Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Denarius Moore?

Hybrid View

vCash

Denarius Moore?

Ive noticed an obvious decline in Denarius's play this year, but is he just going through a "sophmore slump" or is Knapp to blame for his regression with his tranparent play calling along with having to learn a new system and what not? Personally I think this kid has great potential and will get it together come next year, plus we don't really have any other reliable option at punt returner besides him (for the moment, not that he's anything but maybe average at that position).... Just this past week he had his 2nd worst game of the season, stat wise, but he did have Lienart chucking the ball at him. I'm curious to see how the rest of the Nation feels about this young prospect? Here are some interesting articles/comments ive been able to find on the subject; Denarius Moore has nine drops, compared with 50 receptions - for a drop rate of 15.25, the second highest in the league, according to Pro Football Focus.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-week-16/Moore struggles again: Raiders wide receiver Denarius Moore’s slump continued in Week 16 against the Panthers, in a 17-6 loss. Moore managed to bring in just three receptions for 12 yards, despite being targeted a team high seven times. Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer was forced to leave the game after just three pass attempts, and Matt Leinart could not get the offense going in relief. The 12 yards represented Moore’s second-worst game of the season.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players...denarius-moore
    Last edited by bigjunior559; 12-27-2012 at 10:44 PM.

vCash
    You don't get rid of DM! The whole offense is having issues! DM will be a good WR and he is cheap! Keep him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliDevil71 View Post
    You don't get rid of DM! The whole offense is having issues! DM will be a good WR and he is cheap! Keep him!
    My thoughts exactly...

vCash
    Moore and Streater are keepers.

vCash
    Poor play calling and Moore getting added attention every play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyTeam View Post
    Poor play calling and Moore getting added attention every play.
    A true number 1 WR should see added attention, on every snap as defenses account for his presence and still goes up and gets the ball, making plays. The Raiders only possesion receiver this season has been Myers, the TE and thats a problem in todays game. Moore can take the top off a defense, but we still need a guy that can move the chains and attack the middle of a defense and be a threat in the redzone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    A true number 1 WR should see added attention, on every snap as defenses account for his presence and still goes up and gets the ball, making plays. The Raiders only possesion receiver this season has been Myers, the TE and thats a problem in todays game. Moore can take the top off a defense, but we still need a guy that can move the chains and attack the middle of a defense and be a threat in the redzone.
    you know what snake? Your one of the few posters i look forward to reading when im skiming through the threads. I tend to agree with what you have to say far more often than not....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Yup....

Our guys are down the field threats and that is it. These guys cannot sit on a route, or stretch the first 10-15 yards at all. The emergence is Streater is showing this, and the lack of any production in the red zone as well. You could blame some of that red zone on Knapp, but is seen just as many drops or lack of separation as well.

vCash
    D. Moore is the only WR on the roster that have trade value. I personally wouldn't want to trade him but I feel like he will. Heyward-Bey might get released and Ford will be on the market but no buyers. 2013 offseason will be fun

"I will do anything to win" - Al Davis

vCash
    depend on what you can get for him.

I would like to see Jennings come over as our #1. then we have streeter as a two and ford as a three.
    Criner will see more reps, and then we have two spots, and two players DHB and moore, that I would tarde for proper value, and in the case of DHB I would cut him if I couldnt get a taker.
    For Moore...a 2nd would definietly send him packing , maybe a high third. remember, we are planning for three to four years from now.

vCash
    Poor play calling has nothing to do with dropped passes and running bad routes ,need to lay off Knapps nutz and start making the players accountable. The entire TEAM has played poorly because we are limited in talent and with that couldn't afford the injuries we've sustained this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    Poor play calling has nothing to do with dropped passes and running bad routes ,need to lay off Knapps nutz and start making the players accountable. The entire TEAM has played poorly because we are limited in talent and with that couldn't afford the injuries we've sustained this year.
    Agreed!nKnapp's blame only goes so far. This has been the worst Raiders team in history. DA needs to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kringle9 View Post
    Agreed!nKnapp's blame only goes so far. This has been the worst Raiders team in history. DA needs to go.
    This has nothing to do with DA and everything to do with the previous management or OWNER who along with Jacksons brilliant trade screwed us for this year . Dennis Allen can only do so much with what he has and I dont expect him to say exactly how he feels about the team he took on when he took this position. I can see his frustration with the play of this team .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    depend on what you can get for him.

I would like to see Jennings come over as our #1. then we have streeter as a two and ford as a three.
    Criner will see more reps, and then we have two spots, and two players DHB and moore, that I would tarde for proper value, and in the case of DHB I would cut him if I couldnt get a taker.
    For Moore...a 2nd would definietly send him packing , maybe a high third. remember, we are planning for three to four years from now.
    "I don't know, I've seen guys who have been hurt all year come off injuries and get paid," Jennings said. "I'm not concerned about it. It's the nature of the game. Has it dipped into my pocket some? Probably. But my resume speaks for itself. What I'm able to do is not going to change."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ssion-and-fast

He'll be 30 next year, he's starting to break down and his production is in decline....why would we pay this guy? This is the kind of guy we're looking to avoid.

-Stork

vCash
    Bring in a true pro like Jennings and you see dm get better. Keep him streater criner jacoby and see the improvement

[B]New York Yankees 27 World Championships.....need I say more?
    Oakland Raiders 3 Super Bowl Victories/rest of the AFC West 3 Super Bowl Wins

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast