Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 115 1231151101 ... LastLast
    vCash

Focusing on next years draft!

What players By name do you think the dolphins Should get? For me I will say Greg Reid Fsu special teams and Brandon jenkins pass rusher and robert woods wide receiver

2. 07-05-2012, 06:44 AM
    Reason
    I agree but thats a little harsh

vCash
    Tyrann Mathieu-CB LSU
    Yes he is small but we need playmakers and he is one

Devin Taylor-DE South Carolina
    I would move him to OLB

Bacarri Rambo-FS Georgia
    Need. Played with Reshad Jones

Manti Te'o-ILB Notre Dame
    Dansby's successor

Kenny Tate-OLB Maryland
    Move him back to FS

Tavon Austin-WR West Virginia
    Our version of Randall Cobb. Playmaker

ALL ARE SENIORS EXCEPT MATHIEU
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Excuse me, as a football fan I'm going to enjoy when they actually play football. We'll have months to debate who we should draft after the season's over.

vCash
    surely we will all enjoy football this season but nothing is going on in the football world now so why not talk about it until their is
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Seriously? THIS year hasn't even started yet... and there's a full year of college ball to play.

Why are threads like this allowed to be opened? Someone else explain it to me...

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Yeah no joke, c'mon man we still got a couple months till this season starts and already talking about next years draft????? I know its a slow time in the sports world and I cant wait till football season starts either, but thats a lil too far.

mad props to phins1983

vCash
    a little early, no?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    surely we will all enjoy football this season but nothing is going on in the football world now so why not talk about it until their is
    i agree

vCash
    Its better to prepare sooner than later whjat you might say now will influence the way the team drafts next season besides nothing has been started yet

vCash
    Atleast let the college players hit the field.... aton of things will change before next years draft. Always does.

vCash
    True things could change from now until April but with that said Tyrann Mathieu is who i want in the 1st round right now
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    i cant really look into next year yet. we haven't played a game yet, we don't know our record, and for that record we do not know where we will be on the clock.

vCash
    EJ manuel is going to be a solid player when he comes out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    True things could change from now until April but with that said Tyrann Mathieu is who i want in the 1st round right now
    He is way over hyped and isn't even the best CB on the LSU team.

vCash
    overhyped my butt. Amerson and Mathieu are the best CB's in this draft. we picked 8th in last draft and their was supposedly only 6 elite players. idk how many elite prospects will be in the 2013 draft but both will be there. and yes he is the best CB on LSU. i think he is better than Peterson and Claiborne both. reminds me of Polamalu

Tom Melton on Mathieu + the Heisman last yr
    Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU:
    Analysis: It hurts me to list Mathieu as my #1 finalist, but I don’t think he will end up winning the Heisman no matter how much I like him as a player. He is my favorite player in the entire country and I have not been shy about saying this. He’s a fantastic player, and if anyone makes the argument that Trent Richardson had the greatest impact on a top team in the country I would immediately disagree. Tyrann Mathieu has had the biggest impact of anyone on LSU’s undefeated season out of any of the players on that team. Time and time again whenever LSU’s offense struggled to score points he would force turnovers or return punts and either set them up with great field position or just take the ball into the end zone himself. There is no question in my mind that Mathieu warrants a ton of Heisman consideration, but ultimately I think his suspension and the talent around him on defense will keep him from winning it.

Ben Harbaugh Seahawks scouting
    For me, tackling makes Tyrann Mathieu a truly unique and special player. What some might call a "knack for forcing fumbles," I call a tangible talent. Physically he's amazingly well suited for the strip. His compact frame allows for more independent motions at the close proximity of a tackle than almost anyone. This means he can hit and strip, rather than one or the other. He rarely misses an opportunity for his long, strong arms to grasp for the ball.

Technically he's perfected the art of taking the ball away. Until now, every DB known for stripping the ball must consciously choose to stay on their feet and hold the receiver up. Mathieu bypasses that decision by staying on his feet through his natural tackling motion. I've never seen anything like it. Yet he's still usually the lower man and finishes tackles at a high rate. Douse all that with his inherent tenacity and 4-6 forced fumbles per year should be the norm for Mathieu.

It sounds a little ridiculous (I'll say it anyway) but I could see Mathieu finishing his NFL career as the greatest strip fumble technician ever

Walter Football
    Skill-Set Summary: The unique attributes that allows Mathieu to be such a force are his instincts. He does a tremendous job of reading an offense and getting in position to make plays. Mathieu is always around the ball. The aggresive corner is a physical hitter and plays much bigger than his size. He has a real knack to strip the ball free from ball carriers.

In the college game, Mathieu has good coverage as a cornerback. He doesn't get beat deep or allow much separation. For the next level, given his size, Mathieu would be best as a hybrid safety and cornerback. He could be serve as a slot corner who covers smaller receivers. Mathieu would operate well as a roving free safety. His instincts could let him run around the field and make splash plays. Mathieu's game is similar to Baltimore Ravens All-Pro Ed Reed.

Bleacher Report(yea i know)
    Tyrann Mathieu, Cornerback, LSU

Height: 5'8" Weight: 175 lbs Stats: 71 tackles, five forced fumbles, two interceptions, two punt return touchdowns

Scouting Report: As only a true sophomore at LSU, Tyrann Mathieu isn't eligible for the 2012 NFL draft yet—players must be three years removed from high school graduation. That doesn't mean we can't take a look at his impressive skills.

The first thing you notice is Mathieu's lack of ideal NFL size for the cornerback position. He's a full two inches shorter than you'd like and at least 10 lbs light. Muscle and bulk can be added, but most men don't grow two inches past their 16th birthday. A position change may be in order for Mathieu.

I could easily show you a clip of Mathieu's ability as a return man, or him running back an interception, but the most impressive part of his game to me is the fearlessness he brings to tackling. It's this ability that has me seeing Mathieu as a free safety at the next level.

During his time at LSU, Tyrann has shown an ability and tenacity as a tackler. He's great at coming out of his break and attacking the ball carrier. Another impressive trait is his knack for finding the football in space. He may not be great in man coverage due to his height, but Mathieu swarms to the football with great burst and agility.

If I'm running the draft, Mathieu would quickly become my target free safety. His size would not be an issue there, and his natural skills as a ball-hawk would be best served in space. Another bonus—Mathieu is an excellent punt returner and will make an immediate impact in that role.

Best Fit-Free Safety

guess what we need a FS. No offensive player can i see impacting our offense more than he could impact our D. id resign Sean Smith. if Mathieu takes a minute to learn the position change then him + Marshall could change spots until he gets it
    Take Notes Rook

Page 1 of 115 1231151101 ... LastLast