKobeBryant View Post
    The team is so deep. They wouldnt be the worst team in the NBA with:

    bledsoe
    crawford
    hill/barnes
    turiaf
    hollins
    yes but turiaf and hollins are both trash who have been tossed from team to team. I think giving deandre more minutes would benefit the team more than having them play.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    West Covina CA
    Posts
    16,877
    vCash
    1631
    Quote Originally Posted by poleandreel View Post
    yes but turiaf and hollins are both trash who have been tossed from team to team. I think giving deandre more minutes would benefit the team more than having them play.
    False. Tufiaf and Hollins are probably both better "players" than DJ. DJ is just so much bigger and more athletic. Also, Odom is replacing DJ. Turiaf/Hollins are backing up Blake. There isn't a flaw in the VND's rotations right now. Everything is going perfectly right now...how can say we can improve on a franchise record 15 game winning streak? A streak we are winning by 16+ per game?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,389
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    False. Tufiaf and Hollins are probably both better "players" than DJ. DJ is just so much bigger and more athletic. Also, Odom is replacing DJ. Turiaf/Hollins are backing up Blake. There isn't a flaw in the VND's rotations right now. Everything is going perfectly right now...how can say we can improve on a franchise record 15 game winning streak? A streak we are winning by 16+ per game?
    Minn
    Sac
    Utah
    Dallas
    Pho
    Tor
    Chi
    Char
    Mil
    Detroit
    New Orleans
    Sac
    Pho
    Denv
    Boston

    They have beaten maybe 3 good teams during this entire streak. Chicago, even though they aren;t exactly a top teams, Denver..and boston. Neither of which are very good this year.

    So, just because they are winning the easy games doesn't mean that his rotations can't be improved. They are 17th in rebounding...you know who is the teams 2nd best rebounder? JORDAN..in only 20 minutes.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    33,173
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by poleandreel View Post
    Minn
    Sac
    Utah
    Dallas
    Pho
    Tor
    Chi
    Char
    Mil
    Detroit
    New Orleans
    Sac
    Pho
    Denv
    Boston

    They have beaten maybe 3 good teams during this entire streak. Chicago, even though they aren;t exactly a top teams, Denver..and boston. Neither of which are very good this year.
    Yea buts its still 15-0 and Denver is pretty underrated

    So, just because they are winning the easy games doesn't mean that his rotations can't be improved.
    But they arent just winning, they are obliterating teams and winning streaks like this dont just happen.

    They are 17th in rebounding...you know who is the teams 2nd best rebounder? JORDAN..in only 20 minutes.
    Maybe but maybe rebounding is overrated?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    90090
    Posts
    510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by poleandreel View Post
    Minn
    Sac
    Utah
    Dallas
    Pho
    Tor
    Chi
    Char
    Mil
    Detroit
    New Orleans
    Sac
    Pho
    Denv
    Boston

    They have beaten maybe 3 good teams during this entire streak. Chicago, even though they aren;t exactly a top teams, Denver..and boston. Neither of which are very good this year.

    So, just because they are winning the easy games doesn't mean that his rotations can't be improved. They are 17th in rebounding...you know who is the teams 2nd best rebounder? JORDAN..in only 20 minutes.
    Who cares if they're playing inferior teams, the Clippers could have still lost to ANY of the teams they've played. Just because they're a better team on paper doesn't mean that they're a shoe-in for a win. Even the Heat lost to Washington so I don't get the point of you mentioning the teams they've steamrolled.

    DeAndre Jordan is playing less minutes because they don't need him out on the floor. Also, he's not as versatile as Odom so VDN goes with Odom later in the game. Plus, VDN is able to keep his starters fresh for the stretch run so who cares, they're WINNING. Go complain when the Clippers start losing because Jordan isn't on the floor.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Posts
    14,914
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by poleandreel View Post
    Minn
    Sac
    Utah
    Dallas
    Pho
    Tor
    Chi
    Char
    Mil
    Detroit
    New Orleans
    Sac
    Pho
    Denv
    Boston

    They have beaten maybe 3 good teams during this entire streak. Chicago, even though they aren;t exactly a top teams, Denver..and boston. Neither of which are very good this year.

    So, just because they are winning the easy games doesn't mean that his rotations can't be improved. They are 17th in rebounding...you know who is the teams 2nd best rebounder? JORDAN..in only 20 minutes.
    Better teams have played far easier schedules and still failed to amass such a streak you say it as if its just easy.

    Where did the Heat rank in terms of rebounds last season? Oh yea 21st and guess what they went all the way.

    Chronz essentially address your beef with their second best rebounder playing so few minutes. If something isn't broke then why attempt to fix it? The team is winning and that's all that matters.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In your Fridge, Houston, Tx
    Posts
    982
    vCash
    1500
    Easy... depth and keeping your investments fresh and healthy early on so they're at full strength late into the season. They're cruising through the league and racking up wins everywhere, they can afford to rest their marquis players so they'll be healthy and available when it matters.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,370
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by poleandreel View Post
    Minn
    Sac
    Utah
    Dallas
    Pho
    Tor
    Chi
    Char
    Mil
    Detroit
    New Orleans
    Sac
    Pho
    Denv
    Boston

    They have beaten maybe 3 good teams during this entire streak. Chicago, even though they aren;t exactly a top teams, Denver..and boston. Neither of which are very good this year.

    So, just because they are winning the easy games doesn't mean that his rotations can't be improved. They are 17th in rebounding...you know who is the teams 2nd best rebounder? JORDAN..in only 20 minutes.
    Who cares what teams they have beaten, they didnt rig the scheduling to make it like this

    had they lost 12 0f 16 then you'd be screaming how overrated BLAKE/DJ are and blah blah and you still would be screaming how they are overpaying for a

    20min. player

    CP3 isnt getting heavy minutes so his production scoring wise wont be like in NO, even his assists will be down because of the hockey assist he will get with all those other playmakers around him

    either way you slice it, they are legit contenders

    its been that way since beginning of nba inception..the contenders beat whoever wherever, 16 wins in a row in the NBA is a major coup for CLIPS org.and any org. for that matter in any season

    they use to struggle to not lose 16 in a row,go figure

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    perth australia
    Posts
    9,681
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKobeBryant View Post
    The team is so deep. They wouldnt be the worst team in the NBA with:

    bledsoe
    crawford
    hill/barnes
    turiaf
    hollins
    that front court starting

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •